PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Sunday 10-5

SAL
10-05-2003, 12:03 PM
My Sunday Belmont picks:

R1 - #4 Novelado. This distance is probably better for him, and he comes out of a race that has produced a few next out winners. I have serious knocks against a lot of other runners here. Also like #9 Garb. Very consistent in his dirt sprints.

R2 - #2 Eyeofthehunter – Same jock/trainer/owner already struck with a 10/1 2yo FTS at this meet. I suspect this one can run too. My DD key.

R3 - #8 Main Stream –Was picking off horses when the jock had to put on the brakes last time. This trainer excels with the sprint/route move also. Breeding says OK on this one too.

R4 - #8 Mrs. Smooth Moves – My longshot. Ran a couple of good ones before being put on the shelf. This year had an excuse for every poor performance. Chavez stays along for the ride and this one’s odds will definetely be right. The Suff ‘ special here.

R5 - #7 Elegant Mercedes- I can’t really go against this one. She really responded to Dutrow’s care and blitzed claimers in her last with a high fig. Since she obviously has no problem stringing wins together it would be foolish to go against her. I make her 6/5 here, will bet at 8/5 or better.

R6 - #8 Dixie Dorie-Going out on a limb here. I like the horse, but the trainer and jock don’t inspire confidence. This horse runs well at the mile distance on the grass (2 for 7), but the 7 lb apprentice gives me cause to worry. Will bet at 6/1 or above though.

R7 - #4 Northern Rock-Although Saarland has been running against much tougher, his last race makes me think he’s shot his wad. I see Northern Rock controlling the pace from start to finish here, and the McLaughlin/Migliore combo is clicking at 30% + at Belmont.

R8 - #5 Alajwad-This royally bred horse won his last impressively in a productive race that’s produced a few next out winners. Bailey’s not riding here today, but he gets Velazquez, not much of a dropoff. Trainer has good stats in a few catagories too.

R9 – No opinion here, can’t see anything besides the two chalks. Of those two though, I wouldn’t go against Jerkens.

R10 - #11 Flying Pickle-responded favorably with her first try on the sod. This is a longshot trainer so demand a price. Also like the FTS #3 Flirting Ways. Bond does well with these types.