PDA

View Full Version : Good website for PPs/records of historic horses?

keithw84
01-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Last week, I found a website that had a pretty comprehensive database of race records, and now I can't find it. What are some of the sites people here go to?

I'm interested in researching when and where different historic horses raced - date, which race on the card, distance, grade (if applicable), track, order of finish.

Any suggestions?

Stillriledup
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Last week, I found a website that had a pretty comprehensive database of race records, and now I can't find it. What are some of the sites people here go to?

I'm interested in researching when and where different historic horses raced - date, which race on the card, distance, grade (if applicable), track, order of finish.

Any suggestions?

i have a book called "Champions" that has PPs for many great horses, if there's a specific horse you want to ask about, i'll look it up for you.

keithw84
01-04-2011, 12:15 AM
i have a book called "Champions" that has PPs for many great horses, if there's a specific horse you want to ask about, i'll look it up for you.

There wasn't one that stood out... I'm just interested in a lot of the names from the 70s and 80s... been looking up info on sites like Equibase. If there is one I can't find, I'll let you know. Thanks!

HUSKER55
01-04-2011, 12:32 AM
It runs in my mind that the computer keeps a list of past searches for a period of time. Have you checked that out?

just a thought

good luck

Stillriledup
01-04-2011, 04:00 AM
There wasn't one that stood out... I'm just interested in a lot of the names from the 70s and 80s... been looking up info on sites like Equibase. If there is one I can't find, I'll let you know. Thanks!

No Problem, feel free to PM me if you want.

JustRalph
01-04-2011, 04:23 AM
If you find it, look up Seabiscuits Pp's and check out how many times he ran. Including multiple match races. They used to be posted online somewhere, but I no longer have the link

Stillriledup
01-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Seabiscuit trivia time:

Seabiscuit raced 3 times in 2 horse fields and he was 3 for 3.

The Biscuit won 33 lifetime starts, his greatest margin of victory?

7 Lengths.

Seabiscuit was 5 wins 4 losses in races decided by a nose or a neck (in which he was in the top 2)

The Biscuit carried 133 lbs in his career and he also carried 103.

He never raced on Lasix.

The largest field he was ever in was an 18 horse field in consecutive years in the SA Handicap in 1937 and 1938. He lost by a nose both times, while finishing 2nd.

He raced at so many different tracks in his career, it would take me a long time to count them all up.

Canarsie
01-04-2011, 08:03 AM
You will have to do a lot of sorting out but the DRF archives might help a little.

http://kdl.kyvl.org/drf/

It actually has a horse from the 60's that broke me out of my first slump even though I was nowhere near 18 yet. :lol:

sandpit
01-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Seabiscuit trivia time:

7 Lengths.

Seabiscuit was 5 wins 4 losses in races decided by a nose or a neck (in which he was in the top 2)

He never raced on Lasix.

The largest field he was ever in was an 18 horse field in consecutive years in the SA Handicap in 1937 and 1938. He lost by a nose both times, while finishing 2nd.

He raced at so many different tracks in his career, it would take me a long time to count them all up.

I believe he also started 35 times as a 2-year-old! His lifetime pps are in the back of Hillebrand's book.

keithw84
01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
I believe he also started 35 times as a 2-year-old! His lifetime pps are in the back of Hillebrand's book.

And didn't win until his 18th try!

Tom
01-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Here's one for graded stakes that is pretty good

http://www.thoroughbredreport.com/ShowStakesData.php?selectYear=2010&selectMonth=13&selectTrack=ALL&selectGrade=1&selectAge=3up&selectSex=cgx&selectDist=S&selectSurf=D&selectWPS=W&submitButtonName=Submit+Query

Some_One
01-05-2011, 12:06 PM
You can also try the results database over at Betfair, just basic info, but might be of use.

mountainman
01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Seabiscuit trivia time:

7 Lengths.

He never raced on Lasix.

I've talked to oldtimers who actually knew his trainer, and they say Seabiscuit was a "machine" horse. Whatever the case, Seabiscuit's transformation from cheap claimer to champion ranks as perhaps the greatest training feat ever. It's amusing that the otherwise modest Sunny Jim Fitzimmons, who conditioned the horse through an incredibly dismal two-year-old campaign, tried to take credit for Seabiscuit's subsequent success.