PDA

View Full Version : NFL playoffs

lamboguy
01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
i am guessing that the new england patriots are the best football team i have seen since the afl merged with the nfl. i am going to fly out to vegas and bet them minus the points for the first 2 games parlaying the money. if they are in the superbowl i will go back to vegas and bet them in the second half of the game.

Dahoss9698
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I like Green Bay and the Jets to win outright. I think New Orleans wins, but does not cover and Baltimore puts a bad beating on the most overrated team in the playoffs, the KC Chiefs.

horses4courses
01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Here's a guide on odds to win it all:

Patriots 9-5

Steelers 11-2

Falcons 6

Saints 10

Eagles 11

Packers 12

Bears 12

Colts 15

Ravens 15

Jets 25

Chiefs 40

Seahawks 100

Good luck!

newtothegame
01-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I havent looked at too many spreads as of yet....But these are the matchups!
New Orleans at Seattle.....
New Olreans beat them pretty good in the regular season. Although the game was in new orleans, I look for another win from the Saints. Coach Payton said there would be no scoreboard watching this past week, but being in the dome, I can tell you there was ALOT of watching. As Atlanta ran it up on Carolina, the saints appeared to become uninterested in the bucs game.
Rest assured the saints will be in the right frame of mind on the road.
Seattle has had trouble running the ball. Teams that hope to be able to play against New Orleans HAVE GOT TO BE ABLE TO RUN.
I see this one as at least ten points...
Saints 34-10

Green Bay at Philly....
Philly has had two poor performances in their last two. Normally teams coming in to the playoffs, that are on losing streaks...dont perform well. Green bay on the other hand is flying high. With what might be one of the most potent offenses in the league passing, look for them to pass early and often.
Green Bay's defense is also playing top notch at the moment. They will be after Vick all afternoon. Philly will struggle to run againt GB and I am not sure if Vick can be as accurate as he will need to be.
Green Bay will win a close one.....
Green Bay 24-20

Baltimore at K.C....
K.C's offense is very dependent on their running game. This pits them against one of the best run defenses in the league. Look for Ray to make his impact felt in this game. I don't think Cassell can win this with his arm. Not too mention, Bowe being the only real threat will make this one even more difficult.
Flacco has managed games well and late, will look to Rice to put this one away.
Baltimore 20-7

Jets at Colts....
What more needs to be said then Manning once again has his colts looking good heading into the playoffs. This team has overcome alot of injuries at alot of positions. Need to have Brown have a decent game to keep the Jets honest. Rex Ryan knows that Manning is the key...but so have many other teams. Yet, the leadership on the colts finds ways to win.
The jets on the other hand, have looked good at times and looked just as bad at others. Last year, sanchez brought his team into the playoffs and held his own. This year, injuries will hamper another effort like last year. The running game has struggled as of late and I dont see sanchez going into Indy and getting into a passing duel with manning.
Colts 34-20

pandy
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Bill Belichick has to be the best coach of any sport ever. The Patriots draft players in the second and third rounds, never have a superstar and always win, it's amazing. I know many people give the credit to Brady, but that's nonsense. I heard this week that Matt Cassel was 9-1 when he filled in for Brady, and Drew Bledsoe never really had a chance to play for him but won a playoff game in 2001.

pandy
01-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Seattle isn't that good but they are dramatically tougher to beat at home so they may keep it close. I think the Jets are better than the Colts right now, they have a much better defense, and less injuries. If the qb's were reverse, the Jets had Manning, they would crush the colts. But I still think the Jets will win.

Dahoss9698
01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Jets at Colts....
The jets on the other hand, have looked good at times and looked just as bad at others. Last year, sanchez brought his team into the playoffs and held his own. This year, injuries will hamper another effort like last year. The running game has struggled as of late and I dont see sanchez going into Indy and getting into a passing duel with manning.

I don't really agree the running game has struggled as of late.

Week 17: 276 yards rushing

Week 16: 124 yards rushing against the Bears, who are the 2nd best defense in the NFL vs the rush, giving up just 90.1 yards per game.

Week 15: 106 yards rushing against the Steelers, who are the top defense in the NFL vs. the rush, giving up just 62.8 yards a game.

pandy
01-03-2011, 08:25 PM
The Jets have an excellent offensive line and should be able to run against the Colts.

lamboguy
01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
why doesn't the owner of the patriots get the credit, he hired the general manager and the coach to start out with. the kraft family has a dynasty with that team

newtothegame
01-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, the patriots are the 800 lb gorilla in the room. All things being equaul, they are deserving of their odds to win it all. But, with that being said, lets get there first. Injusries and many things can happen.

As for seattle, if they had anything going for them, I might agree. But a lackluster running game, injuries at QB, a not so great running game......
I just don't see how they can manage more then a half staying close. Although, stranger things have happened. Especially in games involving New Orleans. Teams they should win against, they tend to struggle. Teams they shouldnt beat, they look like world champs. Most teams play much better at home...NOT new orleans. They tend to play alot better on the road.
Almost an "us against the world" mentallity.

PhantomOnTour
01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Saints should win this week in Seattle, but I think they go down next week. The Seahawks just won't put up enough points to beat New Orleans.

Rookies
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
i am guessing that the new england patriots are the best football team i have seen since the afl merged with the nfl. i am going to fly out to vegas and bet them minus the points for the first 2 games parlaying the money. if they are in the superbowl i will go back to vegas and bet them in the second half of the game.

Why do you want to fly to Vegas (other than the obvious good time)?

There are many Internet sites for action.

I do like the Patriots tho' and think they'll match against either Falcons or Saints in the SB. All the rest are suspect.

Round 1:
N.O. LARGE
Philly by 7
Baltimore by 10
Colts by 7

Robert Fischer
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm sticking with my week 13 final predictions:

1. Green Bay = Super Bowl Winner
2. New England = SB "loser"
3. Pittsburgh = Lost to New England
4. New Orleans = Lost to Green Bay
5. Indianapolis = Dangerous and & Vulnerable...

no too sure about New Orleans... they could go "either way". (I'll actually be very interested in who starts for Seattle at QB. If Whitehurst starts - expect a surprisingly good, extended edition, of the scripted first drive that Bates and Carrol designed to open vs. the Rams, but still...)First Half Prop?

Haven't seen the odds yet at all, and don't feel like breaking down the playoff tree yet, but if the Bears play a well-coached slight-underdog they will be extremely vulnerable. Shanahan ran a clinic of how to attack his old friend Cutler when his redskins faced DaBears in week 7.

Belichick is clearly the MVP this season(and it's an all-time NFL effort if he can run the table)- New England is the deserving favorite.

Robert Fischer
01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
If the qb's were reverse, the Jets had Manning, they would crush the colts. But I still think the Jets will win.

If Ryan had Manning they would be a top 3 team and SB winner if Ryan made the correct calls. If they had a franchise QB they would be in the SB "conversation".

redshift1
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
New England looks overwhelming but everything is going their way. Let's see if they can handle some bad breaks and still win.

pandy
01-04-2011, 12:38 AM
The key to beating New England is pressuring Brady, so teams with a strong pass rush, like Indianapolis, Saints, even the Bears, have a shot to beat them. I would think the Saints would match up best because they can pressure the QB and win a shoot out if necessary.

newtothegame
01-04-2011, 12:46 AM
The key to beating New England is pressuring Brady, so teams with a strong pass rush, like Indianapolis, Saints, even the Bears, have a shot to beat them. I would think the Saints would match up best because they can pressure the QB and win a shoot out if necessary.

Yeah I agree Pandy.....
IF, and thats a big IF, the Saints and Pats meet in Dallas, I like the saints chances. The pats blowouts were against teams that are not built to be able to come back from deficits. (Dolphins, chicago, jets,) . Teams that can score with them faired well (even in losses), such as GB and Indy. The secondary of the pats is suspect and can be scored upon. Most teams seemed to panick once the fell behind early and wound up causing costly mistakes which compounded the problems. Last year, the Saints exposed the pats in the Dome. I believe the saints matchup well against the pats.....
Question is, can both teams get there !

Stillriledup
01-04-2011, 06:33 AM

The Key to having a chance to beat New England....is actually showing up. Pats win SO many games because the other team just isnt interested. Why was Miami not interested in 'trying' in the final week? Why were the Jets not interested when they went to New England? Buffalo totally rolled over. I'm not saying Buffalo or Miami were supposed to actually win, but they didnt even compete.

I'm not sure what it is, but teams roll over for these Pats way too often. I'm not saying the Pats aren't really good, but they seem to actually have been vulnerable when they play a team who cares about winning.

Stillriledup
01-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Everyone in the entire free world is picking New Orleans to win the game and probably destroy the Seahawks. The Hawks are getting TEN and a half points. That's just too many. The Hawks are good at home and they will be incredibly inspired, i mean, lets face it, if the entire world tells you that you stink and 'dont belong' the chip on your shoulder has got to me mighty big.

If i was on Seattle i'd be preparing to play the game of my life to shut up all the people who said i was trash.

At the same time, is New Orleans going to really take Seattle seriously?

No.

They're probably going to win, but that spread is awful large. That's a lot of points to give a home team in a playoff game, especially a team who does have some sort of home field edge.

lamboguy
01-04-2011, 08:13 AM
the more pressure they put on brady, the more the team will lose by. new england has a solid offensive line and brady will pick apart any team trying to pass rush him. i saw the same thing when denver played the cowboys in the super bowl years ago. any team that has to rely on a blitz usually gets burried in playoff football.

strapper
01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I hope you're right about the Saints this week. For some reason I had wanted them to play St Louis. Remember last year the Saints lost their final three so don't count them out for another championship run all the way to Dallas.

Valuist
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM

That statement is absolutely ridiculous. I can name a number of teams: the Steelers of the 70s, the 1972 Dolphins,the 49er teams of the 80s, the 1985 Bears, the 1986 Giants, the Dallas teams of the early-mid 90s, the Packers of 1996, the San Fran team in the mid 90s that was favored in the SB by 16, the Rams of 1999, the Ravens of 2000, the Pats of 2003-2004 and 2007.

The Pats clearly look like the team to beat and may cover those wagers but this team isn't better than the teams I mentioned, including the 2007 edition.

lamboguy
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
That statement is absolutely ridiculous. I can name a number of teams: the Steelers of the 70s, the 1972 Dolphins,the 49er teams of the 80s, the 1985 Bears, the 1986 Giants, the Dallas teams of the early-mid 90s, the Packers of 1996, the San Fran team in the mid 90s that was favored in the SB by 16, the Rams of 1999, the Ravens of 2000, the Pats of 2003-2004 and 2007.

The Pats clearly look like the team to beat and may cover those wagers but this team isn't better than the teams I mentioned, including the 2007 edition.fist of all, my statement is no worse or better than yours, its just an opinion. if we were right all the time or most of the time we would have bought an island already in the carribean and we would be drinking pina colada's all day long, and martini on the rocks at night. i don't remeber the 49'rs blitzing either the chargers or the bengals in their superbowls. the redskins hardly blitzed marino, a guy that was a pocket passer and he had his worst game ever as a pro. the only team's that sent their linebackers that you mentioned was the bears and ravens

PhantomOnTour
01-04-2011, 02:57 PM
In my humblest opinion the best team ever was the 18-1 SF 49ers from the 89-90 season or maybe the year after. They won the Super Bowl and are the only team to be ranked #1 in offense and defense for the year.

lamboguy
01-04-2011, 03:14 PM
In my humblest opinion the best team ever was the 18-1 SF 49ers from the 89-90 season or maybe the year after. They won the Super Bowl and are the only team to be ranked #1 in offense and defense for the year.
they were pretty good in book too!

the reason why i like new england so much is that they have a real good offensive line, their runners look fast and strong too! and not only that, when someone gets hurt they got another guy right behind him to step up and perform.

Robert Goren
01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I think there two things that are apparent

1. New England is the best team as long as Brady is healthy.
2. The Packers are like the Cowboys last year. They look good on paper, but are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

slew101
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
There's usually one upset, so I'm taking Kansas City +3 over Baltimore.

The media will have a field day with Weis and Crennel facing Belichick the following week.

But I also liked NE over Baltimore last year in the opening round. :bang:

Dahoss9698
01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I think there two things that are apparent

1. New England is the best team as long as Brady is healthy.
2. The Packers are like the Cowboys last year. They look good on paper, but are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

Could you please explain how the Packers are phony? Thanks.

Robert Goren
01-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Could you please explain how the Packers are phony? Thanks.I can't explain it. It is something I get a feeling about when I watch them. They might get passed a beat up Eagles team this week although I doubt it. I have had the same feeling about the Cowboys in past years. If the Eagles defense was healthy, I would really like them to get the Super Bowl. They may anyway.

newtothegame
01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with dahoss here........
Packers phony???
They might be the best offense in the NFL right now. Their defense is definitely improved over last year. They are the one team that is scariest to me. A Rodgers has ALL of the skills. All of the throws, and definitely alot of weapons on offense. Their sole problem might be a lack of a true running game. But, this team almost has a "I dont care attitiude" and will drop back and throw it 50 times a game if necessary...
They are far from PHONY!

Dahoss9698
01-04-2011, 10:11 PM
I can't explain it. It is something I get a feeling about when I watch them. They might get passed a beat up Eagles team this week although I doubt it. I have had the same feeling about the Cowboys in past years. If the Eagles defense was healthy, I would really like them to get the Super Bowl. They may anyway.

I get a feeling the Packers are going to the Super Bowl. The Eagles haven't played well in weeks. It's going to take a lot of Vick magic to get them past a hungry packers team IMO.

lamboguy
01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with dahoss here........
Packers phony???
They might be the best offense in the NFL right now. Their defense is definitely improved over last year. They are the one team that is scariest to me. A Rodgers has ALL of the skills. All of the throws, and definitely alot of weapons on offense. Their sole problem might be a lack of a true running game. But, this team almost has a "I dont care attitiude" and will drop back and throw it 50 times a game if necessary...
They are far from PHONY!they might actually have a better offense than new england. it wouldn't shock me to see them in dallas

newtothegame
01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
LOL ok guys...lets not get carried away with "dallas" talk and the packers. lol.
You all know I am a Saints fan lol.
Seriously though, as I have mentioned, the packers are the one team in the NFC I want to see...(as that would mean the NFC championship is here in New Orleans), and the one team I don't want to see lol.
But yes, they are more then capable of getting there!!

headhawg
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
2. The Packers are like the Cowboys last year. They look good on paper, but are as phony as a 3 dollar bill.I guess the fact that they have 14 players on IR makes them phony. :rolleyes: Now the Cowboys and the Vikes, they were the real pretenders this year.

I picked the Packers and the Pats to make the SB this year. NE looks real good (but no team is unbeatable). The Pack has too many players hurt so I don't think that they will make it to the Super Bowl. The loss of Ryan Grant really screwed up their running game. That said, anything is possible in the NFC. Even the beloved Bears could make it, especially because Lovie has that giant horseshoe up his arse...

Robert Fischer
01-05-2011, 07:03 AM
I get a feeling the Packers are going to the Super Bowl. The Eagles haven't played well in weeks. It's going to take a lot of Vick magic to get them past a hungry packers team IMO.

I like them as well. (uh oh ;)) In week 13 people were telling me that even the playoffs were a stretch.

Their offense/coaching is smart enough, and I can't get over how smooth Rodgers is. He's confident and nonchalant under pressure. He comes back from plays smiling. Haven't seen quite like that since "Mon City Joe". He isn't as good, and either is this team, but they are are strong underdog here. Matthews can be game changing with the defense.

lamboguy
01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
anyone playing new england in the playoffs this year simply don't have the weapons to beat them, its like showing up to a gun fight with a knife

pandy
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Seahawks +10.5 vs Saints--We know the Saints are a much better team but Seattle is a different team at home with their 12th man, the loud fans, and may cover, especially considering that the Saints play their best in a dome.

Jets + 2.5 vs Colts. Best Bet. Colts have key injuries on offense. Jets have more balance, a much better defense, more speed, and strong special teams. Manning of course is the great equalizer but in the playoffs defense often rules.

Ravens -3 vs Chiefs. Ravens played a much tougher schedule and have the better defense.

Packers + 2.5 vs Eagles. Vick has been sensational but Rogers is one heck of a quarterback, too. The Eagles have a ton of speed on offense but the Packers can score with anyone, they also have terrific receivers, and they have the better defense. Eagles secondary isn't that strong. The Packers defense is ranked number 2 in total points given up, Eagles are ranked 21.

cj's dad
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
anyone playing new england in the playoffs this year simply don't have the weapons to beat them, its like showing up to a gun fight with a knife

NE 23 Ravens 20 in OT (week 6, I believe). Ravens can hang with the Pats.

remember last year in NE ??

Pats D is still suspect IMO.

Valuist
01-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I can't explain it. It is something I get a feeling about when I watch them. They might get passed a beat up Eagles team this week although I doubt it. I have had the same feeling about the Cowboys in past years. If the Eagles defense was healthy, I would really like them to get the Super Bowl. They may anyway.

To win the Super Bowl you'd better have a good defense and the Eagles don't.

ponyplayerdotca
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about the Green Bay Packers this year.

They lost 6 games this year: at CHI, at WASH, MIA, at ATL, at DET, at NE.

Five of those 6 came on the road.

Are they better than my Bears? Yes. I agree with that (even though they both beat each other once in close games). Please, no BEARS bashing - I don't know how they got to 11-5 or a number 2 seed either!

But if all of you out there expect the Packers to win IN Philadelphia, IN Atlanta, and then IN Chicago or New Orleans, and THEN at the SBXLV IN Dallas over New England (or the team that beats New England), then you are living in a dream world.

If their offense has a game like they did AT HOME against Chicago last weekend, they have no chance. Rodgers is good, but the blueprint on how to beat them is out there and readily available to all other teams.

If you can get odds in Vegas on that kind of 4-game road trip journey, go for it. But simply DON'T expect it to happen. Just my two cents.

Valuist
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I am not a Packer fan but it is NOT impossible for a wildcard team to win the Super Bowl.

The 2000 Ravens did it. So did the 2005 Steelers.

Is there anyone in the NFC who really scares teams? Maybe the Saints, who won it all last year but have struggled to run the ball this year due to injuries. Atlanta has been very tough, especially at home but NO showed they could be had. Chicago lost at home to Seattle and Washington, and Philly was beaten by the Bears in a manner easier than the final score indicated. Seattle scares nobody except their own fans.

xfile
01-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Baltimore Ravens -3.0 At Kansas City Chiefs Sunday January 09, 2011 1:00 PM ET
Selection: Kansas City Chiefs ATS

At Indianapolis Colts -2.5 New York Jets Saturday January 08, 2011 8:05 PM ET
Selection: New York Jets ATS

Rookies
01-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm in 2 Pools where you must pick all teams ATS + be closest to the Total Score.

+ 15 for the Winner -1 for every point off the final total.

Week 1 Wild Cards, mine are:

NO 48, Indy 46,Balt 45, Philly 48

GLTA tomorrow.:ThmbUp:

lamboguy
01-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Seahawks +10.5 vs Saints--We know the Saints are a much better team but Seattle is a different team at home with their 12th man, the loud fans, and may cover, especially considering that the Saints play their best in a dome.

Jets + 2.5 vs Colts. Best Bet. Colts have key injuries on offense. Jets have more balance, a much better defense, more speed, and strong special teams. Manning of course is the great equalizer but in the playoffs defense often rules.

Ravens -3 vs Chiefs. Ravens played a much tougher schedule and have the better defense.

Packers + 2.5 vs Eagles. Vick has been sensational but Rogers is one heck of a quarterback, too. The Eagles have a ton of speed on offense but the Packers can score with anyone, they also have terrific receivers, and they have the better defense. Eagles secondary isn't that strong. The Packers defense is ranked number 2 in total points given up, Eagles are ranked 21.
i like your jets pick alot, i am not betting them, if they win, they play new england and should be able to hang with them for most of the first half.

NJ Stinks
01-08-2011, 12:38 AM
You can take this to bank or not. :) I'm watching the local news tonight and a weather guy in Philly (Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz) comes on. Now Hurricane has been around for years and I've never heard him say anything that would remotely indicate that he's an big Eagle backer or a bettor. Anyway, Hurricane is talking about the weather this coming Sunday in Philly. He says the wind will be blowing around 33 miles an hour around game time and adds that it might make it hard to pass and kick on Sunday.

Hence, I'm leaping on under 46.5.

Here's Hurricane at work back in December before the Eagle-Vikings game got postponed from Sunday night until Tuesday night. How can you not trust this man? ;)

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/weather/stories/EarthWatch_Forecast__Hurricane_s_Calling_for_10_to _20_Inches_Philadelphia-112454779.html

Marshall Bennett
01-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Seahawks (+10)

Jets (+2.5)

PhantomOnTour
01-08-2011, 11:55 AM
To borrow a quote, that Saints-Seahawks line "is too damn high!"

ponyplayerdotca
01-08-2011, 12:21 PM
N.O. at SEA. (N.O. by 10) SEA. +10

Too many points to give away to a home team. Seattle won two games against pass-happy teams this year: vs. S.D., at CHI. Both those teams don't run alot and the Hawks clipped'em. With no Ivory or Thomas, Brees will be forced into a pass-happy game. That gives the Seahawks a chance. Bad weather, home field, and ten points - gotta take'em. Not so sure the Saints can overcome all of that and win game either.

NYJ. at IND. (IND. by 2 1/2) IND. - 2 1/2

The Jets will need to score 24-28 points minimum to have a chance to win this game. The Colts can do it almost every game. I'm not so sure about the Jets. They will need to win the turnover battle, and have the defense or special teams set up one or two scores too. Colts are nowhere near as good as last year, but Manning is the key (as always). Not a lot of points to give, and the Colts are tough at home on any given day. In a close match like this, give me the better QB every time.

BALT. at K.C. (BALT. by 3) BALT. -3

The Chiefs played a 3rd or 4th place schedule. Of the 5 other AFC playoff teams, they only played one, and they lost at IND. 19-9. In contrast, the Ravens have played at N.E. (OT loss), PIT. twice (split), at NYJ. (won). They also have two years of recent playoff experience with their coach, QB, team in general ('08 season: won at TENN, lost at PIT; '09 season: won at N.E., lost at IND.). Flacco and Rice can perform on the road in hostile environments, and Harbaugh usually game plans well for these games. K.C. has the home field, and if they can score early and get "big MO" going for them, they could easily win this game. But with the Weis announcement, flu bug shooting through the team, and uncertainty about Haley head coaching in his first playoff game, I'll take the more experienced playoff team here.

G.B. at PHIL. (PHIL. by 3) G.B. + 3

This game is a true "pick'em" in my estimation. Both teams on their best day can beat any team in the league. Conversely, both teams on their worst day look disorganized and vulnerable. Weather and wind will play a part we are being told, and that may mean running the ball is paramount (advantage Eagles). But, from a gambling perspective only, if you believe the game to be a true "pick'em", take the points. So, take the Packers, but don't go crazy if you are wagering for real.

Robert Fischer
01-08-2011, 12:57 PM
BALT. -3

G.B. + 3

cj's dad
01-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Seattle +10
Jets +2
Ravens -3
G.B. +2.5

paying at 12-1

slew101
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Indy -2
KC +3
GB +3

Robert Goren
01-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Jets +2 The Colts can't stop the run. Very small wager
Saints -10 The Seahawks are just plain bad.
Ravens -3 The Chiefs are bang up a bit.
Eagles -3 I really like the Eagles because I think the Pack is way over rated and the Eagles with Vick are really good. But I will save back a little cash to bet next week in case I am wrong.
3 road teams and 2 of them are favored. What am I thinking.

NJ Stinks
01-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, that's not going to help my Super Bowl pool.

lamboguy
01-08-2011, 09:26 PM
i watched the seehawk game, and it is now halftime in indianapolis. none of these teams impressed me at all.

my guess is that the teams that have the by week are going to destroy all these guys that are playing in this first round.

ponyplayerdotca
01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
The top seed in the NFC, Atlanta, could only score one offensive TD at home versus New Orleans two weeks ago, and Seattle today scored five.

How good are the Falcons now?

How good are the Saints? One and done. But to listen to all the pundits on ESPN, NFL Network, etc., the Saints were worlds ahead of the Seahawks in every way pre-game.

And the Bears could host the Seahawks (if G.B. beats PHIL. tomorrow), and Seattle has already won in Chicago this season.

All of a sudden the NFC doesn't look so cut and dry.

Colts only lead 7-0 at halftime too. Not sure either AFC team tonight will go far, but that's why they play the games.

Bettowin
01-08-2011, 11:22 PM
I was right on with the New Orleans game thinking they would score in the mid 30's but no way did I see the Seafrogs scoring over 40. Ugggghhh.

The game I am 100% confident on tomorrow is Baltimore holding KC under 20 and covering the spread.

With that said, the Ravens will probably hold KC to 17 and win 19-17:(

Going with the Ravens to cover anyway on the biggest bet of the week. Then taking those winning on Auburn to cover.

BetHorses!
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
NE 23 Ravens 20 in OT (week 6, I believe). Ravens can hang with the Pats.

remember last year in NE ??

Pats D is still suspect IMO.

They play NE tough, even back in 2007 when NE was undefeated the Ravens let one get away...Monday night game i think

lamboguy
01-09-2011, 07:15 AM
lay the 9 points with new england for jan. 16 before it moves up

pandy
01-09-2011, 07:45 AM
The Jets were my Best Bet this weekend and covered but being a Jets fan, it's frustrating knowing that if they had a better QB they would probably be the Super Bowl winner. Sanchez played terrible yesterday, amazing that they still won, the offensive line was unbelievable and the defensive secondary great, but against New England Sanchez will have to hit his passes. Yesterday he missed several wide open receivers and was wild high all day.

lamboguy
01-09-2011, 08:04 AM
the jets certainly brought a top notch defense to the field yesterday. they looked prepared for whatever the colts threw at them. doing that against new england will be another story though. they could be on the field and awfully long time on jan. 16 because the quarterback for the jets looks very suspect to me in keeping the offense on the field. even if the quarterback cuts back the amount of mistakes in half next week, i don't think that will be enough to win. he has to almost go perfect to remain close to new england.

judd
01-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Seahawks (+10)

Jets (+2.5)
nice work marshall, well done :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Oh when the Saints, go marching home....oh when the Saints go marrrrching home!

Marshall Bennett
01-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Chiefs (+3)

Eagles (-2.5)

newtothegame
01-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Oh when the Saints, go marching home....oh when the Saints go marrrrching home!

True...boy, I didnt see that coming...where was ANY defense from NO yesterday???
Back to the drawing board :bang:

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
True...boy, I didnt see that coming...where was ANY defense from NO yesterday???
Back to the drawing board :bang:
Yeah it wasn't meant to be a cheap shot or anything so thanks for not taking offense :ThmbUp:
Injuries injuries injuries....I know they are part of the game, but when your RB corps is that badly decimated it's tough to get the job done.

Saints Fans:
This hangover season is over and you will see a serious business-like approach from your Saints next season. It may sound like boo-hoo loser talk, but you've had a decent season. This team never showed the total package ass kickin' football they showed last year and they still won 11 games. I know Saints fans love their team and hoot and holler and celebrate every good play (even in week 2 or 3)...I think that will be tempered a bit next year as fans will take a more big picture view of the team. "Who cares about some flashy run in week 2 to win the game...are we playing well as a team?"

...and that's the reason I see Philly losing today. That Desean Jackson play vs the Giants was fantabulous and super-sexy and all that, but the Eagles aren't playing well as a team. Getting that far behind a non playoff team like NY is cause for concern if I'm an Eagles fan.

Whew...diatribe is over.

bks
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
congrats, dad, on the Ravens' win. Businesslike in the second half, like you'd expect.

ldiatone
01-09-2011, 04:50 PM
The Ravens are coming to PITTSBURGH and HEINZ FIELD again!??? oh brother, best outta three again!! :rolleyes:

ponyplayerdotca
01-09-2011, 05:32 PM
It's into the 2nd quarter now and Buck and Aikman have done nothing but talked about the Packers and how they operate and how their front office has overcome so much and how much they like Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers.
Buck has even gone so far to say "now that the Packers have found a running game with this rookie Starks, how will that serve them, not only today, but later on in the playoffs..."
It's only 7-0 guys. Jeeze, is there only one team playing tonight?
Just call the GAME, and not have this be nothing but a Green Bay infomercial.

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
The Ravens are coming to PITTSBURGH and HEINZ FIELD again!??? oh brother, best outta three again!! :rolleyes:
The rubber match...here we go again,
War next Saturday in Pittsburgh starting at 4:30 eastern time.

cj
01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
It's into the 2nd quarter now and Buck and Aikman have done nothing but talked about the Packers and how they operate and how their front office has overcome so much and how much they like Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers.
Buck has even gone so far to say "now that the Packers have found a running game with this rookie Starks, how will that serve them, not only today, but later on in the playoffs..."
It's only 7-0 guys. Jeeze, is there only one team playing tonight?
Just call the GAME, and not have this be nothing but a Green Bay infomercial.

Turns out they were pretty insightful after all.

cj's dad
01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
The rubber match...here we go again,
War next Saturday in Pittsburgh starting at 4:30 eastern time.

Be careful what you wish for !!

cj
01-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Seattle +10
Jets +2
Ravens -3
G.B. +2.5

paying at 12-1

Nice, feel free to pay for your PaceFigures subcription now!

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Be careful what you wish for !!
Beleive me, I was pulling for the Chiefs today and would rather be playing them.

Cardus
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Chiefs (+3)

Eagles (-2.5)

And taketh away.

Good hits on Saturday's games, though.

slew101
01-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Well done.

Packers saved me from an 0-3 weekend.

Seattle +10
Jets +2
Ravens -3
G.B. +2.5

paying at 12-1

pandy
01-09-2011, 11:28 PM

I swept them, pretty good analysis if I must say myself, but next week's games will be tougher to handicap.

Dahoss9698
01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I swept them also...just throwing it out there.

Robert Fischer
01-09-2011, 11:43 PM
BALT. -3

G.B. + 3

pow,pow

2-0wk,6-0yr

pandy
01-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I swept them, pretty good analysis if I must say myself, but next week's games will be tougher to handicap.

One thing that was consistent, in 3 of the 4 playoff games this week the team that obviously had the better defense, Ravens, Packers, Jets, all won and covered.

Bettowin
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I was right on with the New Orleans game thinking they would score in the mid 30's but no way did I see the Seafrogs scoring over 40. Ugggghhh.

The game I am 100% confident on tomorrow is Baltimore holding KC under 20 and covering the spread.

With that said, the Ravens will probably hold KC to 17 and win 19-17:(

Going with the Ravens to cover anyway on the biggest bet of the week. Then taking those winning on Auburn to cover.

Rolling the Raven's winnings all over to Auburn to cover the spread:)

NJ Stinks
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM

That was great handicapping, Pandy. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I'm not sure next weekend's games will be tougher to handicap than last Saturday's but then I wouldn't want to bet a whole lot on who covers in the Steeler-Raven game next week either.

pandy
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks. Looking at next week's opening lines, I'm inclined to go with the favorites but I don't feel anywhere near as confident as I did last week.

Marshall Bennett
01-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Patting yourself on the back publically always seems to come back to haunt. Best to let others do it to you.
Nice job none-the-less.

BetHorses!
01-10-2011, 06:00 PM

:lol: :lol: classic!

cj's dad
01-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

:lol: :lol: classic!

Chances are slim and none and Slim left town !!

cj's dad
01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Two bets made:

Bet #1 is a fun bet - just hoping for 4 upsets @ odds of 100/1

1) BET ID=340...... Parlay (4 Teams) 01/14/11 10:47 ET bet 10.00 to win 1,008.71 Result: Pending Jets(NewYork)
Patriots(NewEngland) 01/16/11(16:35 ET)
Jets(NewYork) +320 Packers(GreenBay)
Falcons(Atlanta) 01/15/11(20:05 ET)
Packers(GreenBay) +120 Ravens(Baltimore)
Steelers(Pittsburgh) 01/15/11(16:35 ET)
Ravens(Baltimore) +145 Seahawks(Seattle)
Bears(Chicago) 01/16/11(13:05 ET)
Seahawks(Seattle) +350
This is my serious wager

2) BET ID=340........ Parlay (4 Teams) 01/14/11 10:41 ET bet 10.00 to win 186.74 Result: Pending Jets(NewYork)
Patriots(NewEngland) 01/16/11(16:35 ET)
Patriots(NewEngland) -9 (-105) Packers(GreenBay)
Falcons(Atlanta) 01/15/11(20:05 ET)
Packers(GreenBay) +120 Ravens(Baltimore)
Steelers(Pittsburgh) 01/15/11(16:35 ET)
Ravens(Baltimore) +145 Seahawks(Seattle)
Bears(Chicago) 01/16/11(13:05 ET)
Seahawks(Seattle) +10 (-115)

lamboguy
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
My view

NEW ENGLAND, NEW ENGLAND, NEW ENGLAND

quarter final, semifinal, SUPERBOWL

don't be chicken, LAY THE POINTS

god hates a coward!

Robert Fischer
01-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Greenbay +3

pandy
01-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't like the games as much this week, for betting purposes, but my Best Bet is Chicago -10 over Seattle.

I know that the Seahawks beat the Bears in Chicago this year but that was in warmer weather and earlier in the year. The Bears have been strong since the bye and they are better offensively and defensively. The Seahawks are not nearly as good on the road as they are at home.

Dahoss9698
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I like all the dogs this weekend. I think the Jets, Packers and Ravens are going to win outright and the Seahawks are going to keep it close. But I agree with the sentiment that this weekend is much, much tougher than last weekend.

Robert Fischer
01-14-2011, 06:17 PM
carroll and bates have proven to be NFL adaptive.
Carroll is the Seahawks MVP(not unlike most coaches).

However the key here will be how well Carroll and DC Casey can mimick Shanahan's aggressive style and the type of looks from when Washington played Chicago this year.
It could be the best betting game of the year, but it could also be a case of the Hawks defensive coaching being less dynamic than the Skins d-coaching staff. This will be Casey's "final exam". I really don't know enough about Seattle's defensive coaching to make the call.
And that's the scenario...

pandy
01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I like Carroll, it's good to a see a coach who treats his players with respect and isn't a scumbag.

Rookies
01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
NE covers easily and the Total is over
Balt wins by a TD and thew total is over
GB wins a close one and the Total is over
Chi wins easily and the Total is over

lamboguy
01-14-2011, 09:44 PM
I like Carroll, it's good to a see a coach who treats his players with respect and isn't a scumbag.he is truly a classy guy. i hope he wins sunday.

Marshall Bennett
01-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Falcons (-2.5)

Steelers (-3)

Seahawks (+10)

Jets (+8.5)

xfile
01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
At Pittsburgh Steelers -3.0 Baltimore Ravens Saturday January 15, 2011 4:30 PM ET
Selection: Pittsburgh Steelers ATS

At Atlanta Falcons -1.5 Green Bay Packers Saturday January 15, 2011 8:00 PM ET
Selection: Atlanta Falcons ATS

At Chicago Bears -10.0 Seattle Seahawks Sunday January 16, 2011 1:00 PM ET
Selection: Chicago Bears ATS

At New England Patriots -9.0 New York Jets Sunday January 16, 2011 4:30 PM ET

slew101
01-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Line is falling fast on GB-Atlanta. I think Pack could be favored by kickoff. Down to Atlanta -1 in most places right now.

Pitt -3
Atlanta -1

Zippy Chippy
01-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Anyone have a link to watch online?

At work. Went to channelsurfing.net, but the ads were half naked girls.

Valuist
01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Pitt -3
Green Bay +1
NY Jets +8 1/2
Seattle +10

51-46-2 YTD

Zydeco
01-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Zippy, try SportStream24.com channel 5

redshift1
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Jets appear overmatched so far.

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm a Jets fan and I'm sick of Sanchez. Enough. Can the Jets make a deal for Carson Palmer to resurect his career?

redshift1
01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Sanchez driving me crazy guy's like Jeckel & Hyde

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm 40 yrs old,been watching and playing football since I'm 9, and I can't recall any other quarteback just flat out missing this many open receivers.

pandy
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Jets fan here, and I agree, it's frustrating when you follow the Jets and know that they have as much talent as anyone and outstanding wide receivers, but now its 14-3, so let's hope Sanchez comes through in the 2nd half.

People will think I'm nuts but I like Alex Smith the 49ers QB, who will be a free agent and will definitely not be back in San Fran. He's 26 years old, has a strong arm, can throw on the run well, has the tools, but I think that the 49ers just don't have enough speed on offense and they have not been well coached either. A change in scenery could make a big difference. That being said, the Jets seem to be all-on on Sanchez.

redshift1
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Boy did this game flip

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Two weeks ago, I posted you'd have to be "living in a dream world" if you believed the Packers could go on the road 4 times and win the Super Bowl.

After seeing Saturday night's awesome performance, even I must concede now that they are the favorites to not only go into Chicago and beat my Bears next Sunday, but to win the Super Bowl.

It's utterly shocking to see how poorly both #1 seeds played after a week off this last 48 hours. I guess we're in for a week of STEELERS-PACKERS Super Bowl talk.

Can the Jets or Bears throw a wrench into FOX's big game plans? Wow.

More importantly, should the Packers be favored? Hello, Vegas?

lamboguy
01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
new england never showed up today. i was dead wrong

happy holiday

mountainman
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Jet fans must be thrilled. Steeler fans are even happier. Does anyone have the spread yet on the afc title game? Pittsburgh -5 would be my guess.

Relwob Owner
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Jet fans must be thrilled. Steeler fans are even happier. Does anyone have the spread yet on the afc title game? Pittsburgh -5 would be my guess.

Just read Pittsburgh by 3....I would have thought it would be a bit higher

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
from betcris.com (8:55pm ET Sun.):

G.B. at CHI. G.B. by 3 O/U 43 1/2

NYJ. at PIT. PIT. by 3 O/U 38

mountainman
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Just read Pittsburgh by 3....I would have thought it would be a bit higher

Me too. Tx pal.

mountainman
01-16-2011, 08:58 PM
from betcris.com (8:55pm ET Sun.):

G.B. at CHI. G.B. by 3 O/U 43 1/2

NYJ. at PIT. PIT. by 3 O/U 38

Tx man.

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Why so suprised? The Jets defeated the Steelers - in Pittsburgh - 5 weeks ago. No major injuries to report. What am I missing?

Stillriledup
01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Why so suprised? The Jets defeated the Steelers - in Pittsburgh - 5 weeks ago. No major injuries to report. What am I missing?

The Jets are BETTER now than they were 5 weeks ago. Five weeks ago, they were reeling and embarrassed and doubting themselves. Now, they're brimming with confidence and have a tremendous swagger. That's probably what you're missing.

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 09:51 PM
My point is Stillriledup others seem to think the spread should be higher than 3. How?

Look, I'm a lifelong Jet fan who could give a shit about point spreads. My point is I watched the Jets beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh with no excuses. Why should the spread be any more than Pitt -3?

Valuist
01-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Pitt -3
Green Bay +1
NY Jets +8 1/2
Seattle +10

51-46-2 YTD

3-1 on the weekend:

54-47-2 on the season

PhantomOnTour
01-16-2011, 09:56 PM
My point is Stillriledup others seem to think the spread should be higher than 3. How?

Look, I'm a lifelong Jet fan who could give a shit about point spreads. My point is I watched the Jets beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh with no excuses. Why should the spread be any more than Pitt -3?
Polamalu did not play, right?

pandy
01-16-2011, 10:05 PM
It's always great when Belichick loses, great coach but a creep. I've always said that Brady was overrated, he looked mortal today. Pittsburgh/Jets is a tough game to pick.

mountainman
01-16-2011, 10:10 PM

Do you sincerely like the jet's chances to beat the steelers in pittsburgh for a second time this season?

cj
01-16-2011, 10:11 PM
It's always great when Belichick loses, great coach but a creep. I've always said that Brady was overrated, he looked mortal today. Pittsburgh/Jets is a tough game to pick.

I'm not sure you can blame Brady. He has no real running back, no speed at receiver, and on top of that the guys he had couldn't hold the football. The Jets played great and exposed the weaknesses of the Patriots. I hope lamboguy isn't stuck in Las Vegas trying to hitch a ride home!

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Polamalu did not play, right?

Did Palamalu play yesterday? Him and Ray Lewis were absent to class.

mountainman
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM

Belichik looked to be congratulating Ryan warmly in the immediate aftermath, while Brady made a hasty exit.

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Do you sincerely like the jet's chances to beat the steelers in pittsburgh for a second time this season?

Dude, I'm a Jet fan so I'm biased. However, no one gave the Jets a shot against the Pats so I welcome opinions such as yours with no shot against the Steelers.

Valuist
01-16-2011, 10:18 PM

Because its just one game. You can't put too much emphasis on one matchup. Look at how bad the Jets got beat by New England last month and they turn the tables today.

I would've expected Pitt minus 4. Since 4 is one of the key numbers, I didn't think it would see -4 1/2.

The Jets had a big shot against the Patriots because they had the better defense and better running game. They may have a better running game than Pittsburgh (slight) but I don't believe their defense is better. And Pitt has a definite edge at quarterback.

mountainman
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure you can blame Brady. He has no real running back, no speed at receiver, and on top of that the guys he had couldn't hold the football. The Jets played great and exposed the weaknesses of the Patriots. I hope lamboguy isn't stuck in Las Vegas trying to hitch a ride home!

One of the commentators remarked post-game that Brady had not displayed the necessary "sense of urgency" with the pats well behind. I agree. There were instances when he probably should have risked interception and hoped that his receiver made a play. Instead of advancing the ball, his top priority even as time grew short seemed to be avoiding the pickoff. It's almost as if he went down without a fight.

mountainman
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Dude, I'm a Jet fan so I'm biased. However, no one gave the Jets a shot against the Pats so I welcome opinions such as yours with no shot against the Steelers.

lol-well said. i'm a devout steeler fan and extremely biased as well. but objectively, how much do you like their chances?

cj
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
One of the commentators remarked post-game that Brady had not displayed the necessary "sense of urgency" with the pats well behind. I agree. There were instances when he probably should have risked interception and hoped that his receiver made a play. Instead of advancing the ball, his top priority even as time grew short seemed to be avoiding the pickoff. It's almost as if he went down without a fight.

I find it extremely hard to believe Brady was worried about his stats in a post season game. That is a Stretch Armstrong type reach by the commentator.

pandy
01-16-2011, 10:48 PM
The 7 minute drive the Pats had in the 4th quarter was really odd. They had scored in their prior possession, the Jets came back to score so they were down 10 points with 12 minutes to go and they started to run the ball and kill the clock. The Jets got the ball back with less than 5 minutes to go. They really helped the Jets on that drive.

mountainman
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I find it extremely hard to believe Brady was worried about his stats in a post season game. That is a Stretch Armstrong type reach by the commentator.

I think that a guy who throws so few picks just isn't hard-wired to take extreme risks-even when they are his team's only chance.

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Because its just one game. You can't put too much emphasis on one matchup. Look at how bad the Jets got beat by New England last month and they turn the tables today.

I would've expected Pitt minus 4. Since 4 is one of the key numbers, I didn't think it would see -4 1/2.

The Jets had a big shot against the Patriots because they had the better defense and better running game. They may have a better running game than Pittsburgh (slight) but I don't believe their defense is better. And Pitt has a definite edge at quarterback.

Huge debate as to who has the better defense (Palamalu,Farrior,and Harrison...are they on the active roster for the Steelers?). No arguement on quarterback

Dahoss9698
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
How about Mark "no upside" Sanchez? He missed a few throws early in the game. However, when it counted, he was right there with his passes and made plays. He's played in 5 playoff games now, all on the road and has a 4-1 record in those games. He might not be an elite QB, but he's pretty good and I think the previous thread that stated he has no upside is even funnier now.

I believe I said the Jets still had their best football ahead of them in that thread (6 weeks ago) and was told it was a poor opinion.

Apology accepted.

cj
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
How about Mark "no upside" Sanchez? He missed a few throws early in the game. However, when it counted, he was right there with his passes and made plays. He's played in 5 playoff games now, all on the road and has a 4-1 record in those games. He might not be an elite QB, but he's pretty good and I think the previous thread that stated he has no upside is even funnier now.

I believe I said the Jets still had their best football ahead of them in that thread (6 weeks ago) and was told it was a poor opinion.

Apology accepted.

He is looking like a young Big Ben to be honest...it isn't always pretty but he keeps winning.

ponyplayerdotca
01-16-2011, 11:42 PM

You think no one gave the JETS a chance this week against the Patriots?!

Just wait for the "there's no way anyone can beat the PACKERS" talk that we're all in for this week with regards to my BEARS.

And yet, just like the Jets/Patriots, the Packers/Bears split their two games this season, with the Jets/Bears winning at home early on, and the Patriots/Packers winning at home late in the season.

But because both the Patriots/Packers were/are playing so well and their wins over the Jets/Bears were more recent, they are touted as unbeatable.

Well, that's why they play the games, isn't it?

So, this week, all the expert chat will be "can the Jets beat the Steelers twice in Pittsburgh in the same season?" and "The Packers may be a 6 seed, but they are the best team remaining in the playoffs - they are going to the Super Bowl".

Maybe so, but it's amazing how all these panel guys "find religion" AFTER a game when their prognostications are always the obvious pick on paper beforehand.

Cardus
01-16-2011, 11:44 PM

Apology accepted.

That "no upside" angle was Intenet Land nonsense, as you know.

Sanchez can make all of the throws, as he showed tonight.

Even if the Jets do not win next week, his early career playoff record is phenomenal.

Cardus
01-16-2011, 11:46 PM

He is not overrated. No way.

headhawg
01-16-2011, 11:48 PM
It's always great when Belichick loses, great coach but a creep. I've always said that Brady was overrated, he looked mortal today. Pittsburgh/Jets is a tough game to pick.You like Alex Smith and think Brady is overrated?? Wow. The 49ers tried like hell to trade that first pick because they didn't want to be stuck with taking Smith. And Brady has won how many Super Bowls? No offense but good thing you're not a GM. Or a scout.

Take Pittsburgh. Sanchez will not play nearly as well against that Steelers defense.

slew101
01-16-2011, 11:58 PM
The Jets played a brilliant defensive game and made no major errors on offense. As a Patriots fan, I was very scared of this game. In the NFL, good teams that get blown out against one team usually play very well next time out against the same team. We've seen it a million times.

The Pats have been a bust lately in the playoffs for many reasons, mostly I think because Belichick's staff is very weak. Take a look at those bios if you doubt that. And I couldn't stand Josh McDaniels when he was there. I'd like to think someone could have told Belichick not to fake a punt on his own 38 down 7-3 with 1 minute left in the half. Terrible decision. And Brady needs a haircut.

If the Jets pull this off, it'll be the greatest post-season ride ever. Beating Manning, Brady, Big Ben (all on road) and maybe Rodgers in the Super Bowl.

tribecaagent
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm a Jet fan and hope I'm wrong about this kid but I'm just not impressed. I hope to God he's coming into his own but I'm dubious. We'll soon find out.

redshift1
01-17-2011, 03:56 AM
I like the Jet's this year, Sanchez grew up in this area and I watched him play at Mission Viejo and USC but I think he scares his fans more than the opposing teams. Great story if he makes the Superbowl.

Relwob Owner
01-17-2011, 05:19 AM

Polamalu didnt play the first time around, which I would consider a major injury....not sure after watching this weekend that he isnt still a bit hurt and not that effective right now. Also, they had kickoff return right off the bat in that first game which helped a ton.

I think the spread will end up being 3 and a half or 4 by game time. I think many will take the stance that Pittsburgh looked past the Jets a bit the first time and that the Jets may have already spent their best efforts getting by the Colts and Pats and may be out of gas.

I am amazed at what the Jets have done and with my pathetic Browns predictably non contenders, will be pulling hard for the Jets.

Valuist
01-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Polamalu didnt play the first time around, which I would consider a major injury....not sure after watching this weekend that he isnt still a bit hurt and not that effective right now. Also, they had kickoff return right off the bat in that first game which helped a ton.

I think the spread will end up being 3 and a half or 4 by game time. I think many will take the stance that Pittsburgh looked past the Jets a bit the first time and that the Jets may have already spent their best efforts getting by the Colts and Pats and may be out of gas.

I am amazed at what the Jets have done and with my pathetic Browns predictably non contenders, will be pulling hard for the Jets.

When an NFL line opens at 3 it would take an extremely significant injury to move the line off 3. You'd see the money line go up in conjunction with the 3, but since three is the most common occuring point differential (about 16%) there would just be way too much arbitrage risk to move the line all the way to 4, which also is a key number.

ldiatone
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
H. miller was out also ((TE)

PhantomOnTour
01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
This Jets-Steelers game is going to be like every other Steelers playoff game. A total nailbiter that will come down to the last few minutes....happens every time. Hopefully a current Steeler, and not an ex-Steeler (Santonio) will make the big play.

GO STEELERS!

newtothegame
01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
With both Championship games sitting at -3,
I like the steelers -3
Packers -3

Relwob Owner
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM
When an NFL line opens at 3 it would take an extremely significant injury to move the line off 3. You'd see the money line go up in conjunction with the 3, but since three is the most common occuring point differential (about 16%) there would just be way too much arbitrage risk to move the line all the way to 4, which also is a key number.

I am going by memory here and could be wrong but in the Super Bowl last year, didnt the Colts start at 4 last year, go up to 5, 5 and a half and then down to 4 or 4 and a half? I realize the key number component and 4 would be less likely but I definitely think there is a shot of it going to three and a half.

Ocala Mike
01-17-2011, 02:52 PM

Apology accepted.

I remember, and I was the guy who "bought his stock" at the bottom back then from some agressive "seller." Was cursing him at the beginning of the game, but not as much as NE fans were cursing Tom B. at the end.

Yesterday the Pats were caught far out at sea in a perfect storm. The Jets outpsyched them, outplayed them, and, yes, even outcoached them. No matter what you think of Ryan, gotta admire the way he took the pressure off his players with that "it's all about me against Bill B." spiel all week, then
credited them with the win after the game.

As much as I hate to say it, though, I don't like their chances against the Steelers. Their act yesterday was pretty hard to follow.

Ocala Mike

Valuist
01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
I am going by memory here and could be wrong but in the Super Bowl last year, didnt the Colts start at 4 last year, go up to 5, 5 and a half and then down to 4 or 4 and a half? I realize the key number component and 4 would be less likely but I definitely think there is a shot of it going to three and a half.

But it never crossed 3. Three is by far the most frequent occuring point differential. And while 4 is about the 4th or 5th most frequent occuing differential, it pales in comparison to the golden 3. I believe you are correct about the Colts last year, but 5 is a completely dead number. Its not uncommon to see moves from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 which is very small. But 3 to even 3 1/2 is HUGE.

Relwob Owner
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
But it never crossed 3. Three is by far the most frequent occuring point differential. And while 4 is about the 4th or 5th most frequent occuing differential, it pales in comparison to the golden 3. I believe you are correct about the Colts last year, but 5 is a completely dead number. Its not uncommon to see moves from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 which is very small. But 3 to even 3 1/2 is HUGE.

Got it-if so, I stand corrected and good info.....thanks

Rise Over Run
01-18-2011, 06:26 AM
I think many will take the stance that Pittsburgh looked past the Jets a bit the first time and that the Jets may have already spent their best efforts getting by the Colts and Pats and may be out of gas.

Who exactly were the Steelers looking past the Jets to? The Panthers or the Browns??

pandy
01-18-2011, 07:09 AM
My take on the Jets/Steelers, it's the same scenario as most Jets games, they have the best team, most talent, best depth, best balance, but the other team has a clear edge at quarterback. If they beat the Steelers, it will be the same in the Super Bowl because Rogers (great) and Cutler (very good) are both better than Sanchez. If the Jets had a guy like Rogers they'd be blowing some of these teams out.

Valuist
01-18-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't necessarily believe the Jets have a better defense than the Steelers. The Steelers definitely have the best run defense in the entire league; Jets a better pass defense. Since the Jets want to run and the Steelers like to throw deep, it would appear to set up for a defensive battle.

pandy
01-18-2011, 11:24 AM
I agree with you. The Jets pass defenders are playing out of their minds right now, when guys like Manning and Brady can't find open receivers, that's serious coverage. A big key to this game is the Steelers pass protection. They tend to play better in key games but they have had some terrible games and the Jets sacked Brady five times.

I still give the Jets an edge because historically teams with outstanding pass defenses (49ers, Broncos, Parcells coached Giants, to name a few) have gone to the Super Bowl many times. People give Joe Montana too much credit when they talk about the 49ers dynasty, but they had one of the greatest pass defenses I've ever seen.

bks
01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
The Jets pass defenders are playing out of their minds right now, when guys like Manning and Brady can't find open receivers, that's serious coverage.

Very true, but the Steelers have a better group of receivers than either of those teams, including the best deep threat the Jets have seen in the playoffs. Should be a very good game.

B

Relwob Owner
01-18-2011, 09:33 PM

FYI- Just checked on a few sites and a few other sources and while both games started at 3, both are now at 3 and a half with no significant injuries reported.

Relwob Owner
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Who exactly were the Steelers looking past the Jets to? The Panthers or the Browns??

Good point. Poor wording on my part....meant to convey the idea that the Steelers may have been a little over-confident in the game going in.

sandpit
01-18-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree with you. The Jets pass defenders are playing out of their minds right now, when guys like Manning and Brady can't find open receivers, that's serious coverage. A big key to this game is the Steelers pass protection. They tend to play better in key games but they have had some terrible games and the Jets sacked Brady five times.

I still give the Jets an edge because historically teams with outstanding pass defenses (49ers, Broncos, Parcells coached Giants, to name a few) have gone to the Super Bowl many times. People give Joe Montana too much credit when they talk about the 49ers dynasty, but they had one of the greatest pass defenses I've ever seen.

The 49ers of that era were one of the more complete teams in the history of football. There was not a weakness at any position on either side of the ball. But Montana was stellar, and especially in the SBs: 4 games, zero interceptions, just remarkable.

xfile
01-22-2011, 05:58 AM
Green Bay Packers -3.5 At Chicago Bears Sunday January 23, 2011 3:00 PM ET
Selection: Green Bay Packers ATS

At Pittsburgh Steelers -3.5 New York Jets Sunday January 23, 2011 6:30 PM ET

cj's dad
01-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Bears money line = +165
Jets money line = +165

$20 parlay paying $120.45

Jets money line win wager
$25 paying $41.75

PhantomOnTour
01-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Mike Tomlin is my sheppard...whom shall I fear?

cj's dad
01-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Mike Tomlin is my sheppard...whom shall I fear?

People who can spell Shepherd :lol:

PhantomOnTour
01-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Oh good Lord!!! :blush: (damn, too late to edit)

Too wrapped up in two LSU football players named Sheppard...this is surely a bad omen :lol: ...oops.

tribecaagent
01-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Bears money line = +165
Jets money line = +165

$20 parlay paying $120.45

Jets money line win wager
$25 paying $41.75

I'm with you on both. Just mentioned on sports talk radio that Polamalu missed five days of practice this week because of bad achilles. Can't be a good thing for Pitt.

Valuist
01-22-2011, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=Relwob Owner]FYI- Just checked on a few sites and a few other sources and while both games started at 3, both are now at 3 and a half with no significant injuries reported.[/QUOTEI

I just checked Bookmaker.com, the biggest offshore book and the Bears/Packers game is still at 3, with a moneyline of -130 on GB. The Steelers/Jets game, however, did move to 4 which is a HUGE move.

Rookies
01-22-2011, 08:36 PM
A case can be made for all 4 survivors. There are no pussy, warm West coast or southern teams left. All 4 like playing in the cold and love banging heads.

The local guy has the Steelers as his Best Bet. I'd tend to agree, if I didn't like the Pack so much.;)

To me, Pitt has one of the best QBs, not just in today's game, but all time. IF they win tomorrow and the SB, Roth will have a record of 11-2. This rates with the ALL TIME greatest records in the Playoffs for NFL QBs- just short of Montana & Bradshaw, but tied with Brady in Super Bowl Ws!

I admit he's a goofy looking LB acting as QB. But, tough as nails, stumbles in the beginning, makes the odd mistake, but a total gamer at the end as the Ravens :mad: :mad: found out last week. That pass he threw to beat Arizona was one of the most precise, clutch pitches of all time.

I say they roll the J*E*T*S AND that FF and his potty mouthed crew.

On the other side, Rodgers appears to be peaking for the Super Bowl. Pack can muscle the Bears equally ( as long as Hawk is a go) and their offense is miles better.

I've got a 2 dollar Benjamin P Pitt + Pack- both -3.5.

Also, liked all the Overs last week and they all came in.:ThmbUp: Like the Overs again tomorrow.

Robert Fischer
01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
No bets this week.

I highly expect Packers coaches to destroy cutler and dabears offense. Expect intelligent blitzes , with Cutler holding the ball and trying to make plays = interceptions, sacks and frustration. Would be a bet if not held at Soldier field.

Steelers should romp vs Jets. However I am a little worried about Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator and his fondness of big pass play calls, when the running game is there and control the game/ demoralize the defense. Yes Sanchez's inept catch-up passing is a temptation - however a few bad passing drives or an untimely pick and this game could be much closer than the mismatch it should be. Steelers offensive line playing with good energy.

Relwob Owner
01-23-2011, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Relwob Owner]FYI- Just checked on a few sites and a few other sources and while both games started at 3, both are now at 3 and a half with no significant injuries reported.[/QUOTEI

I just checked Bookmaker.com, the biggest offshore book and the Bears/Packers game is still at 3, with a moneyline of -130 on GB. The Steelers/Jets game, however, did move to 4 which is a HUGE move.

I dont know about off shore books but many Vegas books seemed to still have the Bears game at 3.5 at game time.....the move to 4 in the Steelers didnt surprise me at all, despite the fact that you indicated lines rarely come off three without a major injury. Starting out at three just appeared low from the get go to me and was bound to move up, I thought.

PhantomOnTour
01-24-2011, 10:58 AM
You can hate the Steelers all you want. You can bawl about lucky ref calls. You can pick on Big Ben. You can switch your favorite team from the Ravens to the Jets and now to the Packers (as one member of this board has done), but you gotta admit one thing first:

We are badder and bigger...
THE STEELERS ARE BOSSIN'!

onefast99
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
You can hate the Steelers all you want. You can bawl about lucky ref calls. You can pick on Big Ben. You can switch your favorite team from the Ravens to the Jets and now to the Packers (as one member of this board has done), but you gotta admit one thing first:

We are badder and bigger...
THE STEELERS ARE BOSSIN'!
You played with a 24 point lead that won't happen in the superbowl. Congrats on making it.

newtothegame
01-24-2011, 11:06 PM
With both Championship games sitting at -3,
I like the steelers -3
Packers -3

Steelers have a GREAT D and are relentless. The pack defensively can get after it as well. Although I was dissappointed as Holmes got behind the steelers, which allowed the Jets hope. I am sure the Pack was looking at that play long and hard.
Rodgers has proved to be elusive in the pocket and has no problems on the run throwing the ball with accuracy.
Game to me is pretty evenly matched with the pack having edge offensively, and steelers defensively.
I know that "defense wins championships", but gonna go with gut on this one. I also think the "indoor" Dallas facility will play better to the offensive side. Therefore, I will be playing THE PACK in this one!

PhantomOnTour
01-24-2011, 11:13 PM
The Pack looks formidable, esp if BJ Raji gets our backup center to toss around. Pouncey has a high ankle sprain and I can't see him making it back for the Bowl.
Rodgers will be tested for toughness...and as i said in another thread, he backed off big time once that Bears D lineman hit him in the mouth. The Steelers intend to do the same.

Should be a good game...and I can wait :D

beertapper
01-25-2011, 01:53 AM
this game should be a bookmakers dream, with the balanced action, no ?

cj's dad
01-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Yesterday on ESPN's Countdown show with Ditka, Keyshawn, Tom Jackson, and Chris Carter, the group was discussing Big Ben and what he has to do to get back in th good graces of his fans, teammates and mgmt.

Apparently, this guy is a real piece of work off the field. Ditka went so far as to call him a jerk. Surprising candor from guys who are in the "brotherhood" of NFL retirees. It was either Carter or Jackson who busted his chops pretty well also.

PhantomOnTour
01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Yesterday on ESPN's Countdown show with Ditka, Keyshawn, Tom Jackson, and Chris Carter, the group was discussing Big Ben and what he has to do to get back in th good graces of his fans, teammates and mgmt.

Apparently, this guy is a real piece of work off the field. Ditka went so far as to call him a jerk. Surprising candor from guys who are in the "brotherhood" of NFL retirees. It was either Carter or Jackson who busted his chops pretty well also.
Does Ben have a Twitter account, and are you a subscriber?
Don't lie; your obsession with him is bordering on manic at this point.
:cool:

PS-He's a real piece of work on the field, too...just ask the Ravens.

ldiatone
01-31-2011, 06:24 PM

cj's dad ok give it up. just like mike vick, he did his suspension and its over.
you do not live here in the burg(please no coments as i know what they would be) and he has changed for the better. Did you know he now is engaged and getting married? very nice girl also. (not the golf pro) He will not talk about it, only football. unless you listen to our local news and sports you do not know.
and like POT posted you still don't coment on ray lewis. AND YES he was not convicted of anything just like Big ben, was he? and what type of a ad does he do now. pulling an "anti-perspirant" out of his heart? that ads for the pits.

Rise Over Run
01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
and what type of a ad does he do now. pulling an "anti-perspirant" out of his heart? that ads for the pits.

It could be worse, he could do an ad for hair products. :lol: :lol:

The Head and Shoulders endorsements alone should be enough to to keep Troy P from consideration for the HOF.

cj's dad
01-31-2011, 09:07 PM
OK Steelers fans - Ray Lewis is a jerk - he was involved in a murder and when he did not snitch he was indicted for obsrtuction of justice. Apparently, he informed the authoraties of what he knew and received probation! Does that satisfy you all ??

Big Ben is a jerk - Get over it !!

cj
01-31-2011, 09:16 PM
According to the commissioner, it sounds like his teammates think he is a jerk too.

cj's dad
01-31-2011, 09:23 PM
According to the commissioner, it sounds like his teammates think he is a jerk too.

Not ONE Teamate - REPEAT, NOT ONE had any thing good to say about this fool !! And Ditka is the man and he called BB a jerk !!

NJ Stinks
02-01-2011, 01:14 AM
More on Ben from Terry Bradshaw in Sunday's NY Post:

Serby's Sunday Q & A with ... Terry Bradshaw (http:///p/sports/more_sports/serby_sunday_with_terry_bradshaw_WgvkieuXPDixL4MzP a5BfO)

By STEVE SERBY

Last Updated: 10:41 AM, January 30, 2011

Posted: 12:43 AM, January 30, 2011

More (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&username=nypost) /rw/SysConfig/WebPortal/nypost/images/icon_print.gif Print (http:///f/print/sports/more_sports/serby_sunday_with_terry_bradshaw_WgvkieuXPDixL4MzP a5BfO)

The Post's Steve Serby chatted with the Fox "NFL Sunday" studio analyst, who will be working next Sunday's Super Bowl (http:///t/Super_Bowl)and won four of them as the quarterback of the Steelers.

Q: Your relationship with Ben Roethlisberger?

A: I don't know him. My sense is he doesn't like me. I sense being around him, he doesn't care anything about me or getting to know me.

Q: What did you tell reporters who asked you years back about what you thought of him riding his motorcycle?

A: "Park the motorbike. You can ride it when the season's over. You can drive it into a wall when you retire, nobody will care." Four months later he had that wreck, remember? We don't even have a relationship.

Q: Does that bother you?

A: No! I'm 62 years old, you kiddin' me? The only thing I care about is my family.

Q: Will you sit down with him this week?

A: I've been told we're trying to sit down with him. I'm not sure that he'll sit down with me. I want to sit down and interview him.

Q: What would you ask him?

A: I'll obviously bring up the past offseason, and how it affected his life, and the transition he's made. I'll ask him about everything you think I should ask him about. It could be when I bring it up, he'll tell me, "It's none of your [bleeping] business. I think I have to ask that question and have him tell me to "kiss my [bleep]" . . . It's not personal.

Q: If Art Rooney (http:///t/Art_Rooney)owned the Steelers, would Big Ben still be the quarterback?

A: I believe if the old man had been alive, he would have traded him. He would not have put up with that. It wasn't all about winning championships with him. He would not have tolerated it. He would have given Ben a chance. The second time, I think, would have been too much.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/serby_sunday_with_terry_bradshaw_WgvkieuXPDixL4MzP a5BfO#ixzz1CgVLswGO

Relwob Owner
02-01-2011, 05:56 AM
More on Ben from Terry Bradshaw in Sunday's NY Post:

Serby's Sunday Q & A with ... Terry Bradshaw (http:///p/sports/more_sports/serby_sunday_with_terry_bradshaw_WgvkieuXPDixL4MzP a5BfO)

By STEVE SERBY

Last Updated: 10:41 AM, January 30, 2011

Posted: 12:43 AM, January 30, 2011

More (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&username=nypost) /rw/SysConfig/WebPortal/nypost/images/icon_print.gif Print (http:///f/print/sports/more_sports/serby_sunday_with_terry_bradshaw_WgvkieuXPDixL4MzP a5BfO)

The Post's Steve Serby chatted with the Fox "NFL Sunday" studio analyst, who will be working next Sunday's Super Bowl (http:///t/Super_Bowl)and won four of them as the quarterback of the Steelers.

Q: Your relationship with Ben Roethlisberger?

A: I don't know him. My sense is he doesn't like me. I sense being around him, he doesn't care anything about me or getting to know me.

Q: What did you tell reporters who asked you years back about what you thought of him riding his motorcycle?

A: "Park the motorbike. You can ride it when the season's over. You can drive it into a wall when you retire, nobody will care." Four months later he had that wreck, remember? We don't even have a relationship.

Q: Does that bother you?

A: No! I'm 62 years old, you kiddin' me? The only thing I care about is my family.

Q: Will you sit down with him this week?

A: I've been told we're trying to sit down with him. I'm not sure that he'll sit down with me. I want to sit down and interview him.

Q: What would you ask him?

A: I'll obviously bring up the past offseason, and how it affected his life, and the transition he's made. I'll ask him about everything you think I should ask him about. It could be when I bring it up, he'll tell me, "It's none of your [bleeping] business. I think I have to ask that question and have him tell me to "kiss my [bleep]" . . . It's not personal.

Q: If Art Rooney (http:///t/Art_Rooney)owned the Steelers, would Big Ben still be the quarterback?

A: I believe if the old man had been alive, he would have traded him. He would not have put up with that. It wasn't all about winning championships with him. He would not have tolerated it. He would have given Ben a chance. The second time, I think, would have been too much.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/serby_sunday_with_terry_bradshaw_WgvkieuXPDixL4MzP a5BfO#ixzz1CgVLswGO

Not a fan of Big Ben in the least but I find it interesting how judgemental many of these Ex NFL players are when it comes to him.....I am sure that they were all pure as the driven snow off the field when they played :rolleyes:

Golf and Horses
02-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Not ONE Teamate - REPEAT, NOT ONE had any thing good to say about this fool !! And Ditka is the man and he called BB a jerk !!
And here's why...http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/02/01/peter-king-admits-mistake-in-roger-goodell-quote/

PhantomOnTour
02-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Oopsy daisy...a misquote of Gooddell has caused the hater types to run for their keyboards and pound away at how everyone hates Ben...blah blah blah. Those alleged quotes were from before the season, but since it's SB week they get rehashed like they were said yesterday...and some folk just eat 'em up...
Just like you (CJ's Dad) ate up the bogus Big Ben golf course story involving Arnold Palmer. Totally bogus and totally up your alley. :lol:
My oh my how this story has changed....

And besides; anyone ever met Jerry Bailey or Corey Nakatani? Boy are they jerks!

lamboguy
02-02-2011, 10:17 AM
we should wait for pandy to weigh in on the superbowl, he seems to be real good! i stink

Rookies
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I've decided to go contrarian here:

Pitt ML & Under

glta

cj's dad
02-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Oopsy daisy...a misquote of Gooddell has caused the hater types to run for their keyboards and pound away at how everyone hates Ben...blah blah blah. Those alleged quotes were from before the season, but since it's SB week they get rehashed like they were said yesterday...and some folk just eat 'em up...
Just like you (CJ's Dad) ate up the bogus Big Ben golf course story involving Arnold Palmer. Totally bogus and totally up your alley. :lol:
My oh my how this story has changed....

And besides; anyone ever met Jerry Bailey or Corey Nakatani? Boy are they jerks!

I met Bailey at Hollywood Park in '97 and he was very gracious. Looks like you were sucked in again !! Stop eatin' up the bogus stories, these must be up your alley :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PhantomOnTour
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Read Bailey's book...he admitted to being a bad fellow. Do a search of his name on this site and I'm sure you'll find many negative anecdotes.