01-03-2011, 01:42 PM
All 3 tracks on HRTV right now have the same postime...1:40 PM
Fairgrounds 1st
Parx 4th
Calder 4th

You gotta love it.

PhantomOnTour
01-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Awesome...especially one a slow day where they are the only tracks running right now.

Stillriledup
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Arent calder and FG owned by the evil empire?

toussaud
01-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I've been beating this drum for a while now. Last year, all 4th of july weekend, you had 2 tracks promoting 2 of the biggest races of the entire year, the united nations and the suburban... which, went off i think 1 or 2 minutes from each other. You had ALL weekend to run both races.

the only tracks I know that work together are golden gate and the running socal track. like clock work they run 11-12 minutes one after the other.

does not surprise me to see Churchill, Calder and Arlington to all go off at the same time, which you will see at least 1 or 2 times a week.

therussmeister
01-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Arent calder and FG owned by the evil empire?

They are owned by an evil empire but not the evil empire.

therussmeister
01-03-2011, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=toussaud

the only tracks I know that work together are golden gate and the running socal track. like clock work they run 11-12 minutes one after the other.
[/QUOTE]

Also whenever two Ohio tracks are running at the same time, and they even combine their past performances.

Zman179
01-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Also whenever two Ohio tracks are running at the same time, and they even combine their past performances.

Not any more, the Ohio 7&7 format is no longer followed. Each track now has separate PP's and simulcast signal. Too bad, the 7&7 made sense.

toussaud
01-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Not any more, the Ohio 7&7 format is no longer followed. Each track now has separate PP's and simulcast signal. Too bad, the 7&7 made sense.
what makes more sense to me is just to run at one track lol. That's just me though.

While they don't do the 7 and 7 thing, they don't butt heads either. you can go back to back to back bout every 12 minutes, at the end of the day that's what matters. And I swear to god Calder's people just look at the schedule for the day and say "okay, let's find the days most important races, and make sure we run within 2-3 minutes of that post, to make sure we don't make money" never EVER fails. I remember the day they had all the preps for the breeders cup, super saturday whatever it was called, they were killing it running at crucial post times. JCGC, Beldame, hawthorne cup, you name it they had a race running at the same time.

I guarantee you on wednesday Tampa Bay and Gulfstream are going to bump heads.

Zman179
01-04-2011, 08:07 AM
While they don't do the 7 and 7 thing, they don't butt heads either. you can go back to back to back bout every 12 minutes, at the end of the day that's what matters.

That's the sad part, this past season the Ohio tracks were butting heads all the time. It's not scheduled like that, but one inquiry or other sort of a delay and now they're head-to-head. Unreal.

InTheRiver68
01-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I guarantee you on wednesday Tampa Bay and Gulfstream are going to bump heads.
I'll take that bet, at any odds and in any amount you want. Tampa Bay is one of the only tracks I know where the mutuel manager (or someone he designates) actually stands in front of a bank of TVs with a post time schedule in hand and calls audibles for the whole card. You can never depend on seeing a particular race at a particular time, because they always move their races to avoid the big tracks. It's brilliant.

As for the three tracks that were all posting at the same time today, it doesn't surprise me. Maybe they all thought that, being the only cars in the parking lot, they didn't have to drive in the aisles and could just right across all the empty spaces, and of course they wouldn't hit any other cars, right? Phi ... sorry, "Parx" ... only has one post time schedule and they never deviate from it. Calder has a limited selection of post times schedules, and rarely deviates. Fair Grounds has a standardized weekday / weekend post time schedule, but will change it in order to make a special accomodation. Monday gave them no reason to make a change...and besides, it was their first race.

That's because one person does the post time schedule for all of California. He makes the effort to avoid the post times of the other full or partial cards that will be made available to California bettors.

- InTheRiver68

toussaud
01-05-2011, 02:35 AM
good stuff. Still there is no excuse for two tracks owned by the same company to be running at the exact same time, same state or not. I don't care about excuses, as a bettor all I care about is the fact that I'm missing races becuase they are going off at the same time as other races. The smaller track is going to lose that battle 9 out of 10 times.

Southieboy
01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Gulfstream / Aqueduct ... Same Post Times :mad:

Southieboy
01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
http://drf.com/blogs/aqueduct-theyre-theyre

InTheRiver68
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Gulfstream seems to be making some sort of accomodation. They're holding the start of the race until about four minutes after the official post time... i.e., post time is 3:25, gates open at 3:29. They're not putting up a later post, they've just instructed the ponies and outriders to bring the horses up late.

toussaud, Tampa Bay has never been any closer than 4 minutes to either Aqueduct or Gulfstream, and that was only for their second race. They've run anywhere from 22 minutes to 30 minutes between posts in order to stay off of AQU and GULF. That guy knows how to run races.

-InTheRiver68

toussaud
01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
That's good info to have becuase I basically cherry pick races from certain tracks so I stick to a pretty tight schedule as far as the races are concerned. That tells me that if I see a tampa race and it's schedule to go off a few mins around a bigger track I can put it in anyway.

horses4courses
01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I have scratched my head for years as to why this situation occurs so often on a US race day. The tracks are hurting themselves, in the modern era of simulcasting and ADWs, when they run races simultaneously.

Having seen the UK/Irish model get around this problem, I believe the solution is a simple one. You list each race on a card by post time.

For example:
Instead of the 1st at Del Mar, you have the 2:00 at Del Mar.
Each race on the card after that has a designated post time.

It's not complicated, but it involves the biggest obstacle facing horse racing in the US - change. People are reluctant to try something new.

There are many aspects of US racing that their European counterparts could adapt to improve their product. The listing of races by post time, however, is something they got right.

the little guy
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
http://drf.com/blogs/aqueduct-theyre-theyre

Aqueduct has had the same post times for a LONG time. Gulfstream CHANGED their post times THIS year to 12:55 for the 1st race ( kind of an odd time....no? ). Aqueduct's post times were set a long time ago, and Gulfstream knew what they were before they made their post times, so I'll let you figure this one out.

toussaud
01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Aqueduct has had the same post times for a LONG time. Gulfstream CHANGED their post times THIS year to 12:55 for the 1st race ( kind of an odd time....no? ). Aqueduct's post times were set a long time ago, and Gulfstream knew what they were before they made their post times, so I'll let you figure this one out.

Actually brings up a good question

I think the onus is always on the smaller meet to accommodate the bettor as far as post times, see tampa bay downs. In this since, I think Aqu should have moved post times becuase it was opening day for GP. Not saying AQU is better or worse, but opening day at GP trumps the first wednesday of the year at AQU

Tom
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
It does?

the little guy
01-06-2011, 09:31 AM
It does?

He's extremely confused.

cj
01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Actually brings up a good question

I think the onus is always on the smaller meet to accommodate the bettor as far as post times, see tampa bay downs. In this since, I think Aqu should have moved post times becuase it was opening day for GP. Not saying AQU is better or worse, but opening day at GP trumps the first wednesday of the year at AQU

Like it or not, and it seems you do not, New York is the king of the racing world. There is no way they should change because silly Frank Stronach's operation decided to make another stupid move.

Grits
01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Stronach changes his racetracks like his underwear!

One never knows. Management, stakes races, wagering, post times--all daily, just like his underwear.

This is probably TMI, but I don't care, its true.:lol:

NYRA changing anything for Stronach; sorry that one's hilarious.

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 10:33 AM
What I think Toussaud was trying to say was that GP is much more prominent and has better racing than Aqu inner...and I agree. Where did all the good NY jocks go....Aqu inner or GP?
Hate Frank and champion NYRA all you want, but at this time of year GP racing is better than anything in NY, period.

cj
01-06-2011, 10:38 AM
What I think Toussaud was trying to say was that GP is much more prominent and has better racing than Aqu inner...and I agree. Where did all the good NY jocks go....Aqu inner or GP?
Hate Frank and champion NYRA all you want, but at this time of year GP racing is better than anything in NY, period.

Is it really though? Sure, the stakes program is, but the rest not so much.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 10:42 AM

I don't agree the racing is better, but I can understand why people think that way. However, does that mean Aqueduct should have to move their post times (which have been the same for YEARS) to accomodate Gulfstream? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Slight NYRA and champion Gulfstream all you want, NY is the top of the mountain in racing, period. GUlfstream should work their schedule around them, not vice versa.

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Is it really though? Sure, the stakes program is, but the rest not so much.
Follow the jockeys...only Cornelio and R Dominguez (who always stays north for the winter) are left in NY while Johnny V, Maragh, Alan Garcia, Eibar Coa, Solis, Prado, Castellano etc are all down south. Maybe they're looking for a Derby mount?
Who knows....but ya gotta admit that dirt only in NY this time of year just ain't as exciting as turf and dirt in Florida. Just my opinion...and this is my off-season anyway! Research & review time. I have barely made a play since Clark weekend at CD.

toussaud
01-06-2011, 11:00 AM
this is an easy one. who made more money yesterday? Also, 7 of the 14 breeders cup winners aren't stabled at AQU right now, they are @ gulfstream park.

Heck, gulfstream IS new york racing until april lol.

the little guy
01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Let me try to be clearer....Gulfstream asked for the Aqueduct Post Times over two months ago. They were given those times, times let me add that have been in existence for many years, and subsequently changed their previous post times and laid their first three races right on top of the Aqueduct post times. Yet, some here think Aqueduct then should have changed their post times? Frankly, that's beyond incredible.

the little guy
01-06-2011, 11:06 AM
this is an easy one. who made more money yesterday?

You may think it's easy because there are only two answers...but getting there probably is a lot more complicated than you think.

Sugar Ron
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Follow the jockeys...only Cornelio and R Dominguez (who always stays north for the winter) are left in NY while Johnny V, Maragh, Alan Garcia, Eibar Coa, Solis, Prado, Castellano etc are all down south. Maybe they're looking for a Derby mount?
Who knows....but ya gotta admit that dirt only in NY this time of year just ain't as exciting as turf and dirt in Florida. Just my opinion...and this is my off-season anyway! Research & review time. I have barely made a play since Clark weekend at CD.

Yeah, couldn't care less about NY this time of year

The warm-weather tracks rule...

Grits
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
this is an easy one. who made more money yesterday? Also, 7 of the 14 breeders cup winners aren't stabled at AQU right now, they are @ gulfstream park.

Heck, gulfstream IS new york racing until april lol.

SRU, hands down, with his $85.40 winner. He made more'n anybody yesterday.:lol:

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah, couldn't care less about NY this time of year

The warm-weather tracks rule...

It's 1/9 you couldn't name the winner of the stake yesterday without looking it up.

A lot of gamblers like NY racing this time of the year. Lots of opportunities for those willing to put the effort in. Makes sense why you have no interest.

Grits
01-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Ain't figured out yet why a guy named Ron calls himself, "Sugar.":faint:

Can't take the posts too seriously. Honest.:lol:

Just sayin'. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

cj
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Darn you guys quoting the troll before I had a chance to zap his post.

InTheRiver68
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
This thread is a microcosm of the problem that AQU and GP are playing out. Each thinks their product is superior, and argues that the other should change. But the reality is that by playing directly on top of each other's signals, they're losing up to a quarter of their handle. People are getting shut out all around the country because the guy waiting to make a bet at AQU has to stand in line behind three people trying to get in their GP bets. And even before then, people see two races coming up within two minutes of each other, they *know* they're only going to have time to handicap one of them, and they have to make a choice. They don't always choose the same track, though...even a $2 bettor is going to play a nine-horse field over a 5-horse field.

By the way, I think the onus in this case is on GP. Aqueduct isn't doing anything differently than they have for the past three years, at least. GP changed from 1:15 to 12:55 for no clear reason, other than to try to beat AQU head-to-head in handle. Stupid.

-InTheRiver68

Southieboy
01-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Hasn't Aqueduct's winter post been 12:30 for some 25 years?

the little guy
01-06-2011, 02:34 PM
This thread is a microcosm of the problem that AQU and GP are playing out. Each thinks their product is superior, and argues that the other should change. But the reality is that by playing directly on top of each other's signals, they're losing up to a quarter of their handle. People are getting shut out all around the country because the guy waiting to make a bet at AQU has to stand in line behind three people trying to get in their GP bets. And even before then, people see two races coming up within two minutes of each other, they *know* they're only going to have time to handicap one of them, and they have to make a choice. They don't always choose the same track, though...even a $2 bettor is going to play a nine-horse field over a 5-horse field.

By the way, I think the onus in this case is on GP. Aqueduct isn't doing anything differently than they have for the past three years, at least. GP changed from 1:15 to 12:55 for no clear reason, other than to try to beat AQU head-to-head in handle. Stupid.

-InTheRiver68

Once again, Gulfstream asked us for our post times two months before their meet began, and then moved their races to be right on top of ours for the first three races. We didn't " think our product was superior " as you suggest, we simply set our post times a long time ago and relayed them when asked. At that time, nobody called us to try to work together, they simply set the posts they did. Fortunately, things are better today, but let's try to stick to the truth, and not pontificate on what we don't know, which invariably always seems to suggest that NYRA is some sort of villian.

Cardus
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM

By the way, I think the anus in this case is GP. Aqueduct isn't doing anything differently than they have for the past three years, at least. GP changed from 1:15 to 12:55 for no clear reason, other than to try to beat AQU head-to-head in handle. Stupid.

-InTheRiver68

I think that we are saying the same thing, sort of.

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 03:08 PM
The real problem here is two racetracks having a schoolyard pissing contest.
If a governing body were in place it would tell these tracks when they will run races; end of story. Instead, we have two major tracks sqabbling at their own expense...brilliant!

Cardus
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
If a governing body were in place it would tell these tracks when they will run races; end of story. Instead, we have two major tracks sqabbling at their own expense...brilliant!

I don't see how NYRA is in a "pissing contest" or is "squabbling."

Gulfstream has moved its post time to contest NYRA, not the other way around.

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Then NYRA should move their post times, but if a governing body were in place...

Cardus
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Then NYRA should move their post times, but if a governing body were in place...

Why should NYRA move its post time that has been fixed for quite some time?

the little guy
01-06-2011, 03:16 PM

Instead of making things up, and being completely wrong, why not just read my posts.

Is it me?

cj
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Ridiculous.

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Why should NYRA move its post time that has been fixed for quite some time?
That's the pissing contest I'm talking about.

They should move their times to avoid conflict with another major track.

the little guy
01-06-2011, 03:22 PM

This has to be an act. It's your version of " who's on first? " I can only assume.

Maybe NYRA should set no post times and just try to slip their races in during the day at some point when no other track is running a race.

Cardus
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM

This is such new age gibberish: avoid conflict at all costs.

By this reasoning, NYRA should ask Gulfstream to return its post time to 1:15, right? And Gulfstream, by your reasoning, should accede, right?

Tom
01-06-2011, 03:25 PM
It was FRANKEEEE who pissed in the fan's coffee.
It was FRANKEEE who showed zero respect for the bettors out there.
It was FRANKEEEE who created the situation - 100% on purpose.

I say, if you are going to diss anyone, diss the A-HOLE.

Beachbabe
01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
P.O.T & Toussaud, you're fighting a losing battle here.
New York is King of the Mountain.................period.
It says so right here.

Hey, the fight's over.
Gulf & Aqu are running about 8 mins apart. Thank God !!!

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Okay, I'm not dissing anyone. I merely stated three things:
1) I think GP racing is more attractive than Aqu at this time of year
2) A governing body would alleviate this post time conflict
3) Perhaps NYRA should move their post times

The pissing contest I am talking about are some quotes like "NY is the king of the racing world", or something like that, and "why should we change? We've had these post times for years and years?"
That's just the kind of thing that's hurting racing on the whole, imo.
We are the king. We shouldn't have to change. Work together ya'll.

Cardus
01-06-2011, 03:44 PM

The pissing contest I am talking about are some quotes like "NY is the king of the racing world", or something like that, and "why should we change? We've had these post times for years and years?"

Just focus on the highlighted portion above.

NYRA has had a 12:30 p.m. winter post time for a long time.

NYRA is not taking anything away from Gulfstream, or infringing upon something that Gulfstream has established. This is plain to see.

Gulfstream seeks conflict -- which, according to you, should be avoided for the sake of avoiding conflict -- with NYRA, not the opposite.

And a hypothetical: If Gulfstream asked NYRA to run only seven live races a day, should NYRA agree, for the sake of avoiding conflict and working together?

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Just focus on the highlighted portion above.

NYRA has had a 12:30 p.m. winter post time for a long time.

NYRA is not taking anything away from Gulfstream, or infringing upon something that Gulfstream has established. This is plain to see.

Gulfstream seeks conflict -- which, according to you, should be avoided for the sake of avoiding conflict -- with NYRA, not the opposite.

And a hypothetical: If Gulfstream asked NYRA to run only seven live races a day, should NYRA agree, for the sake of avoiding conflict and working together?
No, it would cost them money, much the same way that conflicting post times must as well.
The whole "we are the king" and "why should we change" is what racing has been telling itself for decades while the game declines.

duncan04
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM

So i guess gulfstream intentionally overlapping post times with NYRA after asking what theirs was is working together?? Gulfstream could of staggered it but didn't. Stating that NYRA should move their post times is stupid!!

the little guy
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
No, it would cost them money, much the same way that conflicting post times must as well.
The whole "we are the king" and "why should we change" is what racing has been telling itself for decades while the game declines.

The simple fact that you have ignored everything I have posted shows you have zero interest in the truth and simply want to tell lies. While some people may have posted their opinions in this thread, which everyone is entitled to, nowhere did NYRA say or act in the manner you suggested. In fact, their actions are opposite of the falsehoods you choose to spew.

Cardus
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
So i guess gulfstream intentionally overlapping post times with NYRA after asking what theirs was is working together?? Gulfstream could of staggered it but didn't. Stating that NYRA should move their post times is stupid!!

This post gets a coveted SLAM DUNC!

Sugar Ron
01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Sounds like NYRA is afraid of a little competition.

Shocking...

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Where in this thread have I acquitted GP of anything? They shouldn't have moved their post time to conflict with the NYRA, but just because your competition is acting like that doesn't mean you should.

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
The simple fact that you have ignored everything I have posted shows you have zero interest in the truth and simply want to tell lies. While some people may have posted their opinions in this thread, which everyone is entitled to, nowhere did NYRA say or act in the manner you suggested. In fact, their actions are opposite of the falsehoods you choose to spew.
Where have I lied TLG? The pissing contest thing? In my opinion there's a bit of a pissing contest going on.

the little guy
01-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Where in this thread have I acquitted GP of anything? They shouldn't have moved their post time to conflict with the NYRA, but just because your competition is acting like that doesn't mean you should.

Mr Invisible is back....

I realize your goal is to not make any sense, and you are succeeding mightily ( congrats dude! ), but how exactly is NYRA acting? No lies....try the truth. Sometimes it feels good, and as they say, it may set you free.

PhantomOnTour
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Again, where have I lied?

the little guy
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Where have I lied TLG? The pissing contest thing? In my opinion there's a bit of a pissing contest going on.

Your opinion is based on nothing, and as I have explained with the truth, there is no pissing match on either side. Gulfstream set their post times on top of NYRA's on their opening day, and fortunately that seems to have changed today. You are making things up that not only don't exist....but can't be logically concluded from the facts.

thaskalos
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Maybe NYRA should set no post times and just try to slip their races in during the day at some point when no other track is running a race.:lol: Classic...

Cardus
01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
It was FRANKEEEE who pissed in the fan's coffee.
It was FRANKEEE who showed zero respect for the bettors out there.
It was FRANKEEEE who created the situation - 100% on purpose.

I say, if you are going to diss anyone, diss the A-HOLE.

Hope that isn't an ingredient in his energy drink.

Tom
01-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Where does anyone get that NYRA is doing anything?
THEY told Frankee what there post times were and FRANKEE intentionally created the conflict. All NYRA did is nothing!

Just because an idiot sits next to you on the bus doesn't make you an idiot.

David-LV
01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
NYRA is at fault for giving any information to any of Frankie's crooners, when Frankie or any of his people call don't answer the phone as they have proved more than once that they have no idea in how to run a profitable business or work with others to better racing.

_______
David-LV

turfnsport
01-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Andy,

The bottom line is that this is beyond ridiculous. I bet two tracks in January, GP and AQU, and I am watching the races go off simultaneously.

Frkking unreal.

The NYRA and GP should get together and DO something.

I cannot believe this has gone on for two days, it should have gone on for TWO RACES max.

WTF is wrong with these tracks?

Do they have any inkling of how much handle has been lost because of this nonsense?

If GP refuses to change post times, then AQU should.

How about thinking about the BETTOR for once?

This is a perfect example why this game will be next to extinct in ten years.

It's run by mindless dumbasses.

Charli125
01-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Andy,

The bottom line is that this is beyond ridiculous. I bet two tracks in January, GP and AQU, and I am watching the races go off simultaneously.

Frkking unreal.

The NYRA and GP should get together and DO something.

I cannot believe this has gone on for two days, it should have gone on for TWO RACES max.

WTF is wrong with these tracks?

Do they have any inkling of how much handle has been lost because of this nonsense?

If GP refuses to change post times, then AQU should.

How about thinking about the BETTOR for once?

This is a perfect example why this game will be next to extinct in ten years.

It's run by mindless dumbasses.

What he said.

I don't care who's fault it is(though it sounds like Gulfstream set their times after NYRA, so it's their fault). All I care about is playing both tracks, and it makes it difficult to do when watching odds and they're both going off at the same time.

turfnsport
01-06-2011, 09:31 PM
If Frank decides he wants to screw with AQU and run on top of the races (and it sure looks that way) and I am running AQU?

I change MY post times because I want to maximize handle and keep my simulcast customers happy.

For the NYRA not to take action in these past two days shows they are just as stupid as Frank.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Say NYRA changes around their post times...what is next? Should they just allow other tracks to dictate every aspect of their races? I totally understand the point that the whole situation stinks, but why should NYRA let anyone push them around?

Cardus
01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
If Frank decides he wants to screw with AQU and run on top of the races (and it sure looks that way) and I am running AQU?

I change MY post times because I want to maximize handle and keep my simulcast customers happy.

For the NYRA not to take action in these past two days shows they are just as stupid as Frank.

The same new age gibberish as earlier today.

Since Gulfstream moves its post time to cause conflict, then NYRA must relent and change its post time.

By this thinking, if NYRA reached out to Gulfstream and asked it to revert to its prior post time, then Gulfstream would have to abide by the request.

This is a lost cause in Internet Land.

turfnsport
01-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Say NYRA changes around their post times...what is next? Should they just allow other tracks to dictate every aspect of their races? I totally understand the point that the whole situation stinks, but why should NYRA let anyone push them around?

It's not about who's weenie is bigger, it's about what is best for business. With handle shrinking each year, you would think common sense would prevail. Nah, that ain't gonna happen.

Cardus
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
It's not about who's weenie is bigger, it's about what is best for business. With handle shrinking each year, you would think common sense would prevail. Nah, that ain't gonna happen.

And you're right: Gulfstream should have recognized what was best for the industry, since it was the entity that moved its post time.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 10:02 PM

So common sense would be allowing other tracks to dictate terms to them? Doesn't sound too sensical to me, at least from a business sense.

turfnsport
01-06-2011, 10:09 PM
So common sense would be allowing other tracks to dictate terms to them? Doesn't sound too sensical to me, at least from a business sense.

Having another track run on top of you and affect your handle is?

Yeah that makes plenty of sense to me. :rolleyes:

Tom
01-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Simple - don't patronize Frankee and his pathetic track.

GP is no friend to the bettor - can't even time races right!
GP is a joke.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Having another track run on top of you and affect your handle is?

Yeah that makes plenty of sense to me. :rolleyes:

Let's say you own a pizza shop. You've been at the same place for years, serving the same pizza. One day someone opens up a pizza shop right next to you. Without a doubt they are taking some of your business.

Would you start serving chinese food instead now?

thaskalos
01-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Let's say you own a pizza shop. You've been at the same place for years, serving the same pizza. One day someone opens up a pizza shop right next to you. Without a doubt they are taking some of your business.

I like your analogy...but let's take it a step further...

Would you sell the exact same pizza at the exact same prices, thereby effectively reducing your sales by about 50%...or would you make a change of some sort, in order to keep as many of your customers as possible.

turfnsport
01-06-2011, 10:27 PM

Really? :lol:

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I like your analogy...but let's take it a step further...

Would you sell the exact same pizza at the exact same prices, thereby effectively reducing your sales by about 50%...or would you make a change of some sort, in order to keep as many of your customers as possible.

I wouldn't change a thing. Especially because I don't think I would be losing 50% of my sales. I would hope my customers were a bit more loyal than that...or I wasn't doing the right thing before the other place moved next door.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Really? :lol:

I know it's probably just me, but something far more detrimental to bettors occured today at Gulfstream. That thread has a total of two posts.

People are outraged about post times and no one has even noticed or seems to care about what happened today. I can only imagine how long the thread would be if it happened at Aqueduct.

Saratoga_Mike
01-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't change a thing. Especially because I don't think I would be losing 50% of my sales. I would hope my customers were a bit more loyal than that...or I wasn't doing the right thing before the other place moved next door.

Dahoss, I respect your opinion highly, but I think your pizza shop could be trouble.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Dahoss, I respect your opinion highly, but I think your pizza shop could be trouble.

That's okay. I'll just sell chinese food instead.

Did you happen to catch what happened at Gulfstream today?

Saratoga_Mike
01-06-2011, 11:07 PM

late scr on the entry?

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 11:09 PM
late scr on the entry?

Yeah. Quite an injustice to the bettors I thought. But hey, 15% takeout on the pick 5, so who cares, right?

Saratoga_Mike
01-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah. Quite an injustice to the bettors I thought. But hey, 15% takeout on the pick 5, so who cares, right?

I reviewed the card, looking to play the Pick 5, but I couldn't find even one race to single so I didn't bet. I didn't actually see the scr (just read the thread and assumed you meant that) - how late was it?

toussaud
01-06-2011, 11:12 PM

you could always just get subsides from the new casino err. wal mart around the corner and you can keep selling your pizza if no one is coming to buy pizza.

seriously I don't care whose fault it is. Only in horse racing, can the two biggest things going at the time, get in a you know what measuring contest that cost both hundreds of thousands in handle.

Keeneland and aqueduct did it, why can't GP and AQU?

Gulfstream and AQU should be running the same schedule that golden gate and santa anita run. Get together for 15 minutes and just agree on post times. Don't care who moves what. I would prefer GP move up however, PT is just too late IMHO.

even if they didn't do it for us, do it becuase you want to suck more money out of our pockets, I don't care just get it done.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I reviewed the card, looking to play the Pick 5, but I couldn't find even one race to single so I didn't bet. I didn't actually see the scr (just read the thread and assumed you meant that) - how late was it?

http://drf.com/blogs/gulfstream-dead-heat-scratch-snafu

It was announced in the paddock. That is bad enough. However what Welsch says in the article is what is really troubling to me.

Sr. Henry was arguably the stronger half of the entry and there was never any way this horse was going to start this afternoon since he had worked six furlongs in company with stablemate Mountain Town as reported in Daily Racing Form on Wednesday

This, coupled with their outdated policy on multi race wagers in which there is a surface change midway through the wager makes me wonder just how much Gulfstream cares about the bettor. Not to mention this post time stuff.

Saratoga_Mike
01-06-2011, 11:34 PM
http://drf.com/blogs/gulfstream-dead-heat-scratch-snafu

It was announced in the paddock. That is bad enough. However what Welsch says in the article is what is really troubling to me.

Sr. Henry was arguably the stronger half of the entry and there was never any way this horse was going to start this afternoon since he had worked six furlongs in company with stablemate Mountain Town as reported in Daily Racing Form on Wednesday

This, coupled with their outdated policy on multi race wagers in which there is a surface change midway through the wager makes me wonder just how much Gulfstream cares about the bettor. Not to mention this post time stuff.

Do you think the track screwed up by not reporting this earlier OR Dutrow failed to report the scratch until very late?

Beachbabe
01-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Do you think the track screwed up by not reporting this earlier OR Dutrow failed to report the scratch until very late?

No way Dutrow screwed up, babe.

cj
01-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Both, but the majority lies with GP.

Dahoss9698
01-06-2011, 11:48 PM

I think it was the track. Welsch kind of hints at it i think in his piece.

Beachbabe
01-06-2011, 11:51 PM
It's the track's fault in that no matter how the scratch was made, they should have had the other half run for purse money only.

Saratoga_Mike
01-06-2011, 11:53 PM
It's the track's fault in that no matter how the scratch was made, they should have had the other half run for purse money only.

How they handled it was mandated by law, correct? If so, they need to lobby to change the law.

Beachbabe
01-06-2011, 11:55 PM

How they handled it was mandated by law, correct? If so, they need to lobby to change the law.

You're right. I'm wrong.
I guess I was just trying to show my "impartiality" and it got the best of me.

Dahoss9698
01-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Yes it was mandated by law, but the same stuff comes up every year. Makes you wonder if there is anyone lobbying to get this stuff changed.

Beachbabe
01-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Yes it was mandated by law, but the same stuff comes up every year. Makes you wonder if there is anyone lobbying to get this stuff changed.

I really thought new mngm't (Ritvo) would be on top of things like this especially after last year's "off the turf" fiasco.