PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis Coming to UF as Offensive Coordinator

Ocala Mike
01-02-2011, 11:01 PM
All I can say is they better keep Cheeseburger Charlie away from all the fast food establishments around the campus in Gainesville. Heard he likes the ponies a little, so Ocala should be off limits too.

Ocala Mike

slew101
01-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Don't understand this move at all. I thought Weis wanted to be a head coach in the NFL? If so, a coordinator position at Florida would not be the best route.

Unless he's given up on that with his Notre Dame failure. I didn't hear his name mentioned for any of these possible NFL openings.

If the guy just wants to make money and enjoy Florida, good luck to him. But figured with his ego, he'd want a shot as a head coach in the NFL.

After watching Florida, they don't seem to have a lot of great talent on that roster.

Ocala Mike
01-02-2011, 11:31 PM
How many SB rings can he flash at recruiting time, slew? Recruiting is the name of the game down here; besides I believe his son is enrolling in the school this year, and that helps explain the move.

Ocala Mike

ElKabong
01-03-2011, 01:31 AM
This means that Chollie's phone didn't ring from nfl owners for HC gigs....that sends a message---- if he can't get an interview now, then he needs to reinvent his resume....UF is a good start, Coach Boom will have a great defense for Weis to play off of....Chollie didn't have that at ND.

i can about guarantee you that Boom is already looking for a new OC... he know Weis won't be an OC any longer than he needs to be.

IMO, Weis is a failure as a HC, not sure why any D1 program w/ hire him for anything other than as an OC