PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday 10-5

SAL
10-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Like a few tomorrow:

Tennessee -1.5 vs New England.
McNair, the best quarterback in the NFL IMHO, should have a field day against the patchwork NE defense. I also expect the good Titan passrush to force Tom Brady to a pick or two. I expect the Titans to cover this miniscule pointspread.

Buffalo -8 vs Cincinnati
Bills have sputtered against two strong running teams. The Bengals will be without Corey Dillon, so I fully expect a rebound at home here.

Minnesota -5 vs Atlanta
Vikings made a believer out of me with their thorogh thrashing of my 49ers. I've seen them play 3 times this year and their defense continues to impress me. Their new defensive coordinator is doing a great job this year. Of course it won't take much to stop the sorry Atlanta offense, who need Michael Vick to get well soon. I see an easy Minnesota victory.

Monday night:

Tampa Bay vs Indy Under 37
Both of these teams are fond of the "cover 2" defense, which Tony Dungy implemented with the Colts when he took over. The Bucs have been fantastic against the pass this year, and I don't see Peyton Manning lighting them up like he did against the Saints. Tampa Bay is not exactly an offensive powerhouse either, so I expect a very low scoring game here.

Zaf
10-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Sal,

Love your pick on the Titans. They are a great team. You are right about the miniscule spread, thats a gift.

ZAFONIC

Valuist
10-05-2003, 11:20 AM
I like a lot this week:

Seattle +1.5--Packers coming off playing likely the 3 worst teams in the NFL (Bears, Cards, Lions) in L3 weeks so they've been softened up. Also coming off a short week. Even the Bears put up big rushing #s against GB defense.

Cincinnati +8---Buffalo is a fraud because they can't run the ball. Henry is around 2 ypc this season. Bengals aren't good but they are improved. 8 is too many, IMO.

Oakland -4 ---I realize all the squares on Oakland. That ok if you aren't on their side too much. This time they'll get it right. Bears offense is bad; defense is even worse. Gannon will light them up.

Atlanta +5---Vike backup QB put up huge numbers in first seasonal start at home last week; he comes back to earth here. Atlanta isn't great by any stretch but I think they can cover here.

Dallas/Arizona OVER 38.5--Arizona almost always is good for giving up over 30 a game on the road.

Jville -3---in the battle of winless teams, I think the Jags prevail. They get WR Smith back to complement RB Taylor. SD defense has become terrible.

TB -4 Tampa eats alive speed or finesse teams. The teams that give them trouble are the smashmouthers. Indy is a speed/finesse team.

SAL
10-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Valuist, I agree that Gus Ferotte will probably not have the day he had last week. But it's hard for me to think Atlanta will cover when they haven't scored an offensive touchdown in their last 2 games.

Also, Buffalo hasn't run the ball in their two losses, but that was against two of the best defenses in the NFL. Cincinnati is no defensive powerhouse.

I do like your AZ/Dallas over pick though. Might play that.

canuck
10-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Sunday, October 5, 2003

Three team Canadian Pro Line parlay pays 5-1

New England +2.5

Cincy +9.5

Arizona +8.5

New England are straight up or giving a point at a lot of books
Cincy is around 7 to 7.5
Zona is 6.5 to 7

Time for the wheels to come off the faves-love getting these extra points!

Zaf
10-05-2003, 07:28 PM
As a public selector I am the pits :(

Any time I pick a football team or hoss they fall flat on their face.

So next time I select , just go the other way !

ZAFONIC

SAL
10-05-2003, 07:34 PM
McNair threw a pick returned for a TD when the Titans were driving for the winning score with 2 minutes to go.....A 70 yard kickoff return by NE didn't help matters either. Sometimes luck has a lot to do with it, just like horseracing.

Valuist
10-07-2003, 10:38 AM
The end to the Colts/Bucs game was one of the most surreal things I've ever seen. Most big comebacks you see coming, and see the huge momentum shift. For some reason, Indy never really looked like they had momentum....until the kick hit off the upright and went in giving them the win. Kind of funny how Al Micheals said "this has turned out to be a decent game" thinking that Indy was going to lose respectably after getting destroyed for the first 55 minutes.