PDA

View Full Version : Barry Meadow Talks California Takeout Hike on Race and Sports Radio

andymays
01-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Race and Sports Radio with Felix Taverna, Ken Daniels, and Ty Alexander.

http://wsradio.com/ Studio B

Barry Meadow should be on sometime after 8:15 am pst.

On Jan 01, 2011 California Exacta Takeout will Increase by 9.7% to 22.68% - giving California one of the highest exacta takeout rates in North America.

23.68 Percent Trifecta Takeout
Thoroughbred Takeout on wagers involving three or more betting interests in California will jump to 23.68 percent - an increase of 14.51 percent over previous levels... Read More click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should hear a Shout Out to PaceAdvantage.com as well.

andymays
01-02-2011, 11:15 AM
He already talked about the takeout and boycott in a teaser. Sometime after this commercial Barry should come on.

Deepsix
01-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I was just listening as they are taking an commercial break (about 8:10am) before Barry Meadows segment is to begin. The comment from the host that caught my ear was.... (paraphrased ) 'I don't think I support the boycott BUT I do support an apology from the CHRB.'

??

andymays
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I was just listening as they are taking an commercial break (about 8:10am) before Barry Meadows segment is to begin. The comment from the host that caught my ear was.... (paraphrased ) 'I don't think I support the boycott BUT I do support an apology from the CHRB.'

??

Yes, he is not keen on a boycott. He thinks the natural drop in handle is going to take care of everything and he's a California show. Almost the same position as Davidowitz. The fact that he's having Barry Meadow on to give the other side is commendable. I've been on two or three times talking about the takeout hike and other California Racing Issues.

andymays
01-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Well he got the Shout Out sort of right. At least he mentioned PaceAdvantage.com

andymays
01-02-2011, 11:42 AM

??

Well??????????

Deepsix
01-02-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm just waiting to hear the remainder of Barry's comments.... moments later.... Well, I'm glad you linked to the show BUT its simply restating all the issues we've seen discussed here ad nauseum. Its interesting to hear comments from some others out there in the hinterlands.

Thanks for the heads up on the show. I do detect many of your words/phrases and its clear that you've been bs-ing with these folks about these issues. <smile>

andymays
01-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm just waiting to hear the remainder of Barry's comments.

Both Barry and Felix did an outstanding job. I thought the segment was powerful.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-02-2011, 12:08 PM

??
Do you think the CHRB knows they blew it? Or do they still think they did the right thing?
On apologizing. If Vegas were to change the rules of blackjack and make a push go to the house, they could apologize all they want, I wouldn't play, and I'd expect the tables to be empty pretty quickly.

DeanT
01-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for going on the show on behalf of players Barry.

rwwupl
01-02-2011, 04:56 PM

Barry Meadow should be on sometime after 8:15 am pst.

On Jan 01, 2011 California Exacta Takeout will Increase by 9.7% to 22.68% - giving California one of the highest exacta takeout rates in North America.

Thoroughbred Takeout on wagers involving three or more betting interests in California will jump to 23.68 percent - an increase of 14.51 percent over previous levels... Read More click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should hear a Shout Out to PaceAdvantage.com as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This information above was taken from the website for players boycott.

My understanding is the takeout menu adjustment in California (to be complete) should read :

2Horse betting interests such as exactas and doubles are raised 2% to a new high of 22.68%

3 or more betting interests such as Trifectas, superfectas,p-3,p-4 and p-6 are raised 3% to a new high of 23.68%

Roger Way

jelly
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I think andymay's post is more accurate.

andymays
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM

I think Roger has it right. I copied and pasted from the boycott site. The statements are incomplete on the site.

rwwupl
01-02-2011, 06:57 PM

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/58142/horseplayer-group-battles-calif-takeout-hike

Excerpt:

According to the four-page proposal, the increase would be used to augment Thoroughbred purses, which are falling statewide in the face of declining handle. The takeout hike would be for 2% on exotic wagers involving two betting interests (such as an exacta or double), and 3% on exotic wagers involving three or more wagering interests (trifecta, superfecta, and the pick six, for example). Everyone making such wagers on California races, whether inside the state or out, would be affected.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/58142/horseplayer-group-battles-calif-takeout-hike#ixzz19vR6l4tz

roger way

jelly
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Ther is nothing inaccurate about this statement.

andymays
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Ther is nothing inaccurate about this statement.

Right, but Roger is trying to let the people know who might not know that the other bets have gone up too. Most of us know that but some may not.