PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Saturday

SAL
10-04-2003, 03:19 PM
My selections for Santa Anita today:

R1- #1 The Station –I hate picking chalk, but I keep coming back to this one. Loves SA, catches a weak field. My line would be 1/1.

R2 - #1 Torsionnaire. Great B/off stats, plus I like Mike Smith on frontrunners.

R3 - #1 Furtivo. NoCal horse will probably get no support. I like this one to get the lead against Dixie Thrill, who had no excuse last time. Price should be right.

R4 – No opinion here, I can make a case for just about everybody.

R5 - #2 Pleasantly Perfect. Got the feeling Mandella has this one cranked for this. Defending champ’s price should be OK because of the Toccet supporters.

R6 - #1 Eyad- was a bit rank and had trouble in first US start. Julie stays with him and he’s worked well since.

R7 - #4 Bold American- Had a tough trip last time, and the blinker experiment is over. Better is expected today.

R8 - #3 Susie Joe’s- Might get a favorable pace scenario for repeat.

R9 - #1 Ourwhistlebritches – I don’t think Berrio will take this one to the front, like T. Baze did the last time she tried this distance/surface. Counting on her to sit back behind the sprinters and what I think will be a hot pace.

R10 - #6 Roi Charmant- Ran well in race that’s produced a next out winner. Gets Mike Smith, a better frontrunners jock than Nakatani.