PDA

View Full Version : SEC in Bowl Games so Far

Ocala Mike
12-31-2010, 11:36 PM
0-3. Tennessee, Georgia, and South Carolina all losers. Is this a trend? Hope not, because I have 5 of the 6 remaining SEC teams to win.

The one I don't like plays their home games about 30 miles from me. I'm having major second thoughts about Auburn now too.

Ocala Mike

slew101
01-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Middle tier SEC teams were way down this year, and the bottom of the conference was downright awful. Teams like Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky had no business even being in a bowl game. Although Tennessee played well in its game and should have won.

dylbert
01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
0-3. Tennessee, Georgia, and South Carolina all losers. Is this a trend? Hope not, because I have 5 of the 6 remaining SEC teams to win.

The one I don't like plays their home games about 30 miles from me. I'm having major second thoughts about Auburn now too.

Ocala MikeDon't judge SEC by SEC East teams. Are you watching today? Big 10 teams getting crushed by SEC West teams, Alabama and Mississippi State. Florida may still beat Joe Pa State in this back-and-forth game.

I feel for you Michigan & Michigan State fans that must watch these pitiful teams play each week during season.

dylbert
01-01-2011, 09:21 PM
SEC 3-0 on January 1 and Big 10 (really 11 about to be 12) 0-4

Betcha a lot of peeps are betting Arkansas over Ohio State now. Big 10 teams didn't even look competitive. I know it's bowl game, but don't these teams have any pride. These teams would have trouble with Ole Miss, Vandy, and Kentucky!

Poor UConn Huskies... they looked totally outmanned against OU Sooners right now.

sandpit
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
SEC 3-0 on January 1 and Big 10 (really 11 about to be 12) 0-4

Betcha a lot of peeps are betting Arkansas over Ohio State now. Big 10 teams didn't even look competitive. I know it's bowl game, but don't these teams have any pride. These teams would have trouble with Ole Miss, Vandy, and Kentucky!

Poor UConn Huskies... they looked totally outmanned against OU Sooners right now.

Tennessee took a horrible beat to UNC, which would have made the SEC East look a little better. I didn't see Georgia, but anybody who can muster only http://paceadvantage.com/forum/images/SCNums/6.jpg points probably deserves to lose. So. Car's qb is a huge liability. UK doesn't even belong in a bowl game, but they got a gift with Pitt's new coach in the big house now.

Being in the Big East is about like the NFC West right now; when you have to face the big boys, you are in trouble.

GaryG
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Five straight crystal footballs make the SEC look pretty good. Here is the difference between the Big 10 and the SEC: Indiana plays Purdue for the Old Oaken Bucket. Alabama plays Auburn for life itself.

Bettowin
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Five straight crystal footballs make the SEC look pretty good. Here is the difference between the Big 10 and the SEC: Indiana plays Purdue for the Old Oaken Bucket. Alabama plays Auburn for life itself.

Another difference is the Big Ten players are using their scholarships to get degrees:)

OTM Al
01-12-2011, 09:13 AM

Real question is how many Alabama and Auburn players would even be admitted to Purdue or Indiana (yeah, I'm biased as I went to Purdue). Many different ways to keep score and some last a lot longer than a single football season.

sammy the sage
01-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Another difference is the Big Ten players are using their scholarships to get degrees:)

yep...Ohio St. is a fine example of that :lol: ;)

sammy the sage
01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Real question is how many Alabama and Auburn players would even be admitted to Purdue or Indiana (yeah, I'm biased as I went to Purdue). Many different ways to keep score and some last a lot longer than a single football season.

and those purdue/indiana boys wouldn't get a sniff at Vandy :lol: ;)

Bettowin
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
yep...Ohio St. is a fine example of that :lol: ;)

Let's compare: (Graduation Rate of Football Players) Bowl Games

In no particular order.

Ohio State - 63 Auburn - 63 Oregon - 54
Wisconsin - 65 Arkansas - 55 Oklahoma - 44
Michigan - 67 Alabama - 67
Penn State - 84
Michigan St - 55 Florida St - 64
Illinois - 76 Georgia - 68
Iowa - 79 LSU - 67
Norhwestern - 95 Clemson - 60

Oregon surprised me but overall the Big Ten's average is higher than the SEC with Ohio State at the bottom of the Big Ten.

Source:

http://www.tidesport.org/Grad%20Rates/2010-11_APR-GSR_BowlStudy.pdf

skate
01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
highest graduation rate for top schools (AAA) belongs to

Miami and Notre Dame at 88%.
Average is 51%

:eek: