PDA

View Full Version : Indy Derby

Valuist
10-04-2003, 12:53 PM
For those that don't play Hoosier, and I can't imagine too many people play it other than some of us Midwesterners, the track tends to play inside or neutral. I don't think I can recall seeing an outside bias there. I played Hoo Thursday night and when I got there two guys told me it was outside closers for the first 3 races. Then every race I saw was won by a horse up close or on the lead, and no more than 2 wide. Just a word of warning if you're planning on leaving money on Grand Hombre, Wando or Wiggins, all of whom have been drawn to the far outside. Its not that they can't win, but they have to be much better than everyone else to overcome the likely ground loss.

Valuist
10-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Late scratches have somewhat negated the problem of the outside draws. The field went from 11 down to 8, with Hackendiffy, Shawklit Man and Roses in May all scratching out. Thorograph has this race as its Race of the Week.

Zaf
10-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Looks like the two favs will be very tough in here.

But I am going to take a shot with #3 Christine's Outlaw who has been racing wide as of late with reasonably decent performances.

$10 WP #3 Christine's Outlaw

$5 Exacta box 3-9
$5 Exacta box 3-11

ZAFONIC

Valuist
10-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Sure enough, the 2 heavy chalks got beat by an inside speed horse.

Zaf
10-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Yeah, you were right about the inside , I thought the #3 would do a little better, stalked and dropped.

ZAFONIC