PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream requests longer meet for 2011-2012

andymays
12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/gulfstream-requests-longer-meet-2011-2012

toussaud
12-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Honestly they should do the exact opposite. After the Florida derby I have no interest. Everyone goes to keeneland at that point.

andymays
12-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Stronach wants it all.

Grits
12-31-2010, 02:36 PM
The meet is ridiculously long now. Good luck, Frank.

Agree with Toussaud, no one cares after the Florida Derby. Up to it, yes, but after it, no.

Tom
12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Some don't give a hoot after January 4th. :rolleyes:

Two tracks I can live without - GP and Kee.
I'll do laundry before tuning in to races at either one.

toussaud
12-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Some don't give a hoot after January 4th. :rolleyes:

Two tracks I can live without - GP and Kee.
I'll do laundry before tuning in to races at either one.
why?

Pcon04
12-31-2010, 05:28 PM
they want to start 12/2/11 to 04/08/12 they know its dead

after the Fla derby.we'll see if the legislature gives in and chops calders

meet which is trash in DEC.

Pcon04

The_Knight_Sky
12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
they want to start 12/2/11 to 04/08/12 they know its dead

after the Fla derby.we'll see if the legislature gives in
and chops calders meet which is trash in DEC.

Pcon04

Technically it's not Calder's meet but....
The Tropical Park meet at Calder race course.

And have you seen the junky turf course at Calder lately?
Enough already ! :eek:

Pcon04
12-31-2010, 07:37 PM
thanks for the history lesson

I never play there so the turf couse is a non issue

Tom
12-31-2010, 07:55 PM
why?

No faith the GP can time races, and KEE has always been a must avoid for me- dirt of poly. Races and figs just make little sense too often, No faith in anyone's ability to make figs for KEE - no offense to anyone, just no faith in any figs from there.

Too many better tracks to play than to waste time on ones that I can't get.

Valuist
12-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Technically it's not Calder's meet but....

And have you seen the junky turf course at Calder lately?
Enough already ! :eek:

I saw it today and its hard to tell what color it is but it definitely isn't green.

magwell
12-31-2010, 09:56 PM
December thru march with nite racing on friday and saturday will be great....:cool:

The_Knight_Sky
12-31-2010, 10:44 PM
I saw it today and its hard to tell what color it is but it definitely isn't green.

Imagine all the money CDI is saving....

on Toro http://i54.tinypic.com/2ushn2w.gif Weed trimmers, never having to use them.

Robert Goren
01-01-2011, 06:38 AM
With most of the northern tracks closing by Thanksgiving, it makes sense for GP to open in december. Tropical Park meeting at Calder, what the hell is that? Defunct race tracks should just go quietly into the night.

Tampa Russ
01-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Frank is worried about Hialeah.

macguy
01-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Frank is worried about Hialeah.
Exactly, he's trying to get those dates before Hialeah makes the move to thoroughbred racing.

toussaud
01-01-2011, 12:38 PM
One thing I never did understand, why does Tampa Bay Downs have to share time with Gulfstream, but Calder gets 8 months all to themselves? Why can't Tampa Run from like April until July/Early August or something like that.

If SoCal can make 4 tracks work I don't see why Florida Can't.

CincyHorseplayer
01-01-2011, 01:31 PM
One thing I never did understand, why does Tampa Bay Downs have to share time with Gulfstream, but Calder gets 8 months all to themselves? Why can't Tampa Run from like April until July/Early August or something like that.

If SoCal can make 4 tracks work I don't see why Florida Can't.

I hear you.I kinda wish Tampa would open in mid October and go to to the end of February.

therussmeister
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Tampa runs in the winter to take advantage of the northeastern tracks that are closed in winter, and the Calder horses that are not competitive at Gulfstream. The horse population in Florida is undoubtedly much larger in winter.

BMustang
01-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I concur with the poster who said that there is a void in major league racing in December. Once Churchill Downs closes, I tone my wagering way back to almost social status in December and don't get serious again until Gulfstream.

I don't ever play Calder or Fairgrounds, and Tampa Bay only recreationally, so I would vote in favor of Gulfstream cranking up in early December. In those years where I have to opportunity to go to Gulfstream, I wouldn't have to "wait out" December before heading south in January.

Don't think it will happen, but I'd be in favor.

toussaud
01-03-2011, 02:33 AM
I concur with the poster who said that there is a void in major league racing in December. Once Churchill Downs closes, I tone my wagering way back to almost social status in December and don't get serious again until Gulfstream.

I don't ever play Calder or Fairgrounds, and Tampa Bay only recreationally, so I would vote in favor of Gulfstream cranking up in early December. In those years where I have to opportunity to go to Gulfstream, I wouldn't have to "wait out" December before heading south in January.

Don't think it will happen, but I'd be in favor.
I disagree about FG. Fair Grounds is where the party's at. Full fields, dirt, decent, not the spa quality but decent racing, they even race on mondays. What more do you want? I play FG over TBD

The_Knight_Sky
01-03-2011, 09:57 AM
What more do you want?

First post after 5:30 pm ET / 2:30 pm PT.

Plenty of working stiffs would like that.

Why play all "day games" :confused:

toussaud
01-03-2011, 12:04 PM
First post after 5:30 pm ET / 2:30 pm PT.

Plenty of working stiffs would like that.

Why play all "day games" :confused: They even do that on some fridays. NOt in the winter thought because I think it's just too cold. But coming up here around the end of Jan/ beginning of feb they have twilight racing.

I agree in general though. heck most days I have barley eaten breakfast and AQU is on race 7