PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Saturday

SAL
10-04-2003, 12:52 PM
My picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 - #8 Deputy Thief- Ran well enough in his last start. The jock switch on #2 Safari is a negative, so this one may be close to the frontrunners early

R2 - #8 River Spirit –Timely claim here, Nakatani sees fit to take the ride.

R3 - #1 Lex- Longshot trainer/jock, gets lasix, bug weight.

R4 - #8 – Nevermore – Love this type with this trainer. Velazquez gets on, which to me means this horse is very well meant.

More to come….

SAL
10-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Belmont picks continued:

R5 - #9 Prima Green – This one is going great right now. Had no chance to close last time when they ran the last half faster than the first half. Has won on this turf course before.

R6 - #4 Victory USA . Ran into the talented Halfbridled last time, I really like her in this field. Will be no price though, so I may single in some P3’s

R7 - #7 Read the Footnotes- Showed he wasn’t a one dimensional speedball last time, this one turn route right up his alley.

R8 - #2 Millenium Dragon- Distance suits him, may get a favorable pace scenario here.

R9 - #3 Summer Colony – They’ve been putting some serious drills in this one. Good spot to rebound for this proven graded stakes winner. Sightseek may cruise here, but hoping for a bounce off her lifetime best in her last race.

R10 - #3 Roaring Fever – I have issues with the ML favs, so this is a good horse to take a shot with. Royally bred horse ran well in graded races as a 2yo, has every right to improve off his last race. Would love to get 5/1 here.

Bubbles
10-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SAL
Belmont picks continued:
R7 - #7 Read the Footnotes- Showed he wasn’t a one dimensional speedball last time, this one turn route right up his alley.

R8 - #2 Millenium Dragon- Distance suits him, may get a favorable pace scenario here.

R9 - #3 Summer Colony – They’ve been putting some serious drills in this one. Good spot to rebound for this proven graded stakes winner. Sightseek may cruise here, but hoping for a bounce off her lifetime best in her last race.

R10 - #3 Roaring Fever – I have issues with the ML favs, so this is a good horse to take a shot with. Royally bred horse ran well in graded races as a 2yo, has every right to improve off his last race. Would love to get 5/1 here.

RTF: Nice, undefeated horse. Like him to run second to Chapel Royal, though (for info, see Juvy/Juvy Fillies forum)

MD: Like.

SC: Okay. I was there for the Personal Ensign. Horse just ran terribly. IMHO, this one has no chance with the likes of Sightseek and Passing Shot.

RF: Agreement here. Was there when she broke her maiden impressively, and if she runs back to that form, some value may be found.