PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Kee, Haw

Valuist
10-04-2003, 12:35 PM
KEE 6th-A number of horses making their 2 turn debuts here. Mass Media has two huge wins, by 11 over Mdns and 22 over LaD NW1X earning a 100 Beyer. Value Plus comes in off a 2nd after a bad start in the Futurity and Eurosilver comes in off a 96 Beyer in a Mdn win at Sar. The sleeper may be Victory Light, who ran a big race on the turf at WO and may have been the best horse in that race. Lone negative is the post, which can be a huge factor at Kee. I'd bet Victory Light at 9-2 or better, which may not happen w/Day up.

KEE 7th-Rochester has the won last year's stake angle going for him, just like he did 2 weeks ago in the KD stake, which he won for the 2nd year in a row. I think the challenge will come from Revved Up, who I feel will lay 2nd. Kim Loves Bucky has run well over the Kee turf but his form is shaky. I dont like Sharbayan who sat behind a deceptive fast pace in a small field. Better Talk Now could crash the gimmicks w/solid turf rider Douglas up.

KEE 9th-I know Kee's turf favors closers but I really liked Soaring Free's last race; IMO he ran a much more impressive race than Touch of the Blues who saved ground behind the fast pace much of the way. Not nearly as much speed today. Trademark is the horse to beat from the rail. In Pic 3s, I'll use both but I do prefer Soearing Free. Della Francesca looked impressive with the new tactics of coming off the pace. Overbet? Honor in War. He beat a weak Gr 1 field at CD.

HAW 5th-this $4000 field came up unusually strong. 3 horses are coming off wins at the open 5000 level. Marked Wish got away w/a soft pace for the day 9/9 at PrM so I'll downgrade his win. Eejay stalked a hard duel. He is capable of winning but may be a little overbet. Top choice is Historic Speech. He'll be up close but he doesn't have to have the lead to win.

HAW 7th-I'm trying to get a price with Spiritual Drift. The horse had some nice T-Graph numbers moving forward and has had some wide trips and still raced well. On paper there's still 2 speeds after scratches. Valiant Anna fits but might be a little overbet.

HAW 9th-Trainer Reavis struggled at AP but always has a strong Haw meet. Lucky They Call Me has the best Beyer in the race sprinting (90) and has won at the track and distance. Reavis turns him back from a mile to 6.5 and Reavis is 27% $2.71 w/turnbacks. Wildman Joey is the main contender but has severe seconditis (still a Mdn with 7 seconds in 14 races). Sir West made up a lot of ground in a race where the first 4 furlongs were very fast and the last 3 very slow.

SAL
10-04-2003, 02:17 PM
A few Keeneland shots today:

R3 - #12 Anneofgreengables – Well bet in last race, lost chance on the turn, when I think the jock probably wrapped up on him. Back quickly and dropping.

R4 - #6 A Little Gold. Last race not a fluke.

R6 - #10 Eurosilver – Like Zito stretching out, can track all the speed.

R8 - #6 Pollard’s Vision – Perfect spot, sets up well for him.

R9 - #3 Perfect Soul – Running against some toughies, should get the job done here.

Valuist
10-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Sal-

That was pretty impressive. When I saw your picks I wondered if you were past-posting but you only posted 2 hours after me so I know you didn't. Eurosilver was a big price, Perfect Soul and A little Gold also paid well. Pollard's Vision SHOULD have won but he got into some traffic entering the stretch and still was beaten by about a neck. Good work; a lot better than my 1 for 6 day.

Zaf
10-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Sal,

What a great job. 2 - $15.00 mutuels and a $25.00 one.

Awesome, Super ROI !!!

ZAFONIC

SAL
10-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys. I usually do well at Keeneland, it's the only Kentucky track that I like to play. I've just been posting my picks for two tracks usually, but I think I'll probably post my shots at Keeneland as well. Hopefully I can get a few more across.