PDA

View Full Version : Youbet

harpowitz
09-13-2001, 07:54 PM
I recently started to use Youbet and it is a totally frustrating experience. The picture is terrible, but that may be due to my computer which is not very fast and my server which is provided by th Suffolk County Library free of charge. It does not operate at state of the art speed and promises have been made for improvement. I suppose you get what you pay for. I was taken in by the .25 a bet advertising. I thought if I boxed one horse on top with two horses on the bottom it would cost me .25. No it cost .50 as it is considered two bets. Also, it cannot be bet on one ticket. You have to box each combo separately on a different ticket. If you want to bet a third horse you need to make three separate bets and it costs .75. This may sound like quibbling but at the end of the day if you bet a 10 horse field, you've paid $5 for the use of Youbet. Reaching their cut-off of $20 takes no time at all. Betting on Brisnet looks more attractive. For the most part the sound is good, but I got the call from Calder today at the time as another track. I didn't know which race I was losing! Getting around the site takes a lot of getting used to. As I said frustrating. However, when Belmont starts to run again, usinb Youbet permits betting from yhr site;Brisnet, I'd have get off the Internet to telephone my bet and then get back on. As I said frustrating. All this may drive me back to OTB.