PDA

View Full Version : place nomograph

timtam
10-04-2003, 09:49 AM
I was cleaning out some old racing stuff and i came upon a PLACE NOMOGRAPH card. I know the card was from an old systems and methods cover from Huey Mahl,however, I purchased the card in 1987 and the name A Cunningham from Las Vegas is on it. The Y graph is your horse pool the next graph is the T graph for total pool and the last graph is a P graph which is the place odds. On the P graph there is a star. I sort of remember you put a straightedge lining up your horse with the total place pool and compared it to the star. Does anyone remember if your wager was supposed to be above the star or below the star. I know there will be lots of jokes about stars but its an easy system to follow since I have the total pools from Brisnet on my computer. I'm thinking its above the star because on the instructions you put the straightedge upwards if you horse is not the favorite and downwards if your horse (Y) is the favorite. On the flip side of the card there are 3 columns one is odds second is bet % place and the third is payoff. If anyone knows what this is all about I'd like an explaination. This could be a nice support system to watch while I do my normal handicapping and wagering. Thanks!

JoeLong
08-24-2009, 08:12 AM
TimTam,

Are you still looking for Instruction Sheet K for Huey Mahl's Place Nomograph? Send me a line and I'll send you the booklet.

JoeLong