PDA

View Full Version : SKYDIVING @ Santa Anita

Badactor
12-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Opening Day...
SKYDIVING @ Santa Anita (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFoMbL3t-s)

PhantomOnTour
12-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Any of ya'll ever gone skydiving? I did it once, on my 30th birthday...the plan was hatched a few nights before with help from booze, bravado and a gal named Carmen.

Tandem jump from 10,000ft over Gonzales, Louisiana.
What a thrill.

redshift1
12-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Any of ya'll ever gone skydiving? I did it once, on my 30th birthday...the plan was hatched a few nights before with help from booze, bravado and a gal named Carmen.

Tandem jump from 10,000ft over Gonzales, Louisiana.
What a thrill.

Once at Lake Elsinore using the old style parachutes from 2500 ft. At the time static lines were used for beginners so you jumped by yourself and the chute hopefully opened automatically.

The girl I jumped with had a streamer fortunately she pulled her emergency chute.

Not for the faint of heart.

Dave Schwartz
12-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Never made a free fall but parachuting was definitely an experience I treasure.

Then, in my late-30's I discovered I had a fear of heights. Go figure.

cj's dad
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I LOVE Santa Anita !! I will (want to ) go back before I die !!

bigmack
12-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Years ago I had a chum that was the head of a skydiving club. He kept buggin' me saying I'd love it. I finally said okie dokie. Jump was scheduled for a Saturday.

Friday night me and another bud hauled some fun girls out of an Irish Pub. Skydiving guy came over Sat AM to roust me for "the jump." He saw a trail a clothes from the dining room to my BR. Knocked on said BR door and received no response.

I got a call a few hours later that he had perished in a jump where his chute failed to open. Made a mental note not to jump out of plane with or without a chute.

Have lived up to that note ever since.

PaceAdvantage
12-28-2010, 11:58 PM
bigmack....the 2nd most interesting man in the world... :lol: