PDA

View Full Version : Mission accomplished. 12/26.

Enigma
12-26-2010, 05:20 PM
For those of you who followed my recent 100 selections on this thread this is to update you that I posted another 100 selections on E- Ponies which were completed today 12/26. They returned a positive R.O.I. of 18.0%. without rebates and a winners rate of 53.5% This is now 700 selections I have posted showing a positive R.O.I.

I leave on Wednesday for my gulf-front condo in Florida returning the first week in March. I will then post another 100 selections till then stay healthy and profitable.

lamboguy
12-26-2010, 05:49 PM
i missed those plays, but congradulations on another fine run. i hope you do it many times over in the coming years.

bugboy
12-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Well I don't know much 'bout handicapping at all. but I'd have to say that Enigma has to be one of the best if not THE best handicapper around here. After posting 700 races and showing a profit!!!!
I ain't seen this done by you other so called pros with all your 700.00 programs.

But anyway, good luck to you all

teddy
12-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Well I don't know much 'bout handicapping at all. but I'd have to say that Enigma has to be one of the best if not THE best handicapper around here. After posting 700 races and showing a profit!!!!
I ain't seen this done by you other so called pros with all your 700.00 programs.

EXACTLY....NONE OF THEM EVER DO THAT... WONDER WHY

Solid_Gold
12-27-2010, 02:30 PM

Well Bug, did you verify the results before making this statement? I really don't think that everyone on here has a system or computer program that they're trying to sell you. Therefore its the ones trying to sell you something that boast of their results. I actually handicap every race I post with a red pen and a DRF. I simply post free selections based on what I deem to be my best opinion on a race.
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't lump every handicapper into the same category because as you stated you don't know much about handicapping.

Thanks

Enigma
12-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Solid Gold,
Please clarify your comments about verify the results, are you questioning my 700 selection performance? I can assure you my selections are well documented and I can produce statements from my ADW facility for the period I posted 100 selection batches.I have never boasted about my performance and have no desire to sell my approach. I select one horse per race and post every single result, good or bad. To post 4 selections per race over a multitude of races without follow up results is meaningless. Any average horse player will hit about 70.0% winners posting 4 selections per race.

If I am misguided by the content of your post, I apologize in advance.

Regards,

enigma.

pandy
12-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Several people post their picks on this forum but they don't include the results. Enigma is a great handicapper.

teddy
12-28-2010, 10:28 AM

I read this to mean that not one of the guys that run htr, jcapper, ect, ever post long runs of documented plays in the selection area. They are probably making so much money that they dont care.

Bennie
12-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Enigma --will be waiting your return. I used your selections as a "key" horse and played exotics and made an even higher return, but that is just my way of using your picks. I did miss out on some hits as a result of not using the correct horses with your picks but again that by my choice. The best part for me is the fact that you only list a few horses a day and it helps me be very selective in my plays. Less races played, less money laid out but better return on my dollar. The other thing is that you post your 1 horse per race and show a profit where most others list 3 to 4 horses per race and then claim to have the winners in 8 out of 10 races.
I followed you here and at e-ponies and was impressed at both sites. Can't wait till your return in March so I can make a little more scratch before the dash to the Derby.

joemc44
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
i know enigma from this site and at e-ponies, he is very selective on his pics, and only post's one horse per race. he has a high win % and a positive roi, for the two years that i know him at e-ponies.

lsosa54
12-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Several people post their picks on this forum but they don't include the results. Enigma is a great handicapper.

Pandy: You've been around these forums a long time and your background and long experience as a handicapper and system developer is well known, so your comment about Enigma has a real impact on me.

I have not seen anyone else do what he has done. I've monitored two of his profitable 100 play 'sessions', both here and at EPonies, and he posts his plays before the fact and updates his results on a daily basis. I have no reason to doubt his other profitable 'sessions', and in any case, I'm sure he has the records.

While I'm sure there are other profitable 'cappers out there whether they use software or their own methods, they have just not documented it like Enigma has for all to see.

Enigma
12-29-2010, 09:23 AM
A couple of comments before I leave for Florida this morning.

Thank you for your kind comments and support.

Also, a few years back Steve Wolson, originator of the Powerline methods posted 500 selections on this board and showed a single digit positive R.O.I.
Credit where credit is due.

Regards,

Enigma.

lamboguy
12-29-2010, 10:12 AM
i know enigma from this site and at e-ponies, he is very selective on his pics, and only post's one horse per race. he has a high win % and a positive roi, for the two years that i know him at e-ponies.
he sounds like a pretty stand up guy. i hope he keeps winning his plays whether he post's here or anywhere else. he has proven to me that you can systematicly win at this game if you know how to put the percentages in your favor. my personal results are not even in the same zip code as this guy, i am a loser before rebate.

teddy
12-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Lambo you are not a loser! Just in the red. Almost all players are in the red, even with rebates and I mean the large rebates. If they are in the positive with rebates, then they are most likely very rich people. They have mastered the art of spreading money and rake in the much larger rebate. It would take me a year to post 500 but I am confident that positive double digit returns would be in my wheelhouse.

lamboguy
12-29-2010, 10:59 AM
the thing about enigma was that he posted his stuff early in the morning before anyone could figure out a track bias, and he won. i try to keep notes on tracks that have bias and the horses running with or against the bias and then bet from there. i watched the november 16 date at philly park and it was impossible to win a race on the inside. those horses that looked awful came back and won their next time out. in one instance there were 2 of them in the same race and they wound up combining for a $110 exacta. if you ever want to follow a bias track, do the mountain. i am sick that they closed until march, this was usually the best time of the year for them.

riskman
12-29-2010, 11:31 AM
For those of you who followed my recent 100 selections on this thread this is to update you that I posted another 100 selections on E- Ponies which were completed today 12/26. They returned a positive R.O.I. of 18.0%. without rebates and a winners rate of 53.5% This is now 700 selections I have posted showing a positive R.O.I.

I leave on Wednesday for my gulf-front condo in Florida returning the first week in March. I will then post another 100 selections till then stay healthy and profitable.

Nice capping there Enigma. Been following you here and at E-Ponies. You are the real deal. I wager most everyday and have developed my own set of spot plays. If your pick also appeared on my spot play list it added more confidence to my play and usually used as a single in my pick 3 and 4's. and sometimes as a Key in my Tri's. If the odds were favorable, I also used as a win bet.
Have a great winter in the Gulf and look forward to seeing you posting selections in the spring.

Learned Hand35
12-29-2010, 11:53 AM

I have enjoyed following your picks Enigma and applaud you. Do you ever feel like you are tempting the Racing Gods by posting them? I have no numbers to back it up, but I swear when I publically announce/post my picks my ROI falls into the toilet. :D

Solid_Gold
12-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Seems this Enigma, has a loyal following on various boards!
So I salute the great and powerful Enigma on a job well done.

teddy
12-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes im looking forward to 2011, my hot date for tomorrow and enigmas return so i can whip up on him some more. I am running an epony experiment, that went 4 for 4 winners today. By March I will be ready to make a pretzel out of him. LOL I LOVE competition.

OCF
12-30-2010, 11:04 PM
I enjoyed both Enigma's picks and your picks, Teddy. Wish I could see more from both of you.:ThmbUp:

teddy
12-30-2010, 11:43 PM
My business is insane these days but I will attempt to post more picks. I dont think my place and show picks are really mainstream, most are looking for big licks. I am happy just knowing I take more from them than they do from me. $50 a day is alot over months. Few loss days and low stress.

OCF
12-31-2010, 08:51 AM
My business is insane these days but I will attempt to post more picks. I dont think my place and show picks are really mainstream, most are looking for big licks.

My $.02 is don't worry about the mainstream, the mainstream loses $ at this game.

If you can show a positive ROI over a long time period betting place and show, I'll be thoroughly impressed. I'm not being a smarta$$, based on what I saw before I really think you have a fighting chance of doing it.

teddy
12-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Its taken a long time to do and research out the wazoo. I have been looking at races so long Its like my brain sends out red flags on its own if a horse is vulnerable. Second nature as they say. Once every 3 days is about all I can find time for, one day I will get it automated so I can reap its benifits daily. Now wouldnt that be fun.

CBedo
12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
For Enigma to post such a high hit rate and positive roi over an extended period of time is very impressive. Even though someone with a high win rate doesn't have as many extended losing streaks as some of us with lower hit rates, I applaud him for handling any bad runs as well as he does. Being that selective would drive me crazy trying to get off the schnide. Being much less selective, I don't have time to worry about losing streaks; I just fire my way out of them by making lots of bets.

Have a happy new year, and I look forward to Enigma's posts when he gets back.

(P.S. Just because I've had a few beers, I'll totally toot my own horn. People think you can't post picks here and be profitable over a large numbers of bets. I didn't post anywhere close to the number Enigma did, but if you search the Selections forum for "IBF2," you'll see that I posted 173 bets in one week from an automated model that had 61 winners (35.3% winners) and returned $410.60 for the $346 bet (+18.7% return). Probably a fluke, but still a pretty fun week!