PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

Jay Trotter
12-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Time to hand out a few Christmas Presents

Some from the naughty list and some from the good list

For PaceAdvantage, one full month without having to "ban" anyone for misbehaviour!

For lamboguy, gold at $1,600!

For all those playing "Ridersup Inner Dirt" a killer Pick 4!

For Boxcar, a lump of coal! (Originally, he was going to get a box of chocolates)

Merry Christmas One and All

Add to the list as you see fit

PhantomOnTour
12-24-2010, 10:00 AM
for PA i give a huge oversized Zenyatta fathead to put on his wall :ThmbUp:

for Boxcar i give a foot stool so that you may hopefully step down off your high horse :lol:

for Tom i give you spell check :lol:

for DaHoss i give a lil sugar so that he may sweeten up a bit :p

for chickenhead i give nothing but hope you would post here more often...you are the funniest member of this board imo (that Turkey Stearns-Rickey Henderson post had me rrrrrrrolling)

for cj's dad i give a beach sized Terrible Towel :)

and for trainer George Weaver(not a member) i owe him a VERY nice dinner at the finest 5 star restaurant...you are my pet trainer and still get nice overlays every year in NY :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Ofcourse this is all in fun ya'll and seriously, Merry Christmas to all of you. The last half of 2010 has been a very trying time professionally and personally for me, and Christmas has an extra special meaning for me this year. Very much looking forward to spending time with my immediate and extended family this weekend. Hug them all and let them know how you feel about them.
Travel safely ya'll.

Robert Goren
12-24-2010, 10:30 AM
For Boxcar, a lump of coal! (Originally, he was going to get a box of chocolates)

He already has the greatest Christmas gift there ever was. Merry Christmas Boxcar.

Tom
12-24-2010, 10:34 AM
for Tom i give you spell check :lol:

Gee, thenks a lit. I opreciate it!:D

Hey Trotter, can I have the chocolates? :kiss:

johnhannibalsmith
12-24-2010, 10:56 AM
To Detective Robert: That word that's missing from every other sentence. :D

johnhannibalsmith
12-24-2010, 10:59 AM
To Mostpost: The HTML Tag/Code Guide For Dummies. :p

johnhannibalsmith
12-24-2010, 11:01 AM
To Newtothegame: A new avatar because I always envision a lion types those posts. :(

johnhannibalsmith
12-24-2010, 11:03 AM
To Skate: Welp, I um... gitcha this ring and, and, and... it's for the dakotas babe. :cool:

Robert Goren
12-24-2010, 11:08 AM
To Detective Robert: That word that's missing from every other sentence. :DI certainly need it. Would you be my proof-reader next year?;) I am thinking of coming out with a book next year. It will contain all the words I left out of posts. It may take two volumes.

Grits
12-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I WANT THAT CAR!!!

I would love for one of you fine gentlemen to give me that LEXUS with the big red bow on top!

You guys know, the one you see on tv, where the woman is eyes wide open thrilled!

Parked right out on my drive tomorrow morning would be fine. (I'll cook us breakfast. Fix Bloody Mary's, too!)

I've been real good, Santa knows. I already told him.

Beachbabe
12-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all:

To P.A. for the best Racing forum on the net.
To Jay Trotter (and Eddy) for all the hard work in running these contests.

To all the good people here who made me feel welcome.
P.O.T, I hope 2011 is a better year for you & Grits, I hope you get that car.

To the horses who always give their best without much reward.
To the riders who risk life & limb everytime they go out on the track.
To the trainers who are up early & caring for their charges.

And to all the servicemen & women who are in harm's way so far from home.

Grits
12-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Merry Christmas to all:

To P.A. for the best Racing forum on the net.
To Jay Trotter (and Eddy) for all the hard work in running these contests.

To all the good people here who made me feel welcome.
P.O.T, I hope 2011 is a better year for you & Grits, I hope you get that car.

To the horses who always give their best without much reward.
To the riders who risk life & limb everytime they go out on the track.
To the trainers who are up early & caring for their charges.

And to all the servicemen & women who are in harm's way so far from home.

Beach, I can ditto all you've said. It takes a woman to cover all the bases, and you've done an outstanding job--I have to add our two moderators along with P.A. And so many of our great handicappers. Everyone here brings so much to this board

The car thing was for fun. I have a fine one, but still, I've been seeing those thrilled women for years now!! I feel surely Santa must know by now I'm worthy. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:lol:

Joy, love and blessings to you and your family.;)

boxcar
12-24-2010, 03:05 PM

He already has the greatest Christmas gift there ever was. Merry Christmas Boxcar.

Thank you, Robert. You hit the bull's eye dead center -- "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son..." There is no greater gift. I would to God that everyone would humbly receive it.

And Merry Christmas to your and yours.

And likewise to everyone else here on the forum. Some of us have had our moments on this forum this past year, but in a real sense we're like a big family and not immune to family squabbles.

I thank PA for his infinite patience and for providing us with a great forum -- arguably the best on the web (see, I can be diplomatic :D ).

However, I do miss one former participant, who I hope is okay. I sorely miss Show Me The Wire and all the fine contributions he used to make to discussions. Does anyone know what happened to him? (SMTW, if you're out there, I miss ya and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.)

Boxcar

newtothegame
12-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all. For all of our sometimes crazy discussions, know that I appreciate each and everyone one of you all!
P.S.....John...this avatar better? lol

NJ Stinks
12-24-2010, 04:02 PM
To PA, many thanks for putting up with all of us! :cool: And for making me laugh out loud with this astute observation: "First vote. Then go nuts."

To Robert Goren and Johnhannibalsmith, good health and the happiness that goes with it. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

To Hcap and Mostpost, a big pat on the back for being the most consistent voices of reason in Off Topic year in and year out. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

To Boxcar and Bigmack, another bulldozer so you guys can keep moving the pile.

To Secretariat and Slewis, the time to visit Off Topic more often.

To our Canadian posters here in Off Topic, contentment in knowing that I always look forward to reading your views on the state of the union. :ThmbUp:

To Lefty and BlueShoe, an overdue pair of glasses.

To Andy, a new spoon to stir with.

To Chickenhead, a post that doesn't make sense. (Just to make some of us feel better about ourselves. ;) )

And finally to 46zilzal, a reprieve from the governor. :ThmbUp:

P.S. If I failed to mention you above and you are on the left side of the aisle, I hope you enjoy your Lame Duck tomorrow! :cool: And if I failed to mention you and you are on the wrong side of the aisle, I hope you get a year's supply of Excedrin Extra Strength in your stocking tomorrow! :p :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!

boxcar
12-24-2010, 04:27 PM
To PA, many thanks for putting up with all of us! :cool: And for making me laugh out loud with this astute observation: "First vote. Then go nuts."

To Robert Goren and Johnhannibalsmith, good health and the happiness that goes with it. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

To Hcap and Mostpost, a big pat on the back for being the most consistent voices of reason in Off Topic year in and year out. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

To Boxcar and Bigmack, another bulldozer so you guys can keep moving the pile.

To Secretariat and Slewis, the time to visit Off Topic more often.

To our Canadian posters here in Off Topic, contentment in knowing that I always look forward to reading your views on the state of the union. :ThmbUp:

To Lefty and BlueShoe, an overdue pair of glasses.

To Andy, a new spoon to stir with.

To Chickenhead, a post that doesn't make sense. (Just to make some of us feel better about ourselves. ;) )

And finally to 46zilzal, a reprieve from the governor. :ThmbUp:

P.S. If I failed to mention you above and you are on the left side of the aisle, I hope you enjoy your Lame Duck tomorrow! :cool: And if I failed to mention you and you are on the wrong side of the aisle, I hope you get a year's supply of Excedrin Extra Strength in your stocking tomorrow! :p :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!

I'm in the market for one. Just make sure it's a John Deere. Appreciate it. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

mostpost
12-24-2010, 04:55 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS
To Newtothegame for being able to disagree with me and carry on a conversation without personal rancor and insults......most of the time.

To Boxcar for being able to disagree with me and carry on a conversation without personal rancor and insults.........................none of the time.

To Tom, as Bob Hope sang; "you may have been a bother, but you never were a bore." On second thought, change "may have been" to "certainly were."

To Slewis for your #@%$^^&&* charming and &*(%^$* kindly discourse with the right on this board.

To NJ for keeping things in perspective and providing a voice of reason.
And many laughs.

To Hcap for being the darn best and most thorough voice of the liberal on this Forum; bar none.

To Joanied and Grits for being way prettier and much smarter than the rest of us (Men).

To Lsbets, Arljim78, Wisconsin, Bigmack, Delayjf, and all the righties I've forgotten for challenging me and helping keep my mind active and supple.

To Just Ralph for the cutie in the Santa outfit.

To Everyone, my sincere wishes that you enjoy this Christmas in the only way that really matters; with your family and loved ones, who give you PRESENTS!!!!!! LOTS OF PRESENTS!!!!!!! MANY, MANY PRESENTS!!!!!!!!!!!

RaceBookJoe
12-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I finally got the ultimate Christmas gift. This year I asked Santa Claus to bring me a device that would make my car run 95% quieter, which he did...and it fits perfectly over her mouth :jump:

Merry Christmas to everyone here at Pace Advantage...and to the owner who gives us the best place on the internet to express ourselves and talk horses. May your 2011 be a great one filled with clear skies and fast tracks. rbj

Grits
12-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Merry Christmas to all my PA friends. I hope each of you are surrounded by the love and joy of your family and friends.

After gathering with my family last night for great food and a light drink or two, or three, and lots of photo taking, my son and I went to midnight service at church, though it begins earlier these days, at 10:30 pm, not midnight like it used to, the service, the communion, the music, the greenery and the poinsettias were all beautiful.

There's always been a contentment about walking out after church into the cold, cold night at 1:00 a.m in the morning. Everything is quiet and still. Christmas is finally here; God is with us. I love our walk to the car in the night air, the short drive home looking at all the Christmas lights still on in so many houses . . . its been part of my life since I can remember.

Many, many, blessings to each of you and your families. May the holiday bring you much love and peace. And may those serving throughout the world know our deep and abiding appreciation.

johnhannibalsmith
12-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh crap, NJStinks... I did run out and get you something... a real smoke.

http://achatcigarettes.com/images/items/achat-parliament-lights-cigarettes-159.gif

And yeah Slewis... I found this one for those lonely days without access to religious insight at PA off-topic

http://www.prankplace.com/images/specialdeals/box_crap.jpg

...and they tossed in this calendar...

http://www.metrosantacruz.com/metro/12.07.05/gifs/rev-0549.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
12-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Boxcar, I was thinking of you, though I admit - I used the USPS to ship it out to you and one for Tom and one for Fast4422 - so they may get there a little late...

It's never too late to show your solidarity with our Musslim brothers and sistahs.

http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/JonahBurka1.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
12-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Of course, Jason (BALLS), I saved your present for last - the best one, because it's the gift that keeps on giving.

This guy here has a special announcement - please take a seat in the chair next to him - you will be replacing him and you can add seven zeros to the end of your current salary.

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/6c/c4/4024e1c94761bbb735401b2f07df.jpeg

fast4522
12-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Boxcar, I was thinking of you, though I admit - I used the USPS to ship it out to you and one for Tom and one for Fast4422 - so they may get there a little late...

It's never too late to show your solidarity with our Musslim brothers and sistahs.

http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/JonahBurka1.jpg

Lenghtwise

johnhannibalsmith
12-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Lenghtwise

That reminds me... damnit, I almost forgot those word puzzle books for Overlay, GreyFox, and Falconridge.

Good luck guys.

http://www.ruslania.com/pictures/big/300103-interes_krossvord.jpg

Rookies
12-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Funny, I was thinking on Christmas Eve of starting a thread like this, but there are just way too many sharps here...;)

So, a first off congrats to fellow North of the border citoyen Jay and thanks for your occasional support; :ThmbUp:

And then right to a personal apology to (I hope) JHS, who I used the broadsword on in a primary blaze of anger, rather than reason;:ThmbUp:

To PA, who has the unique Solomon like task of balancing and ruling the frequently bizaare rabble here a thumbs up for your leadership and calling out the truly outrageous thoughts :ThmbUp:

To the usual suspect Lefties, keep up the good , uphill work, my fine fellows; ;)

To Grits, refined, Southern babe, all the best to you and your son... adn elevate the tone of drawl at the Spa next year, so I can find you beautiful!;)

To JR, your talents are certainly lost on the CIA, given your access to so many varied sources... ( well- supportive ones for your Weltanschauung :rolleyes: )

Tom, I PROMISE not to body check you into the glass of Dino's if you come for a Pre-Spa beer in 2011

Box, notwithstanding your prepos...(think good seasonal thoughts...think good thoughts...:D ) a very Merry Christmas and invite your neighbour lesbos over for egg nog and services at your Church! :jump:

Blue Shoe... keep up the Reds under every bed, nook and cranny... I didn';tthink there were anymore Lubor J. Zinc's left in the universe, but you qualify sir...

BM... sticjk with ytour strong suit... that eclectic music universe...

CJ & Daddio... Hope to finally meet you next year...

Al... GREAT to meet you and broaden those geographic horizons sir... Time runs on and the planet is a neat place...

To the usual suspect righties, including ArlJim and a few others, your thoughts are often more balanced and intersting than some of the constant hectoring ad absurum that goes on here...

And to all a good night, health, happiness and prosperity for you and you families in 2011.:D

fast4522
12-25-2010, 04:43 PM
To all of this country's men and women currently serving, a safe a speedy return home. To those in the armed forces returning home soon, a job and a better welcome home. To all those here on Pace Advantage a bottle of Jack Daniels and good luck for the new year.

skate
12-25-2010, 06:38 PM
To Skate: Welp, I um... gitcha this ring and, and, and... it's for the dakotas babe. :cool:

geez..what a douche, she thinks i read her crap;) yepper.

Tom
12-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Tom, I PROMISE not to body check you into the glass of Dino's if you come for a Pre-Spa beer in 2011

If you let me know a few weeks in advance, I will take a half a day off and meet you for lunch....at Dino's, on me. But no ice skates. I tip over easily.:D

Dave Schwartz
12-25-2010, 07:37 PM
You guys are too much. Scream and yell at (or with) each other all year in Off Topic and then give all these great gifts - except for maybe that $50 bag of sh*t (which I bought on sale for only $14.95).

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Dave

PS: Mosty, some of my Christmas presents did not get delivered again this year. Would you please get your horse-playin' mail buddies to quit heisting them? :D

PPS: Gritsy, I would have sent the Lexus but they were out of Red Ribbons.

nijinski
12-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Wishing everyone at PA a healthy , happy year.
Also sending wishes for everyone to have a banner
year of handicapping success!!!

Grits
12-25-2010, 09:06 PM
PPS: Gritsy, I would have sent the Lexus but they were out of Red Ribbons.

Dave, its the thought that counts, darlin'. I know your heart's in the right place.:lol:

Hope you and Beth have had a beautiful holiday season!!

cj's dad
12-25-2010, 10:56 PM
No matter what is said here on PA off topic- I will welcome everyone to the PA tent. Our opinions are what make this country great- Hope to see everyone this summer.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all !!!