Beachbabe
12-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Late pick 4 starting on race 5:

:3: :7:
:1: :5:
:2: :5: :8:
:2: :7:

race 5
:3: Close It out won his first time out drawing away against mdn claimers. 3rd place runner came back to win his next out.
:7: Kippers N' Eggs was an even 4th against similar after breaking mdn by 8. Top jock & trainer.

Race 6
:1: Universal Soul has the numbers to succeed; goes turf to dirt
:5: Missing Edward...Hess shipper , claimed in last

race 7
:2: Dancing Rage beat better two back
:5: Hannahs princess...usually in tri
:8: Cumana has run big figs on turf recently; steadied in last

Beachbabe
12-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Lost the first leg when Lopez out-rode garcia through the stretch (what else is new?)

Pick 3 starting on race 6:

:1: :5:
:2: :5: :8:
:2: :7:

racd 8
:2: Palzee Walzee has won at the distance; is 8 for 10 itm at Calder
:7: Marilla...Kaplan is on a roll. Horse has 4 seconds/ 2 thirds in last 6. two works since getting claimed in last

Solid_Gold
12-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Hello beachbabe, I have a question if I may?
Do you actually make a profit betting P3 or P4's? I only ask because it seems to me that tying bankroll up into 3-4 races limits ones chances to win on a per race basis. So I'm asking does the risk equal the reward on a P3 or 4 vs. just betting each race, I guess.

Thanks

Beachbabe
12-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Hello beachbabe, I have a question if I may?
Do you actually make a profit betting P3 or P4's? I only ask because it seems to me that tying bankroll up into 3-4 races limits ones chances to win on a per race basis. So I'm asking does the risk equal the reward on a P3 or 4 vs. just betting each race, I guess.

Thanks

I may have said this before. This year is my first year with a positive ROI. Not much, I assure you, but a heckuva lot better than I/we ever did before. I'd say that at least 75% of my bets have been pick 3's & 4's. I'm not claiming pick 3's etc is the reason for my best year. It's more due to the reason, I've concentrated on one, maybe two tracks or circuits. It's not coincidence that last Jan, I stopped buying the printed DRF where 5 or 6 tracks were in the publication and switched to DRF single track downloads or brisnet downloads.
One negative aspect of betting almost exclusively vertical wagers is that I find it much more difficult to glean the winner; to narrow a race down to ONE horse. But as you may see, I don't ever BUY races. Wirh my limited bankroll, I have to narrow a race down to 2, 3 , rarely 4 runners; and I have singled a race more often than I've spread over 3 horses.
So far the rewards have overcome the risks.

Solid_Gold
12-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I may have said this before. This year is my first year with a positive ROI. Not much, I assure you, but a heckuva lot better than I/we ever did before. I'd say that at least 75% of my bets have been pick 3's & 4's. I'm not claiming pick 3's etc is the reason for my best year. It's more due to the reason, I've concentrated on one, maybe two tracks or circuits. It's not coincidence that last Jan, I stopped buying the printed DRF where 5 or 6 tracks were in the publication and switched to DRF single track downloads or brisnet downloads.
One negative aspect of betting almost exclusively vertical wagers is that I find it much more difficult to glean the winner; to narrow a race down to ONE horse. But as you may see, I don't ever BUY races. Wirh my limited bankroll, I have to narrow a race down to 2, 3 , rarely 4 runners; and I have singled a race more often than I've spread over 3 horses.
So far the rewards have overcome the risks.

Thank you for the courteous response, once your bank builds you will have many more options it seems. I asked because I don't like tying my $$$ up over multiple races especially when 1 or more of those races may not be a bettable race for me. It's like you have to cash 3-4 or 6 bets just to win one! That irks the heck out of me so I wager on a per race basis only.

Best of luck to you