PDA

View Full Version : NYRA and OTBs get video streaming

point given
12-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Starting tomorrow. Merry Holidays to all .:jump:

http://www.drf.com/news/ny-racetracks-otbs-get-approval-video-stream-races

excerpt;
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board has given the state’s racetracks and regional Off-Track Betting corporations approval to video-stream races for one year, effective immediately.

The state’s five regional OTBs were likely to begin video-streaming races as early as Thursday, but the New York Racing Association – which is currently conducting racing at Aqueduct – is not expected to begin video-streaming before its next live racing date, Dec. 29.

Charlie D
12-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Nice little Xmas pressie for NYRA fans.

Spiderman
12-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Nice little Xmas pressie for NYRA fans.

Exactly my thought when I read drf arcticle.

Jasonm921
12-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Maybe there will be an APP for that.

Spendabuck85
12-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Here is response from Twinspires who currently have to black out NYRA races to NYS residents:
We have not yet received word on whether we will be able to open up our video feeds to our NY customers. We would be more than happy to offer these services to all those who live in NY, but have not received permission, as of today, to do so. Please look forward to having this feature in the future should we have permission.

titans1127
12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
So does this mean just NYRA will be alowed to he streamed or can the states harness tracks be streamed as well? Right now if you live in NY twinspires allows betting on all NY tracks but no live video, just replays. With xpressbet only NYRA and FL can be bet on with anything harness being blocked.

jeebus1083
12-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Any update from Twinspires on getting the NY track signals to NY residents?

SchagFactorToWin
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Any update from Twinspires on getting the NY track signals to NY residents?
Live video may only be for in-state ADWs. My ADW (horseplayersbet.com) is trying to get clarification.

Rico8812
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
I have a SaratogaBets account and they were streaming everything today. I called and asked if they'll stream NYRA as well and was told yes.

Charlie D
12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stories/Dec282010.shtml

Dos anyone know if they intend to have a Live stream of thier own races on thier NYRA website like other US tracks.

cj
12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/stories/Dec282010.shtml

Dos anyone know if they intend to have a Live stream of thier own races on thier NYRA website like other US tracks.

Sounds like no to me.

Charlie D
12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Sounds like no to me.

Socal does. Keeneland does and numerous others, but NYRA not doing it seems a bit silly to me.

OTM Al
12-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Socal does. Keeneland does and numerous others, but NYRA not doing it seems a bit silly to me.

It all depends on exactly what they were given permission to do doesn't it? They finally get a huge concession like this that they have wanted all along but still not good enough.

Tom
12-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Understand it is not their fault, but the very idea of any track now showing its own video is ridiculous. Our game is shackled by small, dead minds. :ThmbDown:

Learned Hand35
12-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Our game is shackled by small, dead minds. :ThmbDown:

:ThmbUp:

...and the ultimate reason why it is on life support.

Spiderman
12-29-2010, 10:03 AM
I will not be receiving video streaming from home in NJ. NYRA wants to charge njbets a fee for video streaming, which nj does not want to pay. Nj accepts action on NYRA races and I can view replays, at about 8 minutes after race. This industry gets dumber. I will dramatically reduce my play on NYRA races to a few horizontal wagers.

Charlie D
12-29-2010, 10:22 AM
I understand that NYRA itself can not do anything without getting mummy and daddy's permission Tom and it iis the small,dead mind section of NY racing i was thinking of in the previous post and not the actual NYRA of Serling, Donovan, Blewitt, Hayward and so on :)

Apologies for the misleading part in the earlier post

cj
12-29-2010, 11:11 AM
It all depends on exactly what they were given permission to do doesn't it? They finally get a huge concession like this that they have wanted all along but still not good enough.

Did they ask permission to stream on their site?

Spendabuck85
12-29-2010, 11:57 AM
I have a SaratogaBets account and they were streaming everything today. I called and asked if they'll stream NYRA as well and was told yes.

I believe that is because they are an "In State" ADW just like Capital OTB is allowed to stream NYRA.
No live NYRA feed on Twinspires today for NY residents.

OTM Al
12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Did they ask permission to stream on their site?

Doubt it but have no idea what they asked for though I think it would be safe to assume they only asked for streaming on their own ADW. Seriously though, if they aren't allowed to have their signal streamed on Twin Spires to NY residents, do you really think they would be allowed to show the video for free on the main site? One piece at a time here. Maybe someday but it's not worth burning political capital on something like that right now when there are bigger issues to deal with. Getting what they have so far wasn't even a given going in. I know it's human nature to always want more and to want it now, but it don't work that way when dealing with governments, especially one as corrupt as NY. As it is they only have streaming rights for a year.

Tom
12-29-2010, 12:36 PM
First things first.......try to get more than 3 horses a race before you worry about video! :rolleyes: Welcome to Santa Anitaduct.

Is this game really worth playing anymore??? :bang:

Dahoss9698
12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
I will not be receiving video streaming from home in NJ. NYRA wants to charge njbets a fee for video streaming, which nj does not want to pay. Nj accepts action on NYRA races and I can view replays, at about 8 minutes after race. This industry gets dumber. I will dramatically reduce my play on NYRA races to a few horizontal wagers.

They haven't been streaming on NJbets for a long time. You're just now going to dramatically reduce your play because of this?

Storm Cadet
12-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Video streaming today was OK lots of buffering problems. I dont know if that was my netbook or so many more people were watching today for the first time. My you tube vids were ok today but even NYRA race replays are poor and choppy post race.

Spiderman
12-29-2010, 10:39 PM
They haven't been streaming on NJbets for a long time. You're just now going to dramatically reduce your play because of this?
It's been 2-3 months since video was cut from njbets. I did reduce play because of that. Now, there seemed to be a promise of video streaming on the nyra website that did not come to fruition and I've had enough. Only $16 P4, today and my handle averages $250 per day. That is DRAMATIC, if YOU don't mind and it will continue that way until I can view the pre-race.

OTM Al
12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
It's been 2-3 months since video was cut from njbets. I did reduce play because of that. Now, there seemed to be a promise of video streaming on the nyra website that did not come to fruition and I've had enough. Only $16 P4, today and my handle averages $250 per day. That is DRAMATIC, if YOU don't mind and it will continue that way until I can view the pre-race.

No, there was promise of streaming video for their ADW, which there was.

Dahoss9698
12-30-2010, 12:25 AM

It's been off njbets for WAY longer than 2-3 months.

jeebus1083
12-30-2010, 08:03 PM
I believe that is because they are an "In State" ADW just like Capital OTB is allowed to stream NYRA.
No live NYRA feed on Twinspires today for NY residents.

New York residents should be able to watch any race at any NY racetrack online -- regardless of ADW. It should not be restricted to just New York-based ADW services. To me, New York is violating anti-trust laws by doing this. If a New Yorker wants to bet with Twinspires and Xpressbet, they should be treated the same as a New Yorker who bets with NYRA Rewards, TVG/Yonkers, etc. Restricting the ability to watch NY races on the out-of-state ADWs is an unethical means of trying to lure players off these ADWs and onto a NY-based service, and at the same time, it is limiting the choice of the horseplayer. Twinspires offers perks such as free PPs, contests, and other rewards, and are accustomed to the interface. Why should I have to change my ADW so that I can watch NYRA online?

Rise Over Run
12-30-2010, 09:21 PM
It's been off njbets for WAY longer than 2-3 months.

Well more than 1 year, and probably closing in on 2 years at this point.