PDA

View Full Version : HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-03-2003, 07:52 AM
HELLO ALL,
HOPE EVERYONE IS FINE. MY SYTEM HAS BEEN VERY SLOW OF LATE. THE OTHER DAY IT LOCKED UP AND I HAD TO RE BOOT. AFTER THE REBOOT I WAS STILL HAVING PROBLEMS ,SO I DECIDED TO RUN THE RECOVERY CD THAT COMPAQ INCLUDED
WHEN I PURCHASED THE P.C. HERE IS THE WEIRD PART
I LOST SOME FILES BUT OTHER FILES I DIDNT.
NO PROBLEM WHAT EVER I LOST I CAN PUT BACK , RIGHT ?
TWO OF THE THINGS I LOST WAS FORMULATOR AND ADOBE READED . I WENT TO ADOBE WEB SITE AND DOWNLOADED
ADOBE READER 6.0 , AND I WENT TO DRF AND DOWN LOADED
FORMULATOR . WHEN I TRY TO GO INTO FOLMULATOR
I GET AN ERROR MSG MILLENNIUM HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN MILLENNIUM.EXE. MILLENNIUM WILL NOW CLOSE.

I HAVE TWO FILES FOR FORMULATOR THE 1 FILE WITH THE
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW IS USE FORMULATOR IS OK
THE OTHER MORE IMPORTANT FILE ( THE PROGRAM)
IS WHERE IM GETTING THE ERROR MSG. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED . EVERYONE HAVE A WINNING WEEKEND

JIMMY

Red Knave
10-03-2003, 09:51 AM
IrishLad
Did you have Adobe 6.0 before the problem? What I mean is, were you running version 5 or lower before?
If so, it could be that the old version needs to be fully uninstalled before you install version 6. In this case, I would uninstall version 6 and then uninstall any other version you may have, and then reinstall version 6.
I don't use Formulator, but if it needs the Adobe Reader then this could be what's causing the problem. I ran into this when I installed version 6. I couldn't open any Adobe files until I got rid of the other version I had installed.
HTH

GGS
10-03-2003, 02:42 PM
Jimmy, do you regularly run scandisk and defrag your hard drive(s)? Also, the symptoms of slowing down and crashing regularly can be caused by an unhealthy dose of 'spyware' and/or viruses. Previous forums address this potentially disastrous concern, and the software tools available to combat both.

Suff
10-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Jimmy.... You have files from The orginal installation still on your hard drive. Do two things.

1. Into Add/remove programs and remove Formulator. Yes Again.

2. Go into windows explorer and do a search for "Formulator" in "files only" and through your entire drive...Not simply in Program files. Search your entire drive.

You'll get 2 or 3..additionall files that come back. Right click and delete or simpy single click on them and hit the Delete key on your keyboard.

When they are gone.. download and re-install Formulator and you'll be all set.

Another thing Jimmy. I know your eyes are shot...but take off your Caps Lock. I'm not sure if you know you type in Caps? Jim... Caps are NG on message boards and e-mails. If you can't see what size your typing.. Look over on your top right corner of yoru keyboard... the middle light shoud not be lit.

Unless of course you know your typing in CAPS and you like to type in CAPS,,, then just keep on truckin...and I'm sorry for the free advice.

What a time we had up North huh Jim? It was great having you. Your on for next year wether we do a PA thing or not. I go every year and I'll always have a spot for you. Your great to be around and the best guy in the world to play the ponies with.

Sufferin !

Suff
10-03-2003, 03:29 PM
one more thing Jim.. EMPTY YOUR RECYCLE BIN

IRISHLADSTABLE
10-03-2003, 09:19 PM
RED I DIDNT HAVE ADOBE 6.0 BEFORE MY PROBLEMS.
I HAD 5.0 OR 4.0 . I DELETED 6.0 AND ADDED 5.0
I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM

CGS NO I DONT REGULARLY DEFRAG MY HARD DRIVE .
IM HAPPY I DID RUN THE RECOVERY C.D.
THE SYSTEM IS FASTER THEN EVER

SUFF SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS YOU KNOW MY EYES ARE SHOT
I'LL TRY YOUR IDEA REGARDING FORMULATOR . YES I HAD A GREAT
TIME AT SARATOGA . CANT WAIT FOR NEXT YEARS TRIP.
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND VS OAKLAND .
DO YOU HAVE TICKETS FOR THE PLAYOFF ?????????

ARE YOU GOING TO B IN THE WARROOM THIS WEEKEND ?

TALK TO U SOON

JIMMY

Red Knave
10-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Irish -
I have learned not to delete installed programs. Instead, use the Add/Remove Programs tool on the Control Panel. Many programs add stuff to the Windows Registry or to the Windows System directory that don't get cleaned up when you delete.
Also, FWIW, I think that the version 6 of Adobe Reader is better than version 5.
Keep us posted.