PDA

View Full Version : Is this story for real?

Donnie
12-22-2010, 05:18 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/22/clapper.terror.arrests.interview/index.html?hpt=T2

This has GOT to be a joke....right??????

Native Texan III
12-22-2010, 05:44 PM
"Smith said Clapper hadn't been "immediately briefed" because the event "didn't appear to have a homeland nexus and there was no immediate action by the DNI required."

She also said the "DNI was working throughout the day on important intelligence matters, including monitoring military and political developments on the Korean Peninsula, providing answers to questions concerning the ratification of the START nuclear treaty, and other classified issues."

Which week was he going to be briefed then - the week after?
Has an aircraft bound for USA from Heathrow a homeland nexus - whatever a nexus means in her mind? (nexus (Latin) = connection).
60 year old wars several thousand miles away are supposedly important - but terrorists just the other side of the Atlantic whose colleagues have crossed on aircraft in the recent past are not. Cannot DNI walk and chew gum at the same time?

ArlJim78
12-22-2010, 05:48 PM
yeah, the jokes on us.

good thing we've also got Janet "24/7/364" Napolitano on the case.

fast4522
12-22-2010, 06:54 PM
It is no joke, we have the most dysfunctional administration since the Carter. We have been dam lucky the last few years, if not for real Americans making a difference much would be different. We must give credit plus or minus as we go, in retrospect Jimmy Carter was a good man but a idiot none the less and we all know that one can be both. Some may see President George W. Bush in the same light as I see President Carter but we all have an opinion and mine is favorable of Bush and his ability to surround himself with the very best people to protect our homeland. Do you miss George W. Bush now???

bigmack
12-22-2010, 07:28 PM
What a perfect Kramden he pulled -

ye0aRpcbZC0

NJ Stinks
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Do you miss George W. Bush now???

Not even remotely.

highnote
12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Do you miss George W. Bush now???

Doesn't matter who is president -- after 8 years it is time to show them the door.

Our founders did not like kings for good reason.

redshift1
12-22-2010, 11:20 PM
It is no joke, we have the most dysfunctional administration since the Carter. We have been dam lucky the last few years, if not for real Americans making a difference much would be different. We must give credit plus or minus as we go, in retrospect Jimmy Carter was a good man but a idiot none the less and we all know that one can be both. Some may see President George W. Bush in the same light as I see President Carter but we all have an opinion and mine is favorable of Bush and his ability to surround himself with the very best people to protect our homeland. Do you miss George W. Bush now???

Most Presidential rankings rate Carter higher than GW.

Most sources indicate Carter's IQ 170 plus
Most sources indicate GW's IQ 123

I have no opinion on Carter's presidency but if he was in fact an idiot then GW was dumber than an idiot according to your logic.

bigmack
12-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I ain't doubtin' it but how about a source?

redshift1
12-22-2010, 11:36 PM
I ain't doubtin' it but how about a source?

Googled presidential rankings and presidential IQ'S

JustRalph
12-22-2010, 11:40 PM

I have no opinion on Carter's presidency but if he was in fact an idiot then GW was dumber than an idiot according to your logic.

once again,,,,,,, IQ isn't everything.........take it from me

bigmack
12-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Googled presidential rankings and presidential IQ'S
My Google is out. Roll over a couple of linkiepoo's.

dartman51
12-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Presidential IQs

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.asp

redshift1
12-23-2010, 12:08 AM
My Google is out. Roll over a couple of linkiepoo's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_St ates

http://www.ahealthymind.org/ans/library/Bush%20Simonton%20President%20IQ%2006.pdf

newtothegame
12-23-2010, 01:00 AM

You might be the only person I know attempting to hold Carter to anything near in a good light lol.
Next, what does "DYSFUNCTIONAL" have to do with one's IQ?
if you had read the post you were commenting on, you would notice IQ wasnt mentioned.

redshift1
12-23-2010, 02:18 AM
You might be the only person I know attempting to hold Carter to anything near in a good light lol.
Next, what does "DYSFUNCTIONAL" have to do with one's IQ?
if you had read the post you were commenting on, you would notice IQ wasnt mentioned.

The post clearly states "Jimmy Carter was a good man but a idiot"

An idiot is a mentally retarded person (from the dictionary).

Clearly the poster opened the door to verifying Carter's intellectual ability.

Warren Henry
12-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Many folks with high IQs have limited common sense. I put Carter in this category.

bigmack
12-23-2010, 02:28 AM
I have no opinion on Carter's presidency
My guess is that you're too young to have any recollection or knowledge. Take it from those that do. Jimmy was a pile of peanuts short of a miniature jar of Skippy.

JustRalph
12-23-2010, 02:52 AM
My guess is that you're too young to have any recollection or knowledge. Take it from those that do. Jimmy was a pile of peanuts short of a miniature jar of Skippy.

2nd the motion!

redshift1
12-23-2010, 03:56 AM

All I can remember from that period was Country Joe and the Fish singing:

Bass Strings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjoSM4uDcGM

bigmack
12-23-2010, 04:14 AM
All I can remember from that period was Country Joe and the Fish singing: ]
I don't believe that for a second with the exception of your proclivity as a 'pinko' for the name of the band. I kid.

The group's name is derived from communist dictatorship politics; "Country Joe" was a popular name for Joseph Stalin in the 1940s, while "the fish"
refers to Mao Tse-Tung's statement that the true revolutionary "moves through the peasantry as the fish does through water.

That tune is like one large barbiturate.

Pick up the pace & strap this on:

LBdeCxJmcAo

redshift1
12-23-2010, 04:51 AM
We cared not about his politics but the controversial, at the time lyrics,
like strange days.

jhilden
12-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Too young or memory dulled by lots of billy beer.

Carter had the brains to earn a degree in physics at the academy and completed post graduate work in nuclear physics...but then again, he addressed the nation telling us to turn down the thermostats wearing that Mr Rogers sweater.

Valuist
12-23-2010, 10:38 AM

Carter definitely had higher numbers than Bush:

1. Interest rates reaching as high as 21.5%
2. 14% inflation rate
3. Unemployment reaching 11.3%

http://mcauleysworld.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/jobless-rate-bolts-to-high-not-seen-since-clinton-administration-unemployment-14-year-high-of-65-percent/

IQs are like potential and power ratings. They are meaningless without results.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-23-2010, 11:23 AM

2. 14% inflation rate

http://mcauleysworld.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/jobless-rate-bolts-to-high-not-seen-since-clinton-administration-unemployment-14-year-high-of-65-percent/

4. Persian Gulf Oil Crisis - price of oil skyrocketed in U.S. (relative to that time period) due to the formation of O.P.E.C. and significant price increases.

5. Americans held hostage in Iran for about 454 days. Allied regiem in Iran overthrown (not that The Shaw was a great guy to his people.)

mostpost
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM

2. 14% inflation rate

Remember what Mark Twain said; "There are three types of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics."
Under Carter the highest unemployment was 7.8% in July of 1980. In thirty four of the forty eight months of his presidency the rate was below 6.5%.
Reagan did not have a rate below 6.5% until 1987. Reagan had many months when the unemployment rate was over 7.8%

The link you referenced stated that there was an 11.3% unemployment rate during Carter's term. What you didn't mention, and probably failed to see is that the author used the words "In some states." Actually it was in one state-Michigan. Do you understand how biased it is to compare the rate in one state during the Carter Administration to a national rate 30+ years later?
Or even to compare a single state rate to a national rate. Would it be OK for me to take a state which had a low unemployment rate in a particular month and compare it to a high national rate such as the 10%+ rates we had under Reagan and conclude Carter was a better president?
P.S. HE WAS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mostpost
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
4. Persian Gulf Oil Crisis - price of oil skyrocketed in U.S. (relative to that time period) due to the formation of O.P.E.C. and significant price increases.

5. Americans held hostage in Iran for about 454 days. Allied regiem in Iran overthrown (not that The Shaw was a great guy to his people.)
re: 4. This was a major cause of the 14% inflation rate. in 1977 gas was 63 cents a gallon. By 1981 it was $1.38 a gallon. In 1989 it was down to 98 cents per gallon. I think a big part of the reason inflation was much higher during the Carter years and lower under Reagan; although certinly not the only reason.
re: 5. A regime which was put in power by the CIA in 1953 after a democratic election which did not go the way we wanted. And kept in power by guns and bullets which we provided. (I don't know about the Shaw but the Shah was a real jerk.

Somebody is sure to post about how the Iranians released the hostages because Reagan was all macho and they knew he was the new sheriff in town. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He bribed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sold them weapons they desperately needed in their war against Iraq. Even though that was specifically forbidden under U.S. law. Not only that, but before he took office and after he was elected, he sent James Baker to secretly negotiate and tell the Iranians not to release the hostages until Reagan had taken office.

NJ Stinks
12-23-2010, 01:41 PM
re: 4. This was a major cause of the 14% inflation rate. in 1977 gas was 63 cents a gallon. By 1981 it was $1.38 a gallon. In 1989 it was down to 98 cents per gallon. I think a big part of the reason inflation was much higher during the Carter years and lower under Reagan; although certinly not the only reason.
re: 5. A regime which was put in power by the CIA in 1953 after a democratic election which did not go the way we wanted. And kept in power by guns and bullets which we provided. (I don't know about the Shaw but the Shah was a real jerk.

Somebody is sure to post about how the Iranians released the hostages because Reagan was all macho and they knew he was the new sheriff in town. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He bribed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sold them weapons they desperately needed in their war against Iraq. Even though that was specifically forbidden under U.S. law. Not only that, but before he took office and after he was elected, he sent James Baker to secretly negotiate and tell the Iranians not to release the hostages until Reagan had taken office.

And that's why I still call it National Airport. :ThmbUp:

bigmack
12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
And that's why I still call it National Airport. :ThmbUp:
What a rebel you are. :D

NJ Stinks
12-23-2010, 01:51 PM
What a rebel you are. :D

True enough! :D