PDA

View Full Version : Low Airfare Sites

bigmack
12-22-2010, 03:56 PM
I've always used Orbitz. Any other recommendations?

Tangentially, Go Billy!

LOS ANGELES — If anyone has noticed the soaring share price of Priceline.com, it’s an easy bet that Canadian actor William Shatner had something to do with it.

Unofficial word on Wall Street is that Shatner, who was initially paid in Priceline shares when he became pitchman for the Internet travel website startup in 1997, is now worth a cool $600 million.

No wonder he looked so happy singing a duet of Total Eclipse of the Heart on Lopez Tonight the other week.

Priceline’s shares, which at one point plummeted to $1.80 during the dot-com crisis in 2000, are now trading close to $300 apiece. And although the company won’t disclose how many shares (or salary) Shatner receives, it’s presumed to be plenty. After all, it’s Shatner’s personality driven ads for the website that has made it so popular.

As he approaches his eighth decade on the planet, Shatner has gone through more ups and downs than a freight elevator.

horses4courses
12-22-2010, 04:02 PM
I've always used Orbitz. Any other recommendations?

Orbitz is one of the best.
In recent years, though, I shoot for sites that search numerous travel brokers.

bookingbuddy.com is now my favorite - kayak.com is another good one.

You will find that Orbitz has quotes within these sites, along with many other reputable travel brokers.

Good luck!

schweitz
12-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Orbitz will no longer handle American Airlines flights---starting in Jan. I think.

Red Knave
12-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Kayak and Southwest.com are your best bets AFAIC

Spiderman
12-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Last minute has good weekend, all-inclusive packages. The closer to the weekend, the better are the prices:

http://us.lastminute.com/index.html

schweitz
12-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Orbitz will no longer handle American Airlines flights---starting in Jan. I think.

Oops :blush: --Expedia is the one having trouble with American Airlines.

Robert Goren
12-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I get the best rates on flying at grassontheweb.com

Greyfox
12-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I get the best rates on flying at grassontheweb.com

grassontheweb.com? I'll bet they take you to great heights.;)