PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Racing and Jerry Jam

Deepsix
12-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I thought this relative to the various topics on CHRB, SA, etc. I've read that a few who post here know Jerry Jam, or know of him. I notice that some familiar names appear in the "comments" section.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/toc-jamgotchian-attacks-malicious-ruthless-and-false/

andymays
12-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Forget the personalities and the name calling for a moment. If there is a lawsuit most likely everyone will get to see what has or hasn't been done by either party.

One thing is certain though and that is that the TOC sponsors the retention cap that prevents California Horseplayers from receiving significant rebates. The TOC, aided by a CHRB board that failed to protect the betting public once again, are raising the cost of a bet to an unprecedented level in California.

If you're a Horseplayer it is very hard to have any sympathy for the TOC. I'm sure most of their employees and members are nice people that are caught in the middle of this dust-up and that's unfortunate

chickenhead
12-22-2010, 12:27 PM
DONT KNOW THE JAMMER BUT SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF BS. I LIKE THE JAMMERS WRITING STYLE DONT UNDERSTAND HOW GUY WRITES LIKE THAT IS CATCHING ANY HEAT.

Stillriledup
12-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I still don't understand where the 600k went to? I didnt even realize that Santa Anita was actually for sale, and they're spending 600k for what? If someone can explain what they heck they were doing i'd love to hear it.

The person who wrote the TOC piece at Paulick seemed to indicate that they were worried that someone was going to buy the track, bulldoze it and put up a strip mall? I know that's not what they said specifically, but there is language in their vague Jammer rant that indicates that they spent the 600k in order to prevent some owners who supposedly didnt have horseracing at heart?

Isnt' Santa Anita a national landmark that isn't allowed to be bulldozed? The TOC is indicating that the new owners were going to discontinue racing, but i don't know if that was a realistic judgment on their part. I'd love to read something that isn't as vague as their 'rant' towards Jerry Jam because the way they worded it, i have no idea what they're talking about to be honest.