PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Park tonight....QH meet

dav4463
10-03-2003, 01:20 AM
The Quarterhorse meet starts tonight at Lone Star Park. Although the majority of my bets will be on thoroughbred simulcast races, I like to occasionally bet the live races. What is the best way to handicap quarterhorses and how does it differ from thoroughbreds. Anybody out there an expert with the quarterhorses?

BillW
10-03-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by dav4463
The Quarterhorse meet starts tonight at Lone Star Park. Although the majority of my bets will be on thoroughbred simulcast races, I like to occasionally bet the live races. What is the best way to handicap quarterhorses and how does it differ from thoroughbreds. Anybody out there an expert with the quarterhorses?

dav4463,

I'm far from an expert but, I've had some success trip handicapping and developing speed figs. Track to track variants are a big help (at least they were in 1995, not sure if the equivalent of the Beyers have been developed for QH's?).

Good luck, and I'm really sorry we (HOU) are taking the QH's away from you next year :rolleyes: I'd much rather have TB dates down here.

Good luck, dav4463,

Bill

ranchwest
10-04-2003, 12:13 AM
QH bloodlines are more consistent than with TBs. SRs are more consistent. In cheap races, layoffs mean very little. Payoffs are usually real low or real high, you may have to ride the chalk if you're going to get much action.

Tom
10-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Try this out...page 5.

http://www.homebased2.com/km/pdf/HTRMonthlyReport-May2003.pdf

dav4463
10-04-2003, 05:50 PM
thanks for the great replies.......

Zaf
10-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Charles Carroll wrote a book called Handicapping Speed. It deals with both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse handicapping. I read it a while ago and enjoyed it. You may also.

ZAFONIC