PDA

View Full Version : Newer Members-"famous names"

andicap
10-02-2003, 11:10 AM
We've had a few names from the world of handicapping and software join our site lately and over the years and it would be nice if they participated to the extent that Dick Schmidt and Dave Schwartz have.

Generally they join when they hear someone has mentioned their
product or their name and I guess they want to protect their products and their good names, which is cool.

But wouldn't it be nice if Ed Bain and Susan Sweeney contributed to our talk about trainer intent or if Bob Pandolfo gave some of his thoughts about pace when the topic came up. Barry Meadow contributes from time to time, which is appreciated.

Hoping that P.H. will follow Dick and Dave's lead and join in some of the discussions. (I realize they are all very busy and can't be checking the board every day like we do -- but it would be nice to hear from then from time to time and give their expertise.)

This is one of the best (if not the best) site on the Internet -- that I know of -- for talking about handicapping and it would be great if more people with in depth knowledge of the subject who are visible on the Web, in books, and in software, would share their expertise here.

It can only help the game and help themselves. After all, the higher the handle, the better it is for everyone.

Tom
10-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Who's P.H.?

JimG
10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
I'm guessing Andy meant P.D. Mahalik.

Jim

Zaf
10-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JimG
I'm guessing Andy meant P.D. Mahalik.

Jim

Who's P.D. Mahalik ????

ZAFONIC

JimG
10-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by zafonic
Who's P.D. Mahalik ????

ZAFONIC

The newest member of PaceAdvantage. Below is his bio:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/u/handicappers/mahalik.htm

Jim

Zaf
10-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info Jim G.

Does anyone on the Board use his program ?

Does anyone use turn time velocity or 2nd Call velocity as a major factor in their handicapping? If so I would like to hear about their experiences.

Welcome P.D. :)

ZAFONIC

andicap
10-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Maybe that's why they don't contribute -- I get their names wrong. I'm awful with names, but never forget a face.

Sorry, P.D.

:o