PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid shows some emotion !

KingChas
12-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Finally............ :eek:

Here's a different look at the finish of Eagles\Giants game.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Video_Eagles_locker-room_celebration.html

skate
12-21-2010, 06:10 PM
good post Chas, thanks.

some one also had this to say about the game, interesting.

Andy Reid said that he didn't throw the challenge flag because the Eagles didn't have a feed to watch the play. I believe him. that happened to The Steelers also when they were playing away. The other team sets it up where you have to change the channel to watch the game but they don't tell you this wanting you to miss the calls. Like I said it happened to the Steelers this year but Tomlin didn't know what was up and the Steelers lost important challenges and it also happened to Bill Cower when he was coaching the Steelers team and when he found out that the other team set up the channels like that he went crazy bout' it!

— youngblood
this is critical

Stillriledup
12-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Reid would have been stuffed inside the liberty bell for not challenging that call at midfield that would have resulted in an overturn. He escaped somehow from all the criticism that was coming his way.

skate
12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Reid would have been stuffed inside the liberty bell for not challenging that call at midfield that would have resulted in an overturn. He escaped somehow from all the criticism that was coming his way.

he didnt get the feed, could be a problem in the nfl

slew101
12-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Each team has people in the booth watching the replay. If it was shown on TV, they had access to it.

What Reid is likely talking about is the stadium screen only shows plays beneficial to the home team. Every stadium does this, and the NFL should address it. If the home team recovers a fumble, they won't show the replay because they don't want the coaches on the sidelines seeing it. On the flip side, if the visiting team catches a TD pass in the corner, they'll show the replay in seconds.

tribecaagent
12-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Andy Reid is allergic to throwing that red flag....7 reviews so far this year.

Stillriledup
12-21-2010, 10:28 PM

there was plenty of time, someone could have let him know, this is a billion dollar company, someone in a billion dollar company must have seen the play on tape and had the ability to 'radio' to the sidelines.

Also, even if you dont see it, that was a point in the game where you just challenge 'because'. He didnt use a challenge at all during the game, it was the 4th quarter and it was a dire situation. Why not just toss the red flag and pray? Its not like its going to mean a heck of a lot if you're wrong.

All the big miraculous comebacks aside, this was a play that was really 'the game'.

swami13
12-21-2010, 11:02 PM
It was unbelievable that he had the flag in his hand and didn't throw it on that play, ball at the 50, 14 pts down, and the replay clearly showed he was touched.
I said to my son that somebody was going to get fired for not communicating the replay to him.
I said they deserved to lose after the Giants scored on that possession, but a helluva of a comeback.
I do find it hard to believe that they don't have someone with access to the same time replays that the fans get on regular tv.
Reid was very fortunate.

KingChas
12-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Poor challenging and time management have always been the weak link in the Andy Reid era.

Valuist
12-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I think Philly is a bit of a fraud. Everyone talks about their great comeback against the Giants....but an elite team would not have been trailing by 21 points and had to make that kind of comeback.

Yes, they may be the most EXCITING team to watch with Vick, DeSean, Maclin and McCoy but their defense is very suspect. That TD run by 3rd string QB Joe Webb was a thing of beauty to watch last night.

Robert Fischer
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
yea, no way has Philly ever been a top-5 team this season.

they do one thing very well, and that is coaching offense.

their defensive coaching is nothing special, and they lack elite 300+ lbers