PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Asked about the Fat Man

Dave Schwartz
10-01-2003, 09:45 PM
In an old thread (which I could not find) someone asked about the Fat Man from Andy Beyer's book.

FWIW, I spoke with a very trusted source (who does not post on PA) that told me the Fat Man was someone named Robert Miller. (Apparently he is deceased.)

Does that mean anything to anyone?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

delayjf
10-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks Dave,

I knew somebody would know somebody who knew of him.
Does your friend have any good stories that he might be willing to share.

I became curious as I was rereading Beyers book. Another thing that caught my eye was how many low priced horses Beyer played. In his entire 50,000 year at the races, I don't hink he scored with more than 3 horses that paid in more than 10.00.

alysheba88
10-02-2003, 01:48 PM
You may want to read again. Think there are more higher priced horses than you think. Most of that money came from tris and exactas anyway

Whirlaway
10-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Anyone know if Charlie, Beyer's professional friend from NY, is still around (alive). After reading that book a few years ago, I became a Charlie type (i.e. super iron-ass) of player and became a genuine winner for the first time. Unfortunately I don't have the balls/bankroll to bet 5 grand a race, so I'll never be a pro.

delayjf
10-02-2003, 05:22 PM
True, he did make money on Tri and exactas, but most if not all of them were keyed around his low priced selection. I'll check it out again and post what I find.