PDA

View Full Version : lucky numbers

lamboguy
12-19-2010, 02:11 AM
someone must have played their lucky number 2+3 in the early daily double this evening at the mountain. in the second race vernon bush brings home a $153 winner in the second half of the double for a payoff of $73 for a $2 double. less than half the win price.

Rutgers
12-19-2010, 10:30 AM
It might have been my wife. A little back story.

One of my first dates with my wife was dinner at Terraces at the Meadowlands. We both hit the early daily double. The winning combo was 2-3. I was quite impressed with her handicapping. I also thought if we had similar handicapping styles our relationship was meant to be, so I asked her how she came up with her wager. Her reply was, “I always bet the 2-3 because it is Don Mattingly’s number” To this day, she will still play the 2-3 combo.

Back to last night, my wife claimed she went out to a Christmas cookie exchange party last night. But it is entirely possible she snuck out to the track instead, especially since my son and I can’t find any Christmas cookies in the house this morning. :D

Kelso
12-19-2010, 05:04 PM
in the second race vernon bush brings home a $153 winner in the second half of the double for a payoff of $73 for a $2 double. less than half the win price.

Might this have been an extreme application/backfire of the Chinese Double? (Too much "inside" money went into the double rather than on the nose ... compounded by the winner of the first race paying only $5.20?)

CBedo
12-19-2010, 05:55 PM
IMO, sounds like people playing that super-intelligent "favorite-all" ticket (which I guess in this case, with this outcome, wasn't so dumb since they turned a 5.20 win ticket into a 7.30 winner--just had to have the longest shot on the board win to make it work, lol).