- David Jacobsondrops him for 14k tag, loses race, reclaimed by Rudy Rodriguez
- Rudy puts him back in for 25k and wins again lol

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2010, 03:54 PM
cliffs

- Rudy lost that's rich for 25k to david
- David Jacobsondrops him for 14k tag, loses race, reclaimed by Rudy Rodriguez
- Rudy puts him back in for 25k and wins again lol

Rudy is 38% off the claim. I wonder why he's soooooooooooo much better than his peers? I bet he just works really hard.

toussaud
12-18-2010, 03:59 PM
over the summer i saw him claim a horse in NY, ship down to calder next start and win a sprint stakes race.

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
over the summer i saw him claim a horse in NY, ship down to calder next start and win a sprint stakes race.

I'm sure you did. He's quite possibly the best trainer of our times. Proof positive that hard work pays off.

lamboguy
12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm sure you did. He's quite possibly the best trainer of our times. Proof positive that hard work pays off.you think he's good. he's not even in the same league as juan carlos gurero. he wins with everything.

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM
you think he's good. he's not even in the same league as juan carlos gurero. he wins with everything.

Lambo, you're a wise man. I meant no disrespect to JCG. He's north of 45% off the claim, correct? I wonder how he does that?!!

cj
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM
He is making NYRA look like a minor league circuit.

lamboguy
12-18-2010, 04:22 PM
he obviously has a good eye for horse flesh

Dahoss9698
12-18-2010, 04:24 PM

I know the horse you are talking about and the "stake" he won was a glorified claiming race. He preceded to finish up the track in subsequent starts when facing better foes.

I'm not defending him, but I don't think that horse is a good example of his miracle work. He just found a easy spot for him, which is part of the battle.

cj
12-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I know the horse you are talking about and the "stake" he won was a glorified claiming race. He preceded to finish up the track in subsequent starts when facing better foes.

I'm not defending him, but I don't think that horse is a good example of his miracle work. He just found a easy spot for him, which is part of the battle.

Agreed, that race was nothing special.

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Along those lines, I'll concede the horse he won with today was well spotted (perhaps by luck) despite the step up in class (soft field).

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Tahoe Warrior.

Stillriledup
12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
"RRR, making hall of fame trainers look ordinary since 2008"

exiles
12-18-2010, 05:21 PM

He claimed Endless Circle for $14000 and won 5 races including a graded stake w/ him.

duncan04
12-18-2010, 05:48 PM
he obviously has a good eye for horse flesh

Thats what they said about Joe Woodard and you saw how that turned out. lol

Dahoss9698
12-18-2010, 07:22 PM
He claimed Endless Circle for $14000 and won 5 races including a graded stake w/ him.

I know. If you read my post I said I wasn't defending some of his miracle move ups. Just that particular horse (and the one today as Saratoga Mike mentioned) was well spotted.

igiveupregistering
12-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Saratoga trainer Rudy Rodriguez: Innoccent until proven guilty

Interesting article.

http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2010/08/16/sports/doc4c6a05a530c93004824487.txt

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Saratoga trainer Rudy Rodriguez: Innoccent until proven guilty

Interesting article.

http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2010/08/16/sports/doc4c6a05a530c93004824487.txt

What does it mean let's hope he "isn't singled out because of his name?"

igiveupregistering
12-18-2010, 11:21 PM
What does it mean let's hope he "isn't singled out because of his name?"

It means Rudy's record is no more "unbelievable" than the 4/5 trainers cited...but none except Rudy are/were followed around by the NYSRWB.

It means Chad Brown has had more successes for a first year trainer and a gaudier win record. Noone says about Chad Brown what is said about RR.

Priorily, RR had to hire lawyer to defend him against accusations he was "really training Dutrow's horses". That was unfounded and cost him $$$.

Saratoga_Mike
12-18-2010, 11:28 PM
It means Rudy's record is no more "unbelievable" than the 4/5 trainers cited...but none except Rudy are/were followed around by the NYSRWB.

It means Chad Brown has had more successes for a first year trainer and a gaudier win record. Noone says about Chad Brown what is said about RR.

Priorily, RR had to hire lawyer to defend him against accusations he was "really training Dutrow's horses". That was unfounded and cost him $$$.

Those other trainers are 38% first off the claim? Is that right?

Stillriledup
12-19-2010, 12:33 AM

I wonder if this 'witchhunt' had anything to do with Rudy being a very low percentage jockey? I mean, if he had very little talent as a rider, why would a rational person believe he's got all this talent as a trainer? at least, that's how some people might think.

Also, didn't Chad Brown 'work his way up' for years as an assistant while Rudy just appeared out of thin air with no prior assistant's experience?

I think people get skeptical when a person doesn't 'pay his dues' working underneath real trainers as 'education'.

What was Rudy's 'training resume' before he went out on his own?

cj
12-19-2010, 12:38 AM
I wonder if this 'witchhunt' had anything to do with Rudy being a very low percentage jockey?

Don't you think it has more to do with being associated with Dutrow?

Stillriledup
12-19-2010, 12:43 AM

I think that was a major factor, no doubt.

igiveupregistering
12-19-2010, 08:03 AM

Bingo!

Juan Rodriquez, Dutrow's ass't, is listed as trainer when Dutrow is/was out on suspensions.
Name sound familiar...Rudy's brother.

Rudy worked out horses for both Dutrow and FRANKEL for years. He didn't subsist as a "jockey". Not his main job.

If anyone follows NYRA...closely and daily...Rudy gets horses from many of Dutrow's clients...Sanford Goldfard, Michael Dubb....probably the steeds that can't compete at upper levels of racing....

I'd say, Rudy has been on the nyra backstretch for 20 years. Sounds like enough time to "pay his dues".

Stillriledup
12-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Bingo!

Juan Rodriquez, Dutrow's ass't, is listed as trainer when Dutrow is/was out on suspensions.
Name sound familiar...Rudy's brother.

Rudy worked out horses for both Dutrow and FRANKEL for years. He didn't subsist as a "jockey". Not his main job.

If anyone follows NYRA...closely and daily...Rudy gets horses from many of Dutrow's clients...Sanford Goldfard, Michael Dubb....probably the steeds that can't compete at upper levels of racing....

I'd say, Rudy has been on the nyra backstretch for 20 years. Sounds like enough time to "pay his dues".

As far as the public knows, he was a bad jockey and retired because he wasnt good enough and immediately started churning out winners with zero head-assistant experience. That's the way it LOOKS. I know, looks can be deceiving and in this case, they seem to be. It certainly doesnt do RRR any favors by being associated with 'babe'.

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2010, 09:24 PM
It certainly doesnt do RRR any favors by being associated with 'babe'.By all accounts, Dutrow cares for and dare I say loves his horses as much or more than any other trainer on the grounds. Has he had his share of screw ups? Yes. But let's not pretend he's not a top notch horseman. Or maybe I've just been PR'd to death...:lol:

jk3521
12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
He didn't win right away as soon as he started training. I remember that because I watch ex-jockey trainers . It took a few months before he hit his stride. After I gave up watching him then,of course he took off. Ex-jocks seem to have a good sense of what goes on on the backstretch. For some reason less successful jockeys seem to have more success at training than superstars such as "the monkey", Angel Cordero.
In baseball, the more successful managers seem to be the journeymen ballplayers more often than the "superstars", also.

affirmedny
12-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I wonder if this 'witchhunt' had anything to do with Rudy being a very low percentage jockey? I mean, if he had very little talent as a rider, why would a rational person believe he's got all this talent as a trainer? at least, that's how some people might think.

Also, didn't Chad Brown 'work his way up' for years as an assistant while Rudy just appeared out of thin air with no prior assistant's experience?

I think people get skeptical when a person doesn't 'pay his dues' working underneath real trainers as 'education'.

What was Rudy's 'training resume' before he went out on his own?

There were plenty of lousy jockeys that became great trainers, Woody Stephens,Bob Baffert, Steve Asmussen, Noble Threewit, to name a few

toussaud
12-19-2010, 11:04 PM
and we all know that gary stevens was a world class trainer just like he was a world class jockey

owlet
12-20-2010, 02:40 AM
plus Gary was great on TVG, he's even better on HRTV and he's best of all as a husband ;)

judd
12-20-2010, 05:39 AM
plus Gary was great on TVG, he's even better on HRTV and he's best of all as a husband ;)
are you his wife ????

thaskalos
12-20-2010, 12:30 PM
are you his wife ????Or, maybe, the next door neighbor? :)

igiveupregistering
12-20-2010, 04:49 PM
and we all know that gary stevens was a world class trainer just like he was a world class jockey

You have it BACKWARDS...Gary Stevens is a HOF jockey and a lousy trainer.

RR was a lousy jockey and a good trainer.

Saratoga_Mike
12-20-2010, 04:57 PM
You have it BACKWARDS...Gary Stevens is a HOF jockey and a lousy trainer.

RR was a lousy jockey and a good trainer.

I think that was sacrasm about Stevens being a great trainer.

Stillriledup
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Gary Stevens training resume is incomplete. He trained for like 3 hours before he 'retired' from training to resume broadcasting.If Gary 'stuck it out' and training was his only option, he might do very well. Gary had options, he went to the easier job (and probably more money) but i do believe that if he stuck out training for the long run, he would have done very well.

Saratoga_Mike
12-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Gary Stevens training resume is incomplete. He trained for like 3 hours before he 'retired' from training to resume broadcasting.If Gary 'stuck it out' and training was his only option, he might do very well. Gary had options, he went to the easier job (and probably more money) but i do believe that if he stuck out training for the long run, he would have done very well.

Did he ever open a bar? I'd heard he was going to do that.

Not4Love
12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Not sure where this thread is going. Did anyone notice another "great" trainer that loves and cares for his horses? His name: Bisnath Parboo!! I"m pretty sure he won 6 races in the last five days at Calder. Remember him in NY? Couldn't win a race. I guess he just "LOVES" his horses.

Stillriledup
12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Not sure where this thread is going. Did anyone notice another "great" trainer that loves and cares for his horses? His name: Bisnath Parboo!! I"m pretty sure he won 6 races in the last five days at Calder. Remember him in NY? Couldn't win a race. I guess he just "LOVES" his horses.

Love is in the air at the Parboo Barn! :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
12-20-2010, 07:13 PM

He's 22% on the yr, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Short-term winning streaks can be pure good fortune.

Linny
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM
You could make a case that Parboo took a bunch of horses that couldn't cut it in NY to a lesser circuit. With Rudy, it's horses that some pretty cagey trainers have been losing with getting the full makeover and winning on the same circuit and at higher levels.

igiveupregistering
12-21-2010, 04:18 PM
You could make a case that Parboo took a bunch of horses that couldn't cut it in NY to a lesser circuit. With Rudy, it's horses that some pretty cagey trainers have been losing with getting the full makeover and winning on the same circuit and at higher levels. :sleeping:

Dahoss9698
12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
:sleeping:

Are you really suggesting he hasn't had some amazing move ups?

igiveupregistering
12-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Are you really suggesting he hasn't had some amazing move ups?

Im not suggesting nothing more providing a link to an article comparing RR to other "first" year trainers with similiar winning percentages.

What facts in the Saratogian article do you disagree with?

Dahoss9698
12-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Im not suggesting nothing more providing a link to an article comparing RR to other "first" year trainers with similiar winning percentages.

What facts in the Saratogian article do you disagree with?

Chad Brown isn't a first year trainer. He went out on his own in 2007. Chip Dutrow isn't even training anymore to my knowledge. As usual Kling is being liberal with his "facts".

Brown was hot for about 3 weeks at Saratoga and then cooled off considerably. I'm not saying it's right, but when you're 38% off the claim, people are going to take notice. When you consistently move horses up, people are going to be suspicious. Rudy Rod could be the best trainer ever and maybe he wasted years riding when he should have been training. But when you win like he does there are going to be suspicions. Some of it has to do with his associations, but some has to do with his rate of winning.

No one suspects anything when you are losing.

Rise Over Run
12-21-2010, 09:23 PM
No one suspects anything when you are losing.

You've obviously never met my wife. :D

shadowroll
12-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Chip Dutrow isn't even training anymore to my knowledge.
Chip Dutrow @ Equibase (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbTrainerInfo.cfm?eID=226383)... most recent start at Belmont on September 16th.

Saratoga_Mike
12-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Chip Dutrow @ Equibase (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbTrainerInfo.cfm?eID=226383)... most recent start at Belmont on September 16th.

I guess dahoss was right - thanks for confirming. Does anyone know what happened to him?

WJ47
12-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Rudy has some pretty amazing stats. Maybe he's like Gasper Moschera? Moschera stated that he could see something in the past performances that made him realize the horse wasn't running to its potential. He'd claim the horse and the horse would perform very, very well. At least that's how the story goes. Maybe Rudy can do this too?

Saratoga_Mike
12-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Rudy has some pretty amazing stats. Maybe he's like Gasper Moschera? Moschera stated that he could see something in the past performances that made him realize the horse wasn't running to its potential. He'd claim the horse and the horse would perform very, very well. At least that's how the story goes. Maybe Rudy can do this too?

Could be or Peter Ferriola

Stillriledup
12-22-2010, 01:18 AM
I have an idea for a movie. A movie about a horsetrainer who paid his dues and worked his way up from the bottom. Lets call it, Rudy.

He wins the Ky Derby and gets carried off the track with his hands in the air while Babe Dutrow yells "Who's the wild man NOW!"

You like? :)