PDA

View Full Version : I was bad yesterday at AQU, will make it up today (Friday)

Phantombridgejumpe
12-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Okay, spent a lot more time with this card and I will make some $$$ today.

1st: The most likely winner of the day before scratches was the #5 in this race - after the early scratch in the 3rd that could change, but I still like the #5 in here a lot. Not much of a price perhaps, but I'll try...

$20 Win #5
$20 D-D 1st and 2nd races: 5-4 and 5-5

2nd: No separate bet, with the 7 out I think the 4 and 5 make the most sense. If you made be take a stance I'd take the 4, but use both

3rd: I thought this race was going to be a 1 and 4 box for sure, but the 1 was scratched. The 4 will be a short price now, and I'm not quite sure if Santiago will put him on the lead, but I think the trip will be fine.

$40 Win on #4

4th: Very tough race to start the pick 6. I don't like the favorites so might as well take a shot with something. I think the bug boy horse at least has 4 working legs which may be enough in here today.

$10 Across the Board on #7

5th: Will be interesting to see who gets bet in here, the board could tell a lot. Thatagirl is the best of those that have run, but strikes me as a horse that could find trouble every time out, and the rail is not a good spot for her. Just a matter of which first time out horse to take and I settled on Dutrow's...

$15 Across the Board on #4

6th: Violette is winning all of these type races lately and Spell Check fits in nicely with this group. The 8 hasn't been out recently and a couple of the others scratched. Nothing complicated here

$30 WP on #2

7th: I don't think the 7 will get an easy lead again so I needed a horse that would get a trip. Came down to the 1 or the 5 who were in the same race last time. I think Lopez will put the 1 in a good spot today

$20 WP on #1

8th: I wanted to play this race heavier and go against Big Brownie who would have taken a lot of money, but that one scratched. Nothing wild or crazy here, I think My Dinah will end up the favorite although a higher morning line than Shine Upon. Hope for 2-1, but we shall see...

$25 WP on #2

9th: Hope I'm not looking to bailout, Leap Day ran poorly on Saturday for no real reason and comes right back. Might win by 5, might run out. I'll go against. I might have tried the 6, but that one scratched, so I'm left with the 9 and the bug boy Rodriguez again - my 2nd time with that one today.

$10 WP on #9
$5 Exacta (In case I need the Hail Mary pass) 9 - 5

$350 Total on the day, looking to bring back $500

Good Luck

Phantombridgejumpe
12-17-2010, 12:37 PM
him later.

Ugh, he is going to be trouble today.

Out $60, but I'll pull it togther.

theguarantee
12-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Playing a pick-3 starting here in race 2.
4,5/4,7/2,4,5,7

Phantombridgejumpe
12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
I think it will cash, now I just hope it pays well.

theguarantee
12-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Or he will just sweep the early double.

Phantombridgejumpe
12-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I couldn't have hit that double if you gave me 30 combinations

Sorry for that. Hope we both get it going soon.

Solid_Gold
12-17-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm guilty of trying to take a shortcut or two myself (like I did today) and it always ends up costing me. Tomorrow has to be better.

So no biggie pbj, tomorrow is another day!