PDA

View Full Version : What options do people in NJ have to bet from home other

Phantombridgejumpe
12-16-2010, 09:59 PM
than the state run NJ4Bets, or whatever the heck it is called...

thanks - this is for a buddy, I appreciate the input.

affirmedny
12-16-2010, 10:43 PM
than the state run NJ4Bets, or whatever the heck it is called...

thanks - this is for a buddy, I appreciate the input.

none

Spiderman
12-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Legally, none. Best to have a friend or relative in New York and have your credit card address changed to theirs; then, open a NYRA or TVG ADW account.

InsideThePylons-MW
12-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Eddie New Shoes.....he's at the Jersey Freeze across the street from Freehold Raceway every Tuesday and Wednesday from 1pm to 4pm.....tell him that Lenny the Sheep sent you.

Robert Goren
12-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Don't bitch too much. There are states(quite a few actually) in which you would not be able to bet at all legally.

Rutgers
12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
The problem is the law states while you are in NJ a person can only use 4NJbets. Because of this provision most ADW’s do not offer their services to people in NJ, because if the NJ resident used their service while at home or anywhere in there home state of NJ, they would be breaking the law.

However, once a person leaves the state of NJ he is legally not allowed to bet thru 4NJbets, but he may use another ADW company.

NYRA Rewards allows NJ bettors (or at least use to), though I believe you may be limited to phone betting. And of course, you can only legally use your NYRA Rewards account when you are outside the state of NJ.

So for the most part, if you want to be a legal law abiding citizen, you must use 4NJbets while in NJ, and another ADW (if you can find one that takes NJ residents) while outside of NJ.

Rutgers
12-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Don't bitch too much. There are states(quite a few actually) in which you would not be able to bet at all legally.

My bitch (okay one of my bitches) is that the state owned racetracks allow ADW companies that pay rebates (or rewards) to take their signal, but the partially state-owned ADW NJ residents are forced to use doesn’t give rebates or rewards.

NJ puts it own residents that a disadvantage playing the state owned tracks. Banning all wagering in the state would be more fair to NJ residents then the current set-up.

otis0930
12-17-2010, 12:37 AM
They limit Jersey residents to 4njbets but............

The New Jersey Assembly Dec. 13 passed a bill to authorize exchange wagering on results of in-state and out-of-state horse races. It also would allow Internet wagering by out-of-state residents on horse racing.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/60336/nj-approves-exchange-and-internet-wagering#ixzz18LPWJZiC

NJ Stinks
12-17-2010, 02:56 AM
I use Phonebet out of Parx Racing when I'm out of state. It's inconvenient but beats the alternative.

I like NJBets except for the stinking 4.5% charge per $100 even if you use a debit card. I'd drive to Freehold and make deposits but that's an hour each way plus gas. Why they can't set up a system where NJBets account holders can deposit or withdraw using routing numbers from a checking account is beyond me. :rolleyes:

affirmedny
12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I use Phonebet out of Parx Racing when I'm out of state. It's inconvenient but beats the alternative.

I like NJBets except for the stinking 4.5% charge per $100 even if you use a debit card. I'd drive to Freehold and make deposits but that's an hour each way plus gas. Why they can't set up a system where NJBets account holders can deposit or withdraw using routing numbers from a checking account is beyond me. :rolleyes:

You can use ACH(routing numbers), it just takes a long time like 5 to 7 days.

grexxon
12-17-2010, 08:11 PM
NJ stop us from betting or having an account in another state if we lived in NJ before they had betting here. We could not call Phila. Park because they could not accept calls from NJ. So I went out and bought a cell phone and
got a PA phone number. Been betting ever since.

FiveWide
12-20-2010, 11:21 PM

I think Texas is one of those you speak of.

-Five