PDA

View Full Version : Discombobulated?

pmd62ndst
10-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Today's First Race at Bay Meadows (10/1/2003), I had Snowbound Nan to key my pick 3. She had a chance in the stretch and then just disappeared. I figure she fell but when I read the result footnotes that she became "discombobulated", I nearly fell from my chair in laughter. Who writes these things?

>>>
SNOWBOUND NAN dueled for the lead outside the winner to the stretch, responded to urging to mid stretch, became discombobulated (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbChartResultsDisplay.cfm?TRK=BM&CY=USA&DATE=10/01/2003&STYLE=EQB) , turned sideways, lost her balance and fell at the sixteenth pole. A steward's inquiry into the accident in the stretch resulted in no action.
>>>

Anyone else seen a funny footnote?

PMD

cj
10-01-2003, 04:32 PM
I saw one once,

Distanced despite trying

Buddha
10-01-2003, 05:30 PM
At mountaineer there was a horse that tried to jump the inside turf rail. Well, he kinda got caught on it, the rail bent, gathered forced, and whipped back, clothslining the next jockey right off his horse. The comment in the PP for the program was 'jock hit with flying debris'.

Edited:

Here is the full comment from the chart as listed on Equibase. I just took the part where the 2 horses invoved is.

SKIP TO THE BLUES was well placed early, chased, weakened mid turn, was hit from flying debris in upper stretch, lost jockey. ALIENIST bid 4 wide on the turn, cleared easily for the lead, appeared to be the winner when widening, suddenly bolted inside in upper stretch dislodging the rail losing rider in the process. An inquiry was posted that resulted in no change to the order of finish.

Tom
10-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Mil Reef was lapped just into the third mile.....(4m70 race)

Gues who I bet on!

Zaf
10-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Walked out of starting gate.

ZAFONIC

cj
10-01-2003, 10:11 PM
of course, there is the infamous...

"Artax, moving up along the inside, swerved sharply to avoid a drunken fan, losing all chance"

shanta
10-01-2003, 10:19 PM
THAT ONE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST!