PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow: I Used to Love Glenn Beck

andymays
12-16-2010, 09:46 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rachel-maddow-i-used-to-be-a-huge-glenn-beck-fan/

Excerpt:

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow made a startling admission to David Letterman Wednesday night: she used to be a huge Glenn Beck fan.

During her appearance, the liberal TV host said that she really liked Beck and his radio show prior to him getting a TV gig at Fox, even admitting she used to listen to Beck every day.

“I think he was the most talented radio personality of my entire generation,” she told Letterman. She described Beck’s pre-Fox radio show as “incredibly performative…he inhabited all these different characters, he would do all these voices, it was very entertaining. really funny, really fast-paced, very unpredictable, surprising, very good.”

lsbets
12-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree with her. I liked Beck a lot more when he just did radio.

hcap
12-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I liked him more before he did radio :D

GameTheory
12-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I liked him more before he did radio :DI liked you more before the internet.

boxcar
12-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I liked you more before the internet.

I liked the internet more before 'cap discovered it. :D

Boxcar
P.S. Only kidding 'cap. Your kind have been an occupational and recreational hazard on the 'net ever since Gore discovered it. :lol: :lol:

hcap
12-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I liked you more before the internet.Thanks, and I liked more you before you played "games".

Gore used to be a paleontologist before he invented the internet. Used to specialize in old fossils like you box.

boxcar
12-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks, and I liked more you before you played "games".

Gore used to be a paleontologist before he invented the internet. Used to specialize in old fossils like you box.

Yeah...until he discovered there was more money to be had scamming people (especially younger ones), and that it was pretty difficult to bamboozle some old fossils.

Boxcar

JustRalph
12-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I liked him more before he did radio :D

That was your best post of the year

Tom
12-16-2010, 07:56 PM
So it's downhill from here on?

bigmack
12-16-2010, 08:36 PM
So it's downhill from here on?
Super majorities and their boy in the WH for two years, global warming scam on the retreat and all he has to talk about is Beck & Fox.

What's the next step past pathetic?

boxcar
12-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Super majorities and their boy in the WH for two years, global warming scam on the retreat and all he has to talk about is Beck & Fox.

Hopeless.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
12-17-2010, 12:36 AM

Do you work for FOX News, Mack?

At any rate, I hate to keep calling your fantastic backhand out but 60 senators makes for a "Super" majority for one party in the Senate.

Anyway, I say this not to correct the Mighty Mack but to inform anyone (like Boxcar! :lol: ) who read Mack's post and missed the inaccuracy that somehow slipped through. :eek:

su·per·ma·jor·i·ty
n. pl. su·per·ma·jor·i·ties A specified majority of votes, such as 60 percent, required to approve a motion or pass legislation.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/supermajority

BlueShoe
12-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Beck is a relative newcomer, his radio program only went national about 7 or 8 years ago if I recall correctly. If so, does that mean that RM was once a closet conservative, and that she only went over to the Dark Side fairly recently?