PDA

View Full Version : Why No Love for Snow Fairy?

Java Gold@TFT
12-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Not even a Zenyatta fan can say she had a tough campaign. Goldikova had test after test but give Snow Fairy some love as the strongest campaign of 2010.

7 starts in 8 months wth 6 G-I's.
Wins English and Irish Oaks aainst 3yo fillies.
2nd to Midday in her first start against older mares
Wins against 3yo colts
Then 4th in the nearly 2 mile St Leger
Finishes her season with wins over OPEN fields in G-I races in Japan and Hong Kong

That's 4 different countries, all G-I's, restricted and open company, optimum distance looks like 10F and add to all of that:

SHE"S STAYING IN TRAINING.

Next stop - possibly DWC

For a 3yo filly it's just as impressive as anything Rachel did last year.

Give the filly some credit. Sh may not have had the name power of Goldikova in 2010 but she certainly might in 2011.

OTM Al
12-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Not even a Zenyatta fan can say she had a tough campaign. Goldikova had test after test but give Snow Fairy some love as the strongest campaign of 2010.

Wins against 3yo colts
Finishes her season with wins over OPEN fields in G-I races in Japan and Hong Kong

That's 4 different countries, all G-I's, restricted and open company, optimum distance looks like 10F and add to all of that:

Next stop - possibly DWC

Give the filly some credit. Sh may not have had the name power of Goldikova in 2010 but she certainly might in 2011.

She's will quite good isn't she. My biggest regret of all my betting last year was not playing her in the English Oaks, hey I was broke that day... (though I pounded against her in the Midday race with a Midday-Sariska straight exacta and alas Sariska had decided her career was over that day....) Never going to get odds like that again on her. Hopefully she will have a couple years more of racing ahead of her and we get a chance to see her in a race or two over here. As bad as the male turf division has been of late, a BC Turf should not be out of order should her owner wish.

horses4courses
12-16-2010, 09:45 AM
In this part of the world, most horse players have more interest in who is going to win the 5th at Beulah, rather than a Euro G1 horse globetrotting to victory.
JMO

Linny
12-16-2010, 09:56 AM
In the QEII at Kyoto she ran away so fast the cameraman didn't know what to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3yo3c2x9d8

A month later against serious older G1 horses at Sha Tin in Hong Kong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqYgbVRr26I

nearco
12-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Not to be pedantic, but the race in Japan was not open, it was F/M. Still, very impressive win that day.
Shades of Ouija Board about her, which is probably no surprise given her trainer. Dunlop put some serious air miles on Ouija Board.

TurfRuler
12-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Why would you start a new thread saying that when there are people who have runners on the horses to follow lists. Just an example.

Midday (f) (GB) "GRADE I WINNER
" v Snow Fairy High Beyer -- RP Figure 124/123

Snow Fairy (IRE) (f) 3 year old RP Rating 118/119T

Market Mover
12-16-2010, 05:49 PM

Wins against 3yo colts

Next stop - possibly DWC

The sire has also a graded stakes winner Irish-bred named Ascertain that was able to tear up the Kee lawn at long odds and at a nice route of ground. The Red Ransom and Roberto blood gives this filly the ability to stay. The scary thing is that she looks like she's getting better with age, and remember that Ascertain was 6 yrs old when he knocked off that big stakes.

If Dunlop can keep her sound, I see no reason why she can't go Arc and then BC Turf. This filly has tremendous acceleration, and there is no lack of ability in her pedigree.

joanied
12-16-2010, 06:47 PM
I like this filly, she sure deserved their 3 yr old filly championship award...Linny, thanks for the links...her turn of foot is amazing...wish both the cameraman and the caller hadn't missed her run...beautiful.
I hope she keeps winning...and comes over here next year for BC...I looked up her pedigree because Market Mover mentioned it...and now I find I have a bit of a personal connection with Snow Fairy...in her 4th generation there is a mare called 'Princess Roycraft'...I worked for the man that trained her (way back when:D )...she won a couple of stakes, the Test & Flirtation, and placed in a couple of others...woulda won more but her trainer wasn't all that good, IMO :) ...she was a sweet filly to be around...so, that gives me a rooting interest in Snow Fairy:jump:

Shelby
12-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I'll let you know after I visit the urinal fairy.

:lol: I'm sorry this made me laugh

joanied
12-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Better than him saying he would visit the sugarplum fairy:eek:
:D

Market Mover
12-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I like this filly, she sure deserved their 3 yr old filly championship award...Linny, thanks for the links...her turn of foot is amazing...wish both the cameraman and the caller hadn't missed her run...beautiful.
I hope she keeps winning...and comes over here next year for BC...I looked up her pedigree because Market Mover mentioned it...and now I find I have a bit of a personal connection with Snow Fairy...in her 4th generation there is a mare called 'Princess Roycraft'...I worked for the man that trained her (way back when:D )...she won a couple of stakes, the Test & Flirtation, and placed in a couple of others...woulda won more but her trainer wasn't all that good, IMO :) ...she was a sweet filly to be around...so, that gives me a rooting interest in Snow Fairy:jump:

Great story Joanied. The mare Princess Roycraft had a useful turf runner Royal Roberto who went on to sire many an IL-bred. Royal Roberto was significant as an affordable stallion option carrying the Roberto blood. For those who find Dynaformer's fee too steep, there aren't many options left, other than Repriced at Darby Dan.

There's some soundness and stamina in this paternal pedigree of Snow Fairy. Females on the damside were a bit short on accomplishments on the track, but note Fall Aspen was once broodmare of the year, and threw multiple G1 winners including 1995 Preakness hero Timber Country, Prince of Thieves, Colorado Dancer, and Bianconi.

Colorado Dancer's most famous son was the fabulously fast Dubai Millennium. She herself had won the G1 Yellow Ribbon over a route of ground on turf.

joanied
12-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Market Mover...I love going though pedigrees, and I always look back to see if there are any horses, especially mares, that I knew way back when...and I've found quite a few over the years...
yes, in fact, many good horse's pedigrees seem to have a weaker bottom on the dam's side, but the stronger females within the line usually make up for it...like Fall Aspen in this one. Oh, I know about Royal Roberto too...I had a broodmare with Roberto close up so did extensive research into that line.
It's really fun getting into pedigrees and it sure can supply you with some surprising results if you really look...I love it:jump: