PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta at Lanes End (pics)

Bettowin
12-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Some nice shots of her at the farm. Looks very happy:)

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/throughthelens/archive/2010/12/10/zenyatta-at-lanes-end.aspx

joanied
12-14-2010, 02:11 PM
She sure looks wonderful...she's got dapples from head to tail...I love that. I can't wait to see pics and video of her first day turned out in the paddock.

Saratoga_Mike
12-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Does she have a tongue tie on in those photos? Odd.

BluegrassProf
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Speaking of which, people squealing all through the comments that they should be doing this or that or the other, that the lip chain is a "bummer," re: her body language, etc. I'll tell ya, no group in the whole wide world has more know-it-alls than equestrians... :D

Haaa...people are so weird.

Tom
12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
That added a lot to the thread.

BluegrassProf
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
That added a lot to the thread.As opposed to this?

Brilliant!

Cardus
12-14-2010, 03:31 PM
It looks like she is having a hard time handling that dirt.

jballscalls
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Must suck to have to go from the nice balmy warm Southern Cal weather to ice cold Kentucky in the winter!

nijinski
12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Wonderful photos,she's taking it all in and she looks so majestic .

elhelmete
12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Must suck to have to go from the nice balmy warm Southern Cal weather to ice cold Kentucky in the winter!

it's offset by the lower takeout :lol: :lol: :lol:

cj's dad
12-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Does she have a tongue tie on in those photos? Odd.

yes, but it's made of synthetics !

Bruddah
12-14-2010, 08:16 PM
The last photo in the series shows her stopped in front of a barn, tongue sticking out, dapples glistening and long legs stiffened. It seems as if she's thinking, hubba, hubba, hubba, look at that beautiful Stud overthere. :D

On second thought, maybe she was thinking, "Don't com'a knockin' unless you got luvin' on your mind". ;)

AgainstAllOdds
12-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Why are they using a stud chain on Zenyatta? She has never appeared to be a horse that is hard to handle. I hate seeing that.

Spalding No!
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Why are they using a stud chain on Zenyatta? She has never appeared to be a horse that is hard to handle. I hate seeing that.

I wonder if they final took the cotton out of her ears.

Dahoss9698
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
The comments are amazing.

My first thought was the same as some others have mentioned. Lip chain and Zenyatta do not belong in the same paragraph. If they do find it necessary, how about having the chain covered in leather, at least. She carries the heart and soul of thousands, or millions, of fans and is the most intelligent thoroughbred I've encountered in my 50+ years of working with them. Evey meeting with her, and race I've watched of her including her final, and best race has brought me to tears of joy...until I saw this series of photos. In all fairness, a lip chain is very severe, and no way does this amazing mare need to feel something that mean. Give her a chance. Recognize her compassion and talant..plezzzeeeeee.

Wow....

the little guy
12-14-2010, 09:00 PM
The comments are amazing.

My first thought was the same as some others have mentioned. Lip chain and Zenyatta do not belong in the same paragraph. If they do find it necessary, how about having the chain covered in leather, at least. She carries the heart and soul of thousands, or millions, of fans and is the most intelligent thoroughbred I've encountered in my 50+ years of working with them. Evey meeting with her, and race I've watched of her including her final, and best race has brought me to tears of joy...until I saw this series of photos. In all fairness, a lip chain is very severe, and no way does this amazing mare need to feel something that mean. Give her a chance. Recognize her compassion and talant..plezzzeeeeee.

Wow....

I can only assume that comment came from a respected professional horseplayer?

DeanT
12-14-2010, 09:02 PM
She sure looks wonderful...she's got dapples from head to tail...I love that. I can't wait to see pics and video of her first day turned out in the paddock.

Do your horses have some fur this time of year Joanie? She looks like she is very dappled, and since she has been there for awhile, and out of training, I wonder if that is odd this time of year? What think? can you help a non-horse person?

Dahoss9698
12-14-2010, 09:06 PM
I do not like her wearing the lip chain either, but I want her protected. She is a California Girl, and the best racehorse ever. She is not used to snow and ice, and no one wants her hurt in any way. I wish she would race one more year, but I do not want her hurt. Every race I would pray "Keep her safe", I was watching when Ruffian and Foolish Pleasure had the match race. Another thing, against match races..race normally or not at all. Maybe Ruffian is her angel, she is safe and soon that lip chain will be gone and THE QUEEN and Life is Sweet will gallop together and stop to take a bite out of a tree, or flowers, or whatever the girls want to do. Be patient, it won't be for long..and we know she is safe, and now I know just how healthy she is because of the dspples, I knew she was healthy, but this is a sure sign we can always see. It will not be forever, I think we all will get over this transitional period soon, but I think Zenyatta will do a better job of it than some of us.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AgainstAllOdds
12-14-2010, 09:09 PM

What does that comment mean? "a respected professional horseplayer?" Can you in any way explain why you can justify the way she is being treated?

the little guy
12-14-2010, 09:12 PM
What does that comment mean? "a respected professional horseplayer?" Can you in any way explain why you can justify the way she is being treated?

Can you explain this post from before the BC Mile first please?

Apparently Dakata Phone is running..poor thing. My guess is he will still be running when everyone else has crossed the wire. I pick him to be last. He doesn't belong there at all. I wonder why they are running him so much. :confused:

Dahoss9698
12-14-2010, 09:14 PM

Are you implying she is being treated poorly?

AgainstAllOdds
12-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Can you explain this post from before the BC Mile first please?

Sure, I expected him to be last. I think most people thought he was without a shot. Do you ever say something you wish you didn't?

Charlie D
12-14-2010, 09:18 PM

Not got a clue regarding prefessional horseplayer, but they must be a respected person by some if they have been woking with horses for 50+ years TLG ;)

AgainstAllOdds
12-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Are you implying she is being treated poorly?

Just questioning the chain is all. I'm not implying anything, so if you are looking for trouble you have the wrong person.

Bruddah
12-14-2010, 09:23 PM

Obviously to better handle her, should she become spooked because of the ice and snow. She's a Cali girl, she hasn't seen much of that stuff. It's for damned certain it's not to hurt her in any way. :ThmbUp:

AgainstAllOdds
12-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Thank you for a very decent explanation. It's appreciated.

Dahoss9698
12-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Just questioning the chain is all. I'm not implying anything, so if you are looking for trouble you have the wrong person.

About a dozen people have explained why they are using a lip chain and what it is used for in the comments of the article.

Can you in any way explain why you can justify the way she is being treated?

I guess I read this the wrong way, but it certainly seems like you feel as though she is being treated in a way that needs to be justified. What exactly needs to be justified?

Cardus
12-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I do not like her wearing the lip chain either, but I want her protected. She is a California Girl, and the best racehorse ever. She is not used to snow and ice, and no one wants her hurt in any way. I wish she would race one more year, but I do not want her hurt. Every race I would pray "Keep her safe", I was watching when Ruffian and Foolish Pleasure had the match race. Another thing, against match races..race normally or not at all. Maybe Ruffian is her angel, she is safe and soon that lip chain will be gone and THE QUEEN and Life is Sweet will gallop together and stop to take a bite out of a tree, or flowers, or whatever the girls want to do. Be patient, it won't be for long..and we know she is safe, and now I know just how healthy she is because of the dspples, I knew she was healthy, but this is a sure sign we can always see. It will not be forever, I think we all will get over this transitional period soon, but I think Zenyatta will do a better job of it than some of us.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jay Hovdey must have been so jealous after he read this.

tzipi
12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Nice post. Great pics!

joanied
12-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Do your horses have some fur this time of year Joanie? She looks like she is very dappled, and since she has been there for awhile, and out of training, I wonder if that is odd this time of year? What think? can you help a non-horse person?

Sorry, I'm late DeanT (had a little scare with my mom)...yep, my horses get fuzzy-wuzzy...my grey mare has the least of a winter coat. Actually, on my bay mare I can still see dapples through the thick hair if she's standing in the sunshine just right.
Zen's dapples will probably also still be evident after she grows a coat...but if they keep a blanket on her all the time, her coat is going to be awful slow to grow...I wonder if the Moss's are ready to see her in a winter coat...it's not very eye appealing:D