PDA

View Full Version : Life at Ten vs. The horse scratched at CD 09

bushwick
12-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Does anyone recall the horse scratched in the paddock at CD last year. I believe it was the fall meet the horse had not ran in a few years but had passed all the requirements to start. The stewards scratched this healthy looking and acting horse but let Life at Ten run after hearing live reports of the horse being "OFF" when confronted with the two situations how could they defend their actions in either case? Sorry for being so vague about the older case but it just came to mind and wanted to bring it up before I forgot.

Shelby
12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Quality Road

joanied
12-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I doubt it was Quality Road...QR was scratched at the gate for the BC Classic last year, Shelby...he freaked out.
I don't know what horse bushwick is talking about, though.

Dahoss9698
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
I remember the horse but not the name or the name of the trainer. The horse hadn't started in years, like 5 or 6 and the trainer was given the horse with the promise it never make it back to the track. Well it did and was in the paddock before a race when the stewards scratched it. I don't think the trainer had ever started a horse prior and I believe she was going to sue, but never did.

I don't see how the cases are similar.

illinoisbred
12-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Does anyone recall the horse scratched in the paddock at CD last year. I believe it was the fall meet the horse had not ran in a few years but had passed all the requirements to start. The stewards scratched this healthy looking and acting horse but let Life at Ten run after hearing live reports of the horse being "OFF" when confronted with the two situations how could they defend their actions in either case? Sorry for being so vague about the older case but it just came to mind and wanted to bring it up before I forgot.
Are you thinking of Grand Forks and the attempt to start her at CD last fall? Owner bought her with the understanding she was not to be bred,but forgot to insist on the same in regard to racing her.

bushwick
12-17-2010, 08:57 PM
What is similiar is the stewards action or inaction they took it upon themselves to scratch a horse with no known problems and let a horse run that both trainer and jockey stated was not right. How much more inconsistant can their descisions be.

Dahoss9698
12-17-2010, 09:22 PM
What is similiar is the stewards action or inaction they took it upon themselves to scratch a horse with no known problems and let a horse run that both trainer and jockey stated was not right. How much more inconsistant can their descisions be.

The situations aren't similar at all. Grand Forks hadn't made a start in nine years. Let me repeat it, NINE years. She was given to the "trainer" with the promise the horse would not be bred again. No one thought she would see a racetrack again.

The Life AT Ten situation was bad, really bad. But these aren't similar.

Stillriledup
12-17-2010, 11:26 PM
The situations aren't similar at all. Grand Forks hadn't made a start in nine years. Let me repeat it, NINE years. She was given to the "trainer" with the promise the horse would not be bred again. No one thought she would see a racetrack again.

The Life AT Ten situation was bad, really bad. But these aren't similar.

But Grand Forks was actually entered, showed up at the paddock, took wagers and THEN was scratched?

Its not like they refused the entry.

The point the OP was trying to make (i think) was that they were so concerned with the welfare of one horse and then didnt show the same 'concern' for the other.

Of course, one horse had millions of dollars bet on her and the other one did not.

If Grand Forks had millions of dollars on her in the betting pools, i'm not sure they would have cared if she didnt race for 9 years.

Dahoss9698
12-17-2010, 11:31 PM
But Grand Forks was actually entered, showed up at the paddock, took wagers and THEN was scratched?

Its not like they refused the entry.

The point the OP was trying to make (i think) was that they were so concerned with the welfare of one horse and then didnt show the same 'concern' for the other.

Of course, one horse had millions of dollars bet on her and the other one did not.

If Grand Forks had millions of dollars on her in the betting pools, i'm not sure they would have cared if she didnt race for 9 years.

We're comparing a 2 million dollar race to a 5k claimer. It's not PC, but you can't compare the two. Do I think LAT should have been scratched? Absolutely, but the situations aren't similar.

I understand the point that was trying to be made. I don't agree the situations are similar.

Isn't there a 5 year old thread that you need to re-open for no reason other than attention?

Stillriledup
12-18-2010, 12:22 AM
We're comparing a 2 million dollar race to a 5k claimer. It's not PC, but you can't compare the two. Do I think LAT should have been scratched? Absolutely, but the situations aren't similar.

I understand the point that was trying to be made. I don't agree the situations are similar.

Isn't there a 5 year old thread that you need to re-open for no reason other than attention?

Can't you ever discuss anything like an adult, or do you have to add some 'dig' at the end of every post like a 5 year old might?

Dahoss9698
12-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Can't you ever discuss anything like an adult, or do you have to add some 'dig' at the end of every post like a 5 year old might?

I don't like you so I can't discuss anything with you like an adult. Keep that in mind for the future.

Stillriledup
12-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I don't like you so I can't discuss anything with you like an adult. Keep that in mind for the future.

:D

Awesome.

I got nothin.

Dahoss9698
12-18-2010, 12:41 AM
I got nothin.

We finally agree!!!

Stillriledup
12-18-2010, 12:43 AM
We finally agree!!!

Thank god! ;)

bushwick
12-18-2010, 10:24 PM
What I wanted to bring to light was the action of the stewards. In my opinion they went way overboard in one situation and did nothing in the other.

Stillriledup
12-19-2010, 12:28 AM
What I wanted to bring to light was the action of the stewards. In my opinion they went way overboard in one situation and did nothing in the other.

Do you think NOT wanting to refund millions of dollars in betting handle had anything to do with them turning blind eye to a horse in distress?

Do you think that it was easier for them to 'do the right thing' with Grand Forks because there was no one who stood to lose a bunch of money by her being scratched?