PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide

Jasonm921
12-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I want to enter the Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance photo contest that closes this Friday. I could submit two photos from this year. I have a few ideas which I want to submit but I need fresh eyes to help me out. Thanks in advance. http://www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/sets/72157623269069510/

Zman179
12-12-2010, 08:06 PM
The photo with the exercise rider and the "smiling" horse is my favorite by far.

CryingForTheHorses
12-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I want to enter the Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance photo contest that closes this Friday. I could submit two photos from this year. I have a few ideas which I want to submit but I need fresh eyes to help me out. Thanks in advance. http://www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/sets/72157623269069510/

Why would you want help?,Then pat yourself on the back for a decision that wasnt truly your own.If you want to win the contest,Do it fair and square as anyone helping you would make your victory a scam..JMO

thaskalos
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM
"Fly Down taking the lead in the 2010 Dwyer Stakes" - page 1...and "Winter Memories" - page 7.

trackrat59
12-12-2010, 08:23 PM
The photo with the exercise rider and the "smiling" horse is my favorite by far.

I agree. Great photo.

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Why would you want help?,Then pat yourself on the back for a decision that wasnt truly your own.If you want to win the contest,Do it fair and square as anyone helping you would make your victory a scam..JMOWow. Rough crowd.

Jasonm921
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Why would you want help?,Then pat yourself on the back for a decision that wasnt truly your own.If you want to win the contest,Do it fair and square as anyone helping you would make your victory a scam..JMO

Just looking for some input on what others view as the best of my work. I have an idea of what i would submit but sometimes fresh eyes provide clarity The photos going in are my work. So how would it be a scam?

I see you work with horses. You never confer with anyone regarding your decisions? Are Any races you win as a result of that conferral any less legitimate?

BluegrassProf
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Why would you want help?,Then pat yourself on the back for a decision that wasnt truly your own.If you want to win the contest,Do it fair and square as anyone helping you would make your victory a scam..JMORight, since it'd totally be like he didn't take the photos at all.

Good call. :ThmbUp:

Rutgers
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I think you should go with Awesome Act's Shoe Up-close and Senior Moment.

I think they are both great photographs and will probably stand-out because they are not the "typical" horse racing photo.

Good luck.

Jasonm921
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I think awesome act will be going in but not the close up...the entire photo. That photo was my most exciting because it was referenced on Derby day a few times. A "Senior Moment" is a classic example of a photo that I loved from the beginning but it never caught on with everyone else. I wasn't sure if other people viewed it as cruel but I viewed it as reality.

JustRalph
12-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Right, since it'd totally be like he didn't take the photos at all.

Good call. :ThmbUp:

just remember, we don't have a sarcasm smiley .....yet