PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires suggestions

senortout
12-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Don't really know where to post this, but I have something to contribute towards improving your live race track feeds via TS and the internet.

If you hadn't noticed, and its pretty obvious, you have one main feed from the track you are watching at the moment, with 4 other smaller views from 4 other tracks of your choosing. If you click the 4 squares in those smaller view windows, I believe you can improve your bandwidth feed to the track you are trying to watch at the moment! Someone in the know please tell me if this is just my imagination, cause it really seems to clear up some stuttering and skipping.

An additional thing I have done on that particular web page where races are actually viewed, is invoke adblock plus rules on the advertising on that page. Of course, adblock plus is an add-on for Firefox, which I use almost exclusively anymore. Further suggestions appreciated.

senortout ps no affiliation with Firefox, no ax to grind, just a user

Rapid Grey
12-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Probably doesn't matter where you post the moderators will take it down. That's what they did when I started a thread about Twinspires video being down. Never mind that they don't tell you why.

Guess they want you read to read through multiple pages of posts already on here regarding Twinspires. :confused:

Tom
12-11-2010, 03:37 PM
The three already started in the last hour weren't enough for you? :D

BillW
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Probably doesn't matter where you post the moderators will take it down. That's what they did when I started a thread about Twinspires video being down. Never mind that they don't tell you why.

Guess they want you read to read through multiple pages of posts already on here regarding Twinspires. :confused:

Which one did the moderators take down?

This one: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1016958&postcount=2
or this one?: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1016980&postcount=12

Rapid Grey
12-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Which one did the moderators take down?

This one: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1016958&postcount=2
or this one?: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1016980&postcount=12

the thread taken down is mentioned above in my other post, no explanation given as to a reason.

cj
12-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I've already PMed him that I didn't take any down, other than the one with nothing but an emoticon asking about deleted threads. There were five others about TwinSpires right at the top of the ADW section.

I'd find something better to be mad at moderators about.

Rapid Grey
12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
All I asked for was an explanation, which was never given.

cj replied to me but he wasn't the one that took it down... :bang:

Saratoga_Mike
12-11-2010, 06:23 PM
All I asked for was an explanation, which was never given.

cj replied to me but he wasn't the one that took it down... :bang:

Wasn't it fairly obvious that there were multiple Twin Spire-related threads underway or did you not see them?

senortout
12-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I was hoping for some response on my thread starter, you tried what I suggested for example and it didn't help or it did help etc, etc...and the thread went blahooey on a tech foul.

senortout

Igeteven
12-11-2010, 09:36 PM
They are horrible and don't care about the customer, Blank them.

Saratoga_Mike
12-11-2010, 09:49 PM
They are horrible and don't care about the customer, Blank them.

You must be loving this - there are something like 17 different current Twinspires threads where you can crticize them. Is it possible that they did a poor job planning the technology integration and do actually care about their customers?

Back in 1999, Hershey did a huge SAP (large business software company) implementation, costing over $100 mm. The software was so screwed up that the company was under-inventoried for Halloween (kind of an important holiday for candy companies) and subsquently missed financial projections b/c of the fiasco. Does that mean Hershey doesn't care about its customers or market share? No, they just screwed up. And I can assure you the IT resources at Hershey are much more vast than at Twinspires.

CBedo
12-12-2010, 06:21 PM
You must be loving this - there are something like 17 different current Twinspires threads where you can crticize them. Is it possible that they did a poor job planning the technology integration and do actually care about their customers?

Back in 1999, Hershey did a huge SAP (large business software company) implementation, costing over $100 mm. The software was so screwed up that the company was under-inventoried for Halloween (kind of an important holiday for candy companies) and subsquently missed financial projections b/c of the fiasco. Does that mean Hershey doesn't care about its customers or market share? No, they just screwed up. And I can assure you the IT resources at Hershey are much more vast than at Twinspires.Hershey wasn't the only company that installed enterprise software (especially SAP), and had operating issues because of it. Large numbers of companies missed quarterly projections due to SAP installation issues, but they didn't have millenium bug issues, lol.

Otis11
12-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Hershey wasn't the only company that installed enterprise software (especially SAP), and had operating issues because of it. Large numbers of companies missed quarterly projections due to SAP installation issues, but they didn't have millenium bug issues, lol.
AGREED!!!

I'm a low to mid level IT "guy" and it shocks me to see upper level management with no IT background making IT decisions like what you describe; and I know how bad the long term consequences will be...

:11:

Rapid Grey
12-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Wasn't it fairly obvious that there were multiple Twin Spire-related threads underway or did you not see them?

My topic pertained to the video feed, not Tampa Bay Downs, or did you not see that?