PDA

View Full Version : AQU first race. (Gate Malfunction)

tzipi
12-11-2010, 12:44 PM
The starting gate door opened for the :11: horse way before anyone elses. He then went on to the lead and finished third. Ity was clearly seen in the head on shot. I thought was it's suppose to be a refund or something. In a sport of split seconds, it is an advantage I would think. Maybe not. Anyone else see it?

The_Knight_Sky
12-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Maybe not. Anyone else see it?[

I fully expect to hear :ThmbUp: commentary on this incident on Trips and Traps.

tzipi
12-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I thought it would be at least an inquiry. Maybe they judged quickly that it didn't affect the outcome. I was just wondering if there's a rule on that. First time I ever saw that happen.

Stillriledup
12-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I thought the same thing happened in the last race today at Hollywood. The favorite with P Val LEAPT out of the gate like a jackrabbit, i was like WOH, but when i saw the replay, the gates all opened at the same time, optical illusion made it seem like the fave got a head start.

not saying this is what happened in NY today, just a 'funny you mentioned that' tyoe of moment.

Spiderman
12-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Seemed like a split-second early, from the head-on view. The jockey on #11 is noted for his ability to 'beat-the-gate' and get an early lead.