View Full Version : Madoff's kid hangs himself

JustRalph
12-11-2010, 11:00 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6BA1GE20101211

interesting development

on the Anniversary of Dad's arrest

jognlope
12-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Is the Dad responsible, I think at least partly. Very tragic.

Greyfox
12-11-2010, 12:12 PM

No. The Dad is not responsible.
Each individual adult has to take full responsibility for his/her own life.

johnhannibalsmith
12-11-2010, 12:19 PM

Probably half responsible based upon my understanding of DNA.

bigmack
12-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Is this forum like Twitter to you?

jognlope
12-11-2010, 03:50 PM
And there was a story about a mutilated body falling out of a plane? What was that?

boxcar
12-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Is this forum like Twitter to you?

Is Twitter a species of bird that whispers sweet nothings into people's ears?

Boxcar

jognlope
12-12-2010, 12:51 PM
From Post story:

On Thursday, Madoff dropped off an early Christmas gift to Mercer Parking garage attendant Anthony Diaz, 37 -- a festive card with $400 and a handwritten message to five attendants who parked his black 2008 Land Rover.

"He'd do it every year, but this year he did it early," Diaz said. "I thought he gave it to us early because he was going on vacation."

NJ Stinks
12-12-2010, 01:05 PM
This is the son who turned his Dad in to authorities according to an article I read this morning.

That's a lot of stress all by itself.

(Not condoning suicide here.)

DRIVEWAY
12-12-2010, 03:09 PM
from article above
TRUSTEE'S LAWSUITS
Mark Madoff and other Madoff family members have been sued by the court-appointed trustee Irving Picard trying to recover money for investors defrauded in the Ponzi scheme, a fraud in which early investors are paid with money of new ones.

The trustee says they should have known about the $65 billion fraud and must return money they used to support lavish lifestyles.

Earlier this week, the trustee also sued five Madoff grandchildren, including three children of Mark Madoff, for millions purportedly transferred to them. Mark Madoff and his wife, Stephanie Morgan, had one child, and he had two children with a former wife.

Mark Madoff and his family were on the way to the poor house. He should have negotiated a settlement. It's hard to feel sorry for anyone in this family. Give back the money and feel some of the pain inflicted on others.

Mark Madoff's world was closing in on him but suicide was a cowards way out.
Maybe his wife and children will make restitution.

Saratoga_Mike
12-12-2010, 03:21 PM
from article above
TRUSTEE'S LAWSUITS
Mark Madoff and other Madoff family members have been sued by the court-appointed trustee Irving Picard trying to recover money for investors defrauded in the Ponzi scheme, a fraud in which early investors are paid with money of new ones.

The trustee says they should have known about the $65 billion fraud and must return money they used to support lavish lifestyles.

Earlier this week, the trustee also sued five Madoff grandchildren, including three children of Mark Madoff, for millions purportedly transferred to them. Mark Madoff and his wife, Stephanie Morgan, had one child, and he had two children with a former wife.

Mark Madoff and his family were on the way to the poor house. He should have negotiated a settlement. It's hard to feel sorry for anyone in this family. Give back the money and feel some of the pain inflicted on others.

Mark Madoff's world was closing in on him but suicide was a cowards way out.
Maybe his wife and children will make restitution.

Mark worked on the broker-dealer side of the business, according to news accounts. The broker-dealer side of the business was legit. It's conceivable he wasn't aware of what his father was doing. If that's the case, I feel badly for him, not as much as the Madoff victims of course.

JustRalph
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM
now this things is boring down into 3 generations of Madoff's ?

Bernie Bernie Bernie? What have you done............

boxcar
12-12-2010, 07:01 PM
now this things is boring down into 3 generations of Madoff's ?

Bernie Bernie Bernie? What have you done............

In case you missed the biblical explanation for this, see post #8 in the "transgender" thread. Once again, we have reality as we all know it bearing witness to the truth in scripture.

Boxcar