PDA

View Full Version : Napravnik Believer

strapper
12-10-2010, 06:25 PM
:jump: Anna Napravnik does it again at FG with a $22 winner on the lawn! She may be the best female rider I've ever seen. Appears poised for a breakthrough meeting in New Orleans if this keeps up.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I've said in the past how much I like her as a young rider with a bright future...I'm with you! :ThmbUp:

trackrat59
12-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm in on Anna as well. I'm in MD and have been paying attention to her and she's really great. I wish her all the best.

rgustafson
12-10-2010, 08:40 PM
:jump: Anna Napravnik does it again at FG with a $22 winner on the lawn! She may be THE BEST FEMALE RIDER IV'E EVER SEEN.Appears poised for a breakthrough meeting in New Orleans if this keeps up.

Just wondering, how old are you? (The caps are mine)

strapper
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Just wondering, how old are you? (The caps are mine)

I've been a serious racing fan for half a century. I once congratulated Diane Crump when she won an FG stakes aboard a horse called Easy Lime - I think that was the 1st stakes win for a female rider but I could be wrong.

exiles
12-10-2010, 09:53 PM
:jump: Anna Napravnik does it again at FG with a $22 winner on the lawn! She may be the best female rider I've ever seen. Appears poised for a breakthrough meeting in New Orleans if this keeps up.

I guess you never saw Julie Krone ride.:jump:

lamboguy
12-10-2010, 09:56 PM
she is a gutsy little rider. never saw her chicken to come up the inside either. she is not that far away from becoming an elite rider either. she has great hands as well, she is getting better at studying pace of race and where to position herself during the race for her best shot. i would thing that she is riding in a great meet with other great riders and she will leave there better than when she walked into the place.

another real good female rider is chauntel southerland. she is excellent at pace. she is a little different than anna napravnik.

cj's dad
12-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Anna Rose is the real deal - you go girl !!

Grits
12-12-2010, 09:32 AM
One can hope Rosie has an outstanding meet at Fairgrounds!!! When you can roll with the NY colony, you can ride anywhere and get the job done well. Much good racing luck for Anna Rose. Cjd, I didn't know this was her full name. What a beautiful one.

teddy
12-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Shes a journeywoman rider. been around years... rides like Day... accept shes yet to learn to false hope them... like the master.

PhantomOnTour
12-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Best female rider in North America

strapper
12-14-2010, 01:48 PM
I guess you never saw Julie Krone ride.:jump:

Yes I certainly saw Julie Krone, and while she was gifted, she isn't in the same class as this new girl coming up.

dartman51
12-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Check out the video. Pay attention to what Bob Klesaris has to say about her. For those that might not know him, he was a leading trainer, instrumental in Julie Krones success.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/watch/41336F35-81B9-4A99-A49F-E37390859F15

exiles
12-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes I certainly saw Julie Krone, and while she was gifted, she isn't in the same class as this new girl coming up.:lol:

While i think that Anna is a very good rider she has a long way to go before she can be mentioned in the same breath as J. Krone, JULIE won riding titles at BEL, GULF . MED , AC. and won a triple crown race, look up the jockey colonies at BEL and GULF when she won those rider titles.

dartman51
12-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Shes a journeywoman rider. been around years... rides like Day... accept shes yet to learn to false hope them... like the master.

Well....not all that long. She was an apprentice in 2006, was runner up to Julien Leparoux, that year for the Eclipse award for outstanding apprentice. She had 300 wins that year. She is good. :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
12-17-2010, 03:35 AM
there's a young rider named julien leparoux who has a chance to catch on in the business.

strapper
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
While i think that Anna is a very good rider she has a long way to go before she can be mentioned in the same breath as J. Krone, JULIE won riding titles at BEL, GULF . MED , AC. and won a triple crown race, look up the jockey colonies at BEL and GULF when she won those rider titles.

I'm not saying Julie wasn't a great rider, not at all. Horses really, really ran for her. I just think Napravnik has super potential and is finally getting her due.

lamboguy
12-17-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm not saying Julie wasn't a great rider, not at all. Horses really, really ran for her. I just think Napravnik has super potential and is finally getting her due.i know that rosie doesn't have klesaris as her agent. maybe she should bring snake cooper out of retirement. he was julie's agent for years and he had a nice ride. last i heard the snake had a bus company going back and forth from maryland to atlantic city. he just might be available!

toussaud
12-17-2010, 03:21 PM
I licked my chops when I found out she was going to the fair grounds. outside of robby that's a pretty sub par group of riders. she is tearing them up right now

I think you got to start putting her in the convo for top 15 type jockey period, regardless of sex.

Si2see
12-18-2010, 01:41 AM
I have always thought the world of her riding abilities. She has had a lot of injuries and setbacks in her career so far, I do remember seeing in person what I believe was her worst spill of all, she was riding a really nice northern afleet horse at colonial two or three summers ago, I believe the horse's name was Afleet Lulu or something like that, I was standing 30 feet past the finish line, the filly was flying home late and took a bad step about ten jumps from the wire.... was the longest 5 minutes of my life, I knew the horse would be put down which was terrible such a young talented filly, but never thought Rosie would walk again ( and didn't know if she was even alive )

strapper
12-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I have always thought the world of her riding abilities. She has had a lot of injuries and setbacks in her career so far, I do remember seeing in person what I believe was her worst spill of all, she was riding a really nice northern afleet horse at colonial two or three summers ago, I believe the horse's name was Afleet Lulu or something like that, I was standing 30 feet past the finish line, the filly was flying home late and took a bad step about ten jumps from the wire.... was the longest 5 minutes of my life, I knew the horse would be put down which was terrible such a young talented filly, but never thought Rosie would walk again ( and didn't know if she was even alive )

That's awful. Jockeys come back from this stuff all the time, though. Most courageous of all athletes! I am the world's largest champion for jockeys and what they do.

toussaud
12-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I remember that race. it was a turf sprint if I am not mistaken and that was a horrible spill

skate
12-18-2010, 02:45 PM
that's final, i'll vote for Anna.

seems like, since the ladies are most likely smaller and to ride you must be smaller, begets the question, where are the lady jocks?

wide open pastures babe...:confused:

Si2see
12-19-2010, 01:27 PM
I remember that race. it was a turf sprint if I am not mistaken and that was a horrible spill

It was a turf race , in fact I am 90% sure the horse was number 8, very nice young horse, I was upset for the horse no doubt because you could tell instantly she would have to be put down, but then when rosie didn't move, and they cut the silks off that's when you know something is WRONG