PDA

View Full Version : Obama walks out on Bill Clinton

ArlJim78
12-10-2010, 05:28 PM
this is surreal. Obama and Bill Clinton are making a statement and answering a couple of questions about the tax cut deal after meeting at the Whitehouse. Suddenly Obama interrupts. "Hey I have to run, Michelle is waiting for me", and walks off leaving Clinton standing their at the podium.

unreal, just when you think you've seen everything.
video at the link

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/12/10/obama_ditches_tax_cut_presser_after_bill_clinton_t akes_control.html

bigmack
12-10-2010, 06:29 PM
We will learn at some point that this meeting did not go well at all.

Clinton saying I don't want to make her mad. Please go!

It was all B.O. could do to shake his hand and feign a smile.

JustRalph
12-10-2010, 07:03 PM
if he comes back with a another busted lip........we know why............

Mike at A+
12-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Now here is the REAL question for the libs. If Nancy Pelosi goes along with Bill's advice and votes on the bill after ignoring the same advice from Obama,

DOES THAT MAKE HER A RACIST???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

JustRalph
12-10-2010, 09:56 PM
The scariest thing in the world to me when watching this fiasco, and horrible PR move for Obammy btw, was I felt strangely more comfortable when Clinton got behind that podium..........

I would trade these two in a heartbeat..... and I hated Clinton......... :bang:

ArlJim78
12-10-2010, 10:02 PM
I also hated Clinton, he made me gag. But with that said, Clinton was infinitely more presidential than Obama, not to mention a great deal smarter.

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2010, 10:17 PM
That really was unbelievably awkward and really downright rude...

How embarrassing.

GameTheory
12-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I also hated Clinton, he made me gag. But with that said, Clinton was infinitely more presidential than Obama, not to mention a great deal smarter.It's strange -- Clinton wasn't much a leader, but he was a great follower (of the polls, and therefore the people's will to some degree -- Clinton really doesn't have a set of hard-core beliefs of his own). So that makes him less desirable than a truly great leader who also has a great and "correct" vision of where we should be headed, but at the same time it makes him much better than a guy with a "wrong" vision like Obama. At least Obama is also a poor leader. (The worst of the worst is a great leader with a disastrous vision.) I too would swap them in a minute. Heck, I'd take Hillary over Obama. I think I'd rather suffer through Obama over Gore, however, as Gore's ideas are just as bad but he might just be more effective at implementing them without incurring such wrath...

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Heck, I'd take Hillary over Obama.Be careful what you wish for...(I know, I know...you weren't wishing)

Hank
12-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Wow.You cats never cease to amaze me. Bill Clinton is the guy responsible for the repel of Glass-Steagall, and the passing of NAFTA, the one two punch that put us on the matt in the first place.He's the Oligarch's go to guy,he's a "Dem" he stands with the "working man" lol you got to give it up to these cats their good."

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Wow.You cats never cease to amaze me. Bill Clinton is the guy responsible for the repel of Glass-Steagall, and the passing of NAFTA, the one two punch that put us on the matt in the first place.He's the Oligarch's go to guy,he's a "Dem" he stands with the "working man" lol you got to give it up to these cats their good."I think we need to revisit some of your past postings if we are indeed to be truly amazed.

NJ Stinks
12-11-2010, 12:21 AM
The move today was unorthodox but if you wanted to be represented by somebody, you'd go a long way before you found somebody better than Bill Clinton to speak on your behalf. Especially when the intended audience were fellow Democrats.

johnhannibalsmith
12-11-2010, 12:31 AM
The move today was unorthodox but if you wanted to be represented by somebody, you'd go a long way before you found somebody better than Bill Clinton to speak on your behalf. Especially when the intended audience were fellow Democrats.

Mr. Weiner?

NJ Stinks
12-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Mr. Weiner?

I like the guy a lot. He can represent my district any time. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

highnote
12-11-2010, 04:07 AM
The scariest thing in the world to me when watching this fiasco, and horrible PR move for Obammy btw, was I felt strangely more comfortable when Clinton got behind that podium..........

I would trade these two in a heartbeat..... and I hated Clinton......... :bang:

Someday when a truly awful president is elected you guys are going to post here in off-topic about how much you miss the days when Sarah Palin was president. :D

jognlope
12-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Making a huge deal out of nothing as usual.

lamboguy
12-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Someday when a truly awful president is elected you guys are going to post here in off-topic about how much you miss the days when Sarah Palin was president. :Dpromise her anything, but give her "arpa^ge"

ArlJim78
12-11-2010, 09:08 AM
iowahawk (http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2008/11/obama-names-bill-clinton-to-president-post.html) called it two years ago!:lol:
excerpt:
Obama Names Bill Clinton to Presidential Post

WASHINGTON DC - Ending weeks of speculation and rumors, President-Elect Barack Obama today named Bill Clinton to join his incoming administration as President of the United States, where he will head the federal government's executive branch.

"I am pleased that Bill Clinton has agreed to come out of retirement to head up this crucial post in my administration," said Obama. "He brings a lifetime of previous executive experience as Governor of Arkansas and President of the United States, and has worked closely with most of the members of my Cabinet."

Clinton said he was "excited and honored" by the appointment, and would work "day and night" to defeat all the key policy objectives proposed by Mr. Obama during the campaign.

Spiderman
12-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Entering the coven of Conservative thread here . . .

The Black Caucus voted against the "deal". Clinton is the first black President and O needed his voice to support "deal". I can tell when Clinton is lying - we have all seen plenty of it - and he was at the briefing.

Say what you will about Clinton. He balanced the budget and we had zero deficit when he left office.

GaryG
12-11-2010, 09:24 AM
That was a surreal moment.....Barry didn't look very presidential as he made his exit. Can't keep Michelle waiting, even at a critical time like this. Talk about one and done...dems are going to come out of the woodwork to challenge him in 2012.

Tom
12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
What would have been really "classy" would have been for Bill to have handed Barry a tip as he exited.:D

Hank
12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I think we need to revisit some of your past postings if we are indeed to be truly amazed.

Ya got nothing, gotcha.

JustRalph
12-11-2010, 10:47 AM
What would have been really "classy" would have been for Bill to have handed Barry a tip as he exited.:D

Tom, that's great........ :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Give the guy a friggin' break... It had been damn near a half hour - the guy just needed to get out for a smoke.

johnhannibalsmith
12-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I like the guy a lot. He can represent my district any time. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Just don't let him represent you in a courtroom. I like him too, just not quite the way you do. I like his zest and irritability, but he's more flight than fight when he gets cornered.

dartman51
12-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Give the guy a friggin' break... It had been damn near a half hour - the guy just needed to get out for a smoke.

There was nothing left on his teleprompter, so he had nothing more to say.

boxcar
12-11-2010, 01:10 PM
There was nothing left on his teleprompter, so he had nothing more to say.

This is why Bill and Obama would make a perfect presidential team. Bill never runs out of words and doesn't need a teleprompter to speak. He'd be great in picking up BO's slack.

Boxcar

Tom
12-11-2010, 02:58 PM
This is why Bill and Obama would make a perfect presidential team. Bill never runs out of words and doesn't need a teleprompter to speak. He'd be great in picking up BO's slack.

Boxcar

He has a better chance of picking up BO's wife!:eek:

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Making a huge deal out of nothing as usual.You wouldn't be posting this if it was Bush who walked out on Clinton.

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Ya got nothing, gotcha.Is this a dare?