PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires yesterday

firstoffclaim
12-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I put in bets on the 7th-9th races at Aqueduct yesterday, they lost yet I was credited by Twinspires as if they were scratched or Twinspires never received the bets in their system. As far as I know the bets were accepted, but I do know that Twinspires had tote trouble yesterday. I'm wondering what would have happened if the bets had won, and also if anyone else experienced this.

mamaluke
12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I was unable to open files to watch past races after the 6th race at Acqueduct

They seemed to have problems yesterday

Aner
12-10-2010, 11:49 AM
A few months ago, Twinspires returned bettors money on a race when they had tote trouble. I had a small exacta and was unhappy because there was no indication the bet did not go through. They decided to credit my account with the amount I would have won. It gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling about their operation. I won't guarantee they will do it again, particularly it were the last leg of a pick 6.

lamboguy
12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
even though they have alot of problems with their website right now, they are all standup guys. they promised to have brisstats and they finally produced them yesterday and they weren't bad. i am glad that alot of people are sticking with them through this tough time for them. they will work out great.

railbird
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
I had the 7th race triple, the first after a few weeks of real tuff losses, not noticing anything wrong I played the 8th race my first bet was taken but I was shut out for my second bet, BOTH lost ,still not realizing there was a problem with twinspire I was checking the 9th I tried to make a bet but got the message insufficent funds.!!
Thats when I checked my acct they returned my losing bet in the 8th but I was not paid for the triple in the 7th yet. I called and they said I would be paid IF the bet went in before the problem occured........well I did get paid later on ....PHEW

PaceAdvantage
12-10-2010, 10:38 PM
I bet the 9th...and won...and only got my money back...luckily, the amount of money i won was barely above break even, so I didn't have much of a beef...had I made a score in that race, I would be royally pissed.

BTW, I did NOT bet through TwinSpires, but through another former AmericaTab offshoot...racelinebet.com...so it appears to have been a problem with all those former AmericaTab systems now formally owned by Churchill Downs.

BreadandButter
12-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Over the past week and a half I have had numerous wagers either not accepted or when utilizing the “all” button having tickets with the occasional runner missing in the “all” slot. Many times I’ve placed these wagers, submitted them and then the system appears to hang.

When I go into the Wager List tab to check on what has been accepted and what hasn’t it either hangs, loads slowly, loads incorrectly formatted with each wager scrolling over two lines and never with a side bar (as Youbet’s did) allowing one to scroll down and see all of the wagers placed for that particular race.

Then I go to “Manage My Account” and choose “Recall Today’s Bets” and I am frequently greeted with the message, “Due to heavy traffic, your request could not be completed”.

Being primarily a superfecta player this breakdown of their system has cost me a significant amount of money. As if it couldn’t get any worse I did play the 9th at Aqueduct on 12/09 and did have the superfecta. Of course my time and effort were completely wasted as the wager was simply refunded.

What I have experienced during this short time with Twin Spires in my opinion is completely inexcusable. I’m at a complete loss as to why anyone would utilize such a service. Over the past few decades I’ve wagered at facilities from Key West to New Hampshire, Del Mar to Portland and many places in between. I’ve had accounts with approximately a dozen Internet and phone wagering services. Never, have I been subjected to what I have experienced with Twin Spires.

I was a Platinum player with Youbet and with the transition received a letter from the “Senior Director of VIP Services” with Twin Spires welcoming me. As of this minute I’m considering calling this individual Monday morning to express my displeasure. Unfortunately, it will probably do nothing for me other than to elevate my blood pressure.

On a side note; I noticed yet another tote issue on Twin Spires on Friday evening prior to the running of Mountaineer’s 7th race. With 4 MTP while watching on Dish Network I saw the #2 was 2/5 at the track. Twin Spires had this horse listed at 6/1, yet when checking the win pool on Twin Spires the horse had significantly more money than anyone else in the race – matter of fact 3.75 times the amount the #3 had at the time whom was listed as 2/1 at Twin Spires.

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2010, 08:44 PM
It's quite obvious that when it comes to TwinSpires, the merge with YouBet is NOT going smoothly at all...

lamboguy
12-11-2010, 09:06 PM
It's quite obvious that when it comes to TwinSpires, the merge with YouBet is NOT going smoothly at all...that is an understatement!

Kelso
12-16-2010, 03:45 PM
they promised to have brisstats and they finally produced them yesterday and they weren't bad.

Lambo,
What are "brisstats?" Are they digital and downloadable?

Thank you.

Beachbabe
12-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Over the past week and a half I have had numerous wagers either not accepted or when utilizing the “all” button having tickets with the occasional runner missing in the “all” slot. Many times I’ve placed these wagers, submitted them and then the system appears to hang.

When I go into the Wager List tab to check on what has been accepted and what hasn’t it either hangs, loads slowly, loads incorrectly formatted with each wager scrolling over two lines and never with a side bar (as Youbet’s did) allowing one to scroll down and see all of the wagers placed for that particular race.

Then I go to “Manage My Account” and choose “Recall Today’s Bets” and I am frequently greeted with the message, “Due to heavy traffic, your request could not be completed”.

Being primarily a superfecta player this breakdown of their system has cost me a significant amount of money. As if it couldn’t get any worse I did play the 9th at Aqueduct on 12/09 and did have the superfecta. Of course my time and effort were completely wasted as the wager was simply refunded.

What I have experienced during this short time with Twin Spires in my opinion is completely inexcusable. I’m at a complete loss as to why anyone would utilize such a service. Over the past few decades I’ve wagered at facilities from Key West to New Hampshire, Del Mar to Portland and many places in between. I’ve had accounts with approximately a dozen Internet and phone wagering services. Never, have I been subjected to what I have experienced with Twin Spires.

I was a Platinum player with Youbet and with the transition received a letter from the “Senior Director of VIP Services” with Twin Spires welcoming me. As of this minute I’m considering calling this individual Monday morning to express my displeasure. Unfortunately, it will probably do nothing for me other than to elevate my blood pressure.

On a side note; I noticed yet another tote issue on Twin Spires on Friday evening prior to the running of Mountaineer’s 7th race. With 4 MTP while watching on Dish Network I saw the #2 was 2/5 at the track. Twin Spires had this horse listed at 6/1, yet when checking the win pool on Twin Spires the horse had significantly more money than anyone else in the race – matter of fact 3.75 times the amount the #3 had at the time whom was listed as 2/1 at Twin Spires.

I've never had a problem with Twinspires. Everyone of my wagers was accepted everytime. I may not be considered a "platinum" bettor but I must average 8 bets per day....every day.
What happened to you about the "heavy trafiic" when you went to recall bets has happened to me maybe 3 times and 2 of those times were on the same day (can't recall the day right now). BTW, you don't have to go to "manage my account" to get the bets you posted that day-----there is a grey band that says "track"---"race"---- "wager type"---"amount"-----"more options". Under the "more options" there is a dropdown menu that says "select"; you can select "recall todays bets".

As far as your other problems I can't recall a disparagement in the odds between a live feed & Twinspires other than Twinspires may have been a few seconds behind in updating the odds.
I'm not saying these things didn't happen to you but I thought one post by a somewhat satisfied user could be heard. (and yes, I'm not happy with Twinspires not taking bets on Tampa).

lamboguy
12-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Lambo,
What are "brisstats?" Are they digital and downloadable?

Thank you.if you use twinspires express, bristats are underneath the horse and sire and dam and trainer. click underneath the line under the names and you will get good stats if they are working. there are still alot of problems with the site with all these added things on it. i recommended for them to build a new website that works all the time with regular maintenance.

the day with the problem with the aqueduct wagers got handled as good as possible. they paid all the winners minus their bets and returned all the losers the money that they wagered. i don't know if you could possibly ask for more. they have their problems and know about them and are trying to work through them. i guess it was not the easiest of mergers with youbet.

Kelso
12-16-2010, 07:37 PM
if you use twinspires express, bristats are underneath the horse and sire and dam and trainer. click underneath the line under the names and you will get good stats if they are working. there are still alot of problems with the site with all these added things on it. i recommended for them to build a new website that works all the time with regular maintenance.

Thank you. (New feature to me ... haven't used TS Express.) And I agree with your suggested approach to improving their site. I think they'd retain a lot more customers that way.

lamboguy
12-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Thank you. (New feature to me ... haven't used TS Express.) And I agree with your suggested approach to improving their site. I think they'd retain a lot more customers that way.the guy that i deal with there is super, he came over from calder where he ran a VIP room. the guy knows about all the problems that is going on with the system. i am still playing there, but i have slowed down to a snails pace. i was betting like an animal for years with youbet because i go from one thing to the other in seconds. the system here was not built the same way that youbet was. i always have had more than 1 adw for various reasons. like this week twinspires doesn't have a contract with tampa. or the system crashes. the way things are going it will take some time to get the website right.

HUSKER55
12-17-2010, 01:46 AM
HOW COME twinspires dropped YOUBET's format, or webpage if it worked better than what they have now. Why reinvent the wheel? Don't they own both of them now?

lamboguy
12-17-2010, 02:07 AM
HOW COME twinspires dropped YOUBET's format, or webpage if it worked better than what they have now. Why reinvent the wheel? Don't they own both of them now?YOUBET platform was the best around, but it was a highly technical site to maintain. when twinspires bought youbet they offered the technical people raises in pay and big moving expenses to move to their operation in northern california. because these people were all underwater in the homes they bought and moving to palo alto was much more expensive than living in woodland hills, they all refused to go with the new company. it really would have made sense to keep the old platform and switch all their twinspires users over to youbet, but it was impossible to do for mechanical purposes.

what twinspires is going to have to do is build another website and use that one solely. it will be easier to maintain and more cost effective.

BreadandButter
12-17-2010, 03:25 AM
I've never had a problem with Twinspires. Everyone of my wagers was accepted everytime. I may not be considered a "platinum" bettor but I must average 8 bets per day....every day.

Being a superfecta player I often make numerous wagers - having two or three dozen wagers per race is not out of the norm. Perhaps this is one of the reasons as to why I may be experiencing such issues.

I've tried to access my wagers a few different ways - i.e., from the wager pad for "current race" for the tabs "wagers" etc.. However some of those options don't allow to scroll down as the Youbet interface did.

sjk
12-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Being a superfecta player I often make numerous wagers - having two or three dozen wagers per race is not out of the norm. Perhaps this is one of the reasons as to why I may be experiencing such issues.

I've tried to access my wagers a few different ways - i.e., from the wager pad for "current race" for the tabs "wagers" etc.. However some of those options don't allow to scroll down as the Youbet interface did.

The "upload draft" works great for submitting a long list of plays.

BreadandButter
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
The "upload draft" works great for submitting a long list of plays.

Where is that found?

Mechanic
12-17-2010, 09:42 PM
The "upload draft" works great for submitting a long list of plays. (not so great)
I have had the upload draft lose multiple wagers a number of times, Youbet had it down right, place multiple wagers through the wager queue and bing bang done deal, never missed a beat, Twinspires sucks, my play has dropped by five figures :ThmbDown:

Beachbabe
12-17-2010, 11:21 PM

Sorry, B&B, I was speaking from a totally different experience. I've never made anything close to that many wagers on one race, so I shouldn't have addressed your problem.

sjk
12-18-2010, 07:14 AM
(not so great)
I have had the upload draft lose multiple wagers a number of times, Youbet had it down right, place multiple wagers through the wager queue and bing bang done deal, never missed a beat, Twinspires sucks, my play has dropped by five figures :ThmbDown:

It did not work properly the first few days after the Youbet transfer. I did call to make them aware of the problem (which may have been unrelated to things being fixed) and after those first few days it has been fully functional.

I have made several hundred bets without a problem. For me it is faster than the wager queue.

B&B,

It is found on the drop down menu (which has select at the top) on the classic bet page.

SpotPlays
12-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I use the classic version as a longtime customer and this seems to work much better. The youbet versions appear to have all sorts of issues.