pretty good. If i make a list based on final expectations =
1. Green Bay
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. New Orleans
5. Indianapolis

Marshall Bennett
12-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Believe any of those ten teams could be number 1 at any given time. How many teams are really that good this year overall?

Valuist
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
New England hasn't done much wrong. They did stub their toe against Cleveland (at Cleve) but the Saints did too, and at home. They have more quality wins. I think Green Bay would be more of a threat if they could run the ball, which they have been unable to do all year. Atlanta doesn't wow anyone with huge margin wins; they just get it done. And Pittsburgh would not be a surprise at all if they won the Super Bowl.

But there are several teams in the top 10 I don't see winning the SB. The Jets were exposed a bit last night. Their D clearly isn't what it was in 2009. I'm a Bears fan but I don't believe they are SB quality. Both the Jets and Bears have feasted on sub .500 teams. The Giants, without Nicks and Smith, clearly won't scare anyone and a good run D would shut them down. With those two, however, they are a legit threat. I also think Philly won't get there. They obviously have flashes of brilliance and great speed but come January, power > speed. I'm also not overly impressed by their defense. Baltimore is good but I believe just a cut below Super Bowl quality.

Zippy Chippy
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
1. Green Bay
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. New Orleans
5. Indianapolis

Be pretty crazy if your top pick isn't even in the playoffs!! VERY POSSIBLE! I think the Pack at home is the bet of the year.

Valuist
12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
1. Green Bay
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. New Orleans
5. Indianapolis

Indy at 5? They would need a lot of players to return; Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Sessions and Brackett at LB; Addai to play a full game without getting hurt. Just seems like a throwaway season with all the injuries and as good as # 18 is, even he can't save them. They are in real danger of missing the playoffs. The wildcard is not coming out of the AFC South.

PhantomOnTour
12-08-2010, 12:08 AM
As a Steelers fan I think it's fair to say that they are ranked a bit too high. Imagine if that Bills receiver holds on to that pass in OT and imagine if they didn't get that HUGELY fortunate call against Miami...they're 7-5 and in no one's top 5.

In the beginning of the season I thought the balance of power was in the AFC, but as things have gone on I think the NFC has most of the good teams. Nobody wants to go to Green Bay or the Giants in January, Saints are the defending champs, and Atlanta is solid.

My top 5:
1) New England
2) New Orleans
3) NY Giants (say what? This is a team built for the playoffs...strong running
game, tough front 7 on D, cold weather capable)
4) Atlanta
5) Pittsburgh/Green Bay

Robert Fischer
12-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Be pretty crazy if your top pick isn't even in the playoffs!! VERY POSSIBLE! I think the Pack at home is the bet of the year.

YEA.
IIRC they still have NYG, CHI, and New England left out of their last 4!
At least Chicago is their division rival.
Not even a Packers fan here, but dangerous if they make it.

Robert Fischer
12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Indy at 5?

Longest shot on my list for sure.
However, I like Indy somewhat better than any other 5th team. Their remaining schedule is no cake walk, and they've possibly dug an insurmountable hole...

It's still a passer's league. Manning is still the elite passer. There are still guys for Manning to throw to. He's a perfectionist who's going to be replaying the last couple games. Whether teams try to imitate the recent looks he's seen, or stay in their base packages, look for Indy to make a strong run. They may be the best betting team, until if/when they run out of life.

Robert Goren
12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
With Nicks and Smith returning soon the G-men look strong. NE seems to getting better as each passes. They look the Super Bowl teams right now. Some team(s) will probably gel in the last weeks or in the playoffs and take one or both out.

MadTiger
12-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Believe any of those ten teams could be number 1 at any given time. How many teams are really that good this year overall?

Not many. As a Browns fan, I was looking at that list. We beat two out of the top 5. And not just beat, but pounded.

My point: It's wide open in the top echelon of the NFL.

Valuist
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Longest shot on my list for sure.
However, I like Indy somewhat better than any other 5th team. Their remaining schedule is no cake walk, and they've possibly dug an insurmountable hole...

It's still a passer's league. Manning is still the elite passer. There are still guys for Manning to throw to. He's a perfectionist who's going to be replaying the last couple games. Whether teams try to imitate the recent looks he's seen, or stay in their base packages, look for Indy to make a strong run. They may be the best betting team, until if/when they run out of life.

Come playoff time, I'll take the team that is good running the ball. Yes, Manning is one of the all time greats but 11 INTS in his last 3 games.....hasn't been done since Aaron Brooks. But the Colts are on fumes. Just too many missing pieces.

Robert Fischer
12-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Come playoff time, I'll take the team that is good running the ball. Yes, Manning is one of the all time greats but 11 INTS in his last 3 games.....hasn't been done since Aaron Brooks. But the Colts are on fumes. Just too many missing pieces.

Still a little gas in the tank. :) -3 was a gift here

Robert Fischer
12-09-2010, 11:30 PM

HAHAH :lol::lol::lol: that was bullshit lol

Valuist
12-09-2010, 11:30 PM

THAT was the definitive backdoor by the Titans. No, they didn't deserve the cover and trailed the whole game.....but at the pay window they never ask how or why.

Robert Fischer
12-09-2010, 11:47 PM
THAT was the definitive backdoor by the Titans. No, they didn't deserve the cover and trailed the whole game.....but at the pay window they never ask how or why.

well i was wrong. I accept it. You have to account for weak defenses like Indy to go into the bend-don't-break when up big. They sure played a little tight for a team that's fighting for the playoffs.

At least the it was a touchdown and not a meaningless 40yarder or something to break the pointspread:D

slew101
12-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Tough beat. Sometimes it pays to take the ML even at 2-1 odds.

I went right to the gambling boards after this one, and of course, tons of threads saying the game was fixed. Nope, just a awful beat. 21-0 lead and the Titans covered. :bang:

well i was wrong. I accept it. You have to account for weak defenses like Indy to go into the bend-don't-break when up big. They sure played a little tight for a team that's fighting for the playoffs.

At least the it was a touchdown and not a meaningless 40yarder or something to break the pointspread:D