PDA

View Full Version : Turn out the lights-McDaniel

Valuist
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
How do you not make it thru your second full NFL season when you start out 6-0? You go 5-17 in your next 22 games. In the words of Hawk Harrelson re: Josh McDaniel, "he gone"

Rookies
12-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Lotsa time for the Jim Rome show now Boy Ligthning... :lol:

slew101
12-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Another Belichick assistant goes down in flames. McDaniels was the worst coach of the four, by far. This clown totally screwed up the Super Bowl loss to the Giants by not adjusting his game plan at halftime to account for the Giants' pass rushers.

Let's see. Crenel, fired. Weis, fired. Mangini, fired. McDaniels, fired. Mangini possibly avoiding a second firing for now.

Denver's owner did the right thing, admitting his mistake and starting over.

Valuist
12-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Agreed, although (assuming there is no strike---a big assumption), Denver will be paying 3 coaches in 2011: Shanahan, McDaniel, and the new hire. Not a good way to do business.

Relwob Owner
12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Agreed, although (assuming there is no strike---a big assumption), Denver will be paying 3 coaches in 2011: Shanahan, McDaniel, and the new hire. Not a good way to do business.

Not positive but arent most contracts set up where you stop paying the coaches if they get new jobs? I am pretty sure they are, based on something I read regarding Dan Snyder and his revolving door of coaches.....

slew101
12-09-2010, 11:57 PM
I think so, but Shanahan had so much money left on his contract with Denver, it's possible he made a deal with Bowlen, allowing the Broncos to cut some of that salary in exchange for letting him sign with Washington. So he might still be getting some of the contract money from Denver as well as his Washington money.

Not positive but arent most contracts set up where you stop paying the coaches if they get new jobs? I am pretty sure they are, based on something I read regarding Dan Snyder and his revolving door of coaches.....

Robert Goren
12-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Most coaches reach a cash settlement with a team when they are fired. Denver's defense is a train wreck. Whoever takes over has their work cut out for them overhauling it.

Valuist
12-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I think so, but Shanahan had so much money left on his contract with Denver, it's possible he made a deal with Bowlen, allowing the Broncos to cut some of that salary in exchange for letting him sign with Washington. So he might still be getting some of the contract money from Denver as well as his Washington money.

I believe you are correct. I did hear that Denver is still paying both Shanahan and McDaniel so you definitely won't see Bill Cowher or Gruden coaching in Denver next year.

Relwob Owner
12-12-2010, 10:46 PM

Got it....must be nice to get fired and have it be a good career move!