PDA

View Full Version : christmas wish

Cholly
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey Santa,

I’ve got a short list this year: I want a Triple Crown for horses 4&up. I know there’s already a Triple Crown, but that one’s for 3yo’s…and maturity-wise, that’s like watching college-ball. Nothing wrong with that, Santa. But I want to see The Best at their best, racing the rest of the best—thrice in a row on just 4 weeks rest.

It wouldn’t be all that hard, Santa. The Big Cap is already in place (and back on God’s earth). Run the Stephen Foster the week after The Derby, (that oh-so-brief window when interest is at a pitch) and then move The Woodward onto the card with The Belmont Stakes. Since NYRA, Churchill, & Magna each get a slice, they should cooperate.

All you’d have to do, Santa, is lay out some serious incentive to make sure the horses show up. Don’t pull a NTRA and suggest some silly thing with “points”; points are for games with boys in short pants. It’s gotta’ be cash, Santa, and shit-loads of it. You could get a corporate sponsor or two and give a million bucks to any horse who hits the board in all three races; or maybe just double their prize money if they run in all three races. I don’t know--you work out those details. Just make it happen, Santa.

Best to you and the elves,
Cholly

woodtoo
12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
How could the big guy deny your short list,as long as you've been nice and not
naughty :D :D

CBedo
12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
With so many of our best horses either retired or injured before their 4 year old campaign, I don't think it would have that much appeal (to me as a bettor, I guess). If anything, I'd think owners and breeders would be for it, because it would be one more way to get bigger purses for them.

Cardus
12-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Hey Santa,

I’ve got a short list this year: I want a Triple Crown for horses 4&up. I know there’s already a Triple Crown, but that one’s for 3yo’s…and maturity-wise, that’s like watching college-ball. Nothing wrong with that, Santa. But I want to see The Best at their best, racing the rest of the best—thrice in a row on just 4 weeks rest.

It wouldn’t be all that hard, Santa. The Big Cap is already in place (and back on God’s earth). Run the Stephen Foster the week after The Derby, (that oh-so-brief window when interest is at a pitch) and then move The Woodward onto the card with The Belmont Stakes. Since NYRA, Churchill, & Magna each get a slice, they should cooperate.

All you’d have to do, Santa, is lay out some serious incentive to make sure the horses show up. Don’t pull a NTRA and suggest some silly thing with “points”; points are for games with boys in short pants. It’s gotta’ be cash, Santa, and shit-loads of it. You could get a corporate sponsor or two and give a million bucks to any horse who hits the board in all three races; or maybe just double their prize money if they run in all three races. I don’t know--you work out those details. Just make it happen, Santa.

Best to you and the elves,
Cholly

After reading the highlighted portion, I thought that this was going to be some kind of Christmas poem. Not to be, though.

Also, I haven't sat on Santa's lap for a while now, but I don't think it is wise to ask Santa for "shit-loads" of anything. It doesn't play well at the North Pole, if memory serves.