PDA

View Full Version : Mythical Adam Ink tablet

redshift1
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
According to various news reports Adam Ink a electronics firm based in India is supposed to release their new tablet line sometime this week.

Big screen, flash, 15-20 hours of use per charge and a back-lit eReader all this for less than the ipad.

Sounds good but the lack of independent hands on reviews and multiple delays
seem to hard to ignore. I'm getting a tablet but not this one.

Think all the buzz on this is just buzz.

http://www.notionink.com/

redshift1
12-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Correction the company name is Notion Ink and the tablet is called Adam.

bigmack
12-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Bangalore built. :rolleyes:

The Adam Tablet is a tablet computer currently under development by Bangalore-based firm Notion Ink. The US launch is expected before 25 December 2010. Currently (November 2010), the Indian launch is expected 1–2 weeks after the US launch.

The Adam will run a customized version of the Android operating system. The Adam is set to be the first device marketed to contain Pixel Qi's low-power, dual-mode display. The device is one of several tablet form-factor devices launching in 2010 to include a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor that can support 1080p video output.

Notion Ink later reported that they would offer a range of Adam tablets. A model with an LCD display and Wi-Fi only will cost $399, while a model with the Pixel Qi display and 3G will cost $498, with other permutations of display and network connection at intermediate prices.

eQvefuCHZds

toetoe
12-07-2010, 05:04 PM
What's their plan for cheap labor ? I mean, ya can't just use yer own countrymen ... can ya ? (:Scratching head.)

redshift1
12-07-2010, 05:21 PM
What's their plan for cheap labor ? I mean, ya can't just use yer own countrymen ... can ya ? (:Scratching head.)

Mice with human brains.

redshift1
12-10-2010, 12:19 AM
If I was getting the ADAM this would certainly change my mind.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/12/09/notion-ink-preorder-page-return-policy-are-arousing-suspicion-anger/