PDA

View Full Version : Turn out the lights, the party's over....

Tom
12-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Dandy Don Meridith of Monday Night Football fame died last night.

BillW
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
A Classic, part of the glory days of MNF. RIP Dandy :(

Greyfox
12-06-2010, 01:20 PM
A great guy. RIP

cj
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I loved when he would rip Howard Cosell. Cosell was villain #1 in Baltimore for a few years.

sonnyp
12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
he and howard were doing a game which was a hopeless blowout.

howard, in an attempt to salvage the viewing audience presented a scenario where the losing team could climb back into it. " if this, and if that , and again if this followed by another if that....this can become a competitive contest" !

meredith's response, " if, ifs and buts was candy and nuts...... we'd all have a merry christmas"!

rare moment of silence from cosell.

BlueShoe
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Whenever Monday Night Football is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is the team of Don Meridith, Howard Cosell, and Frank Gifford. Somehow, after that, everyone else seemed to be anticlimactic.

JustRalph
12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
What? You weren't into Dennis Miller and obscure references to Nietzsche or weird jokes about St. Thomas Aquinas ?

magwell
12-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Whenever Monday Night Football is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is the team of Don Meridith, Howard Cosell, and Frank Gifford. Somehow, after that, everyone else seemed to be anticlimactic. You just said it all......And its a sad sad day.:(

Rookies
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
What? You weren't into Dennis Miller and obscure references to Nietzsche or weird jokes about St. Thomas Aquinas ?

Dennis Miller was someone who thought he was bigger and smarter than the game. As is normally the case, he was neither and a nothing.

Although I was never impressed with company shill Gifford (who embarassed himself with that nut, sickeningly aggrandizing wife), I liked the debates between Dandy Don and Cosell. THEY made it work for so long.

RIP Don.:ThmbUp:

canleakid
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE COWBOY WINS !!!! AND YOUR MONDAY NIGHT GIG WAS GREAT TOO. RIP DANDY DAN ;)

Marshall Bennett
12-06-2010, 07:20 PM
He is a huge part of my childhood memories. He was the 60's Cowboy's driving force. Perkins & Hayes wouldn't have been without him. RIP tough guy.

teddy
12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Whenever Monday Night Football is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is the team of Don Meridith, Howard Cosell, and Frank Gifford. Somehow, after that, everyone else seemed to be anticlimactic.

Dandy Don , Cossell and Meridith were by far the zenith... worst ever... Dennis Millers poor attempt to constantly talk down to the public and laugh during his every sentence. Seriously who ever selected him as an announcer for MNF should have been canned and probably was.