PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Ravens Game

PhantomOnTour
12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
A few observations (from a Stillers fan):

1) Big Ben is a burly beasty manly man...a FOOTBALL player (and i dare say a Hall Of Famer as well)
2) Joe Flacco ain't the one. By 'the one' I mean a Super Bowl caliber QB
3) Speaking of the Super Bowl...I don't think either of these two teams will make it to the big game, despite the fact that the Ravens were my pre-season pick to win the AFC.
4) Terrell Suggs is also a burly beasty manly man, and a FOOTBALL player
5) Going into the game i thought Baltimore would win
6) It's nice to beat your rival :)

Go Steelers

slew101
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Roethlisberger is a great QB and great football player. Certain Hall of Famer, IMO. The plays he makes when in trouble in the pocket are incredible. Considering all the times he holds the ball up, it's amazing he doesn't fumble more.

I had Pitt last night simply because you knew it would close and these teams usually split their games. That said, I thought all was lost when Pitt didn't score a TD when they got 1st and goal at 10-3.

The Ravens really mishandled the final minutes. I think Flacco was strip-sacked on 2nd and 5. I'm all for playing aggressive, but you have to run there, and if you're going to pass, how do you not account for Palamaou on the outside? Even if the Ravens run twice and don't get the first down, they were near midfield. You punt and force Pitt to go 80 yards with no timeouts. Then the busted tackle on the TD pass and not trying the 48-yard FG.

Ravens just sealed the 5 or 6 seed.

JustRalph
12-06-2010, 02:04 PM
you can't run in that situation when you can't run in any situation

They have no running game............

cj
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
That was a big time choke for Flacco.

I will say the Ravens are a very good team for about 58 minutes, but the vaunted D never seems to come up with the big stop late in the big games. How do they not tackle Redman?

cj's dad
12-06-2010, 03:50 PM
A few observations (from a Stillers fan):

1) Big Ben is a burly beasty manly man...a FOOTBALL player (and i dare say a Hall Of Famer as well)
2) Joe Flacco ain't the one. By 'the one' I mean a Super Bowl caliber QB
3) Speaking of the Super Bowl...I don't think either of these two teams will make it to the big game, despite the fact that the Ravens were my pre-season pick to win the AFC.
4) Terrell Suggs is also a burly beasty manly man, and a FOOTBALL player
5) Going into the game i thought Baltimore would win
6) It's nice to beat your rival :)

Go Steelers

POT, I'll try to help you out here. Flacco has a very weak O line. This can be proven by the yardage that Ray Rice is NOT getting. Joe the QB is under constant pressure and as someone else posted, how do you not account for Troy Pileofhairgoo lined up off tackle with a clear shot to the QB ??

I would think that Flacco in year 3 is very good; he made some good throws last night.

One final thought; Big Ben looked real good w/ that broken nose; maybe the girl he assaulted was watching and got some enjoyment out of that- I hope so, I sure did !

That was a big time choke for Flacco.

Joe isn't calling the plays !

PhantomOnTour
12-06-2010, 03:59 PM
I suppose after 10yrs or so passes people will forget about Ben's off-field behavior, much like they've forgotten about Ray Lewis' involvement in a fracas that left a man dead.

Take all the shots you want at Ben, but the bottom line is that he's better than Joe Flacco, period. When you say "how do you not account for Troy..." who do you mean by 'you'? To me it means YOU Flacco...how do YOU not account for him? I know you saw him there with all that hair and stuff right? Flacco should have been more aware.

ldiatone
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I suppose after 10yrs or so passes people will forget about Ben's off-field behavior, much like they've forgotten about Ray Lewis' involvement in a fracas that left a man dead.

Take all the shots you want at Ben, but the bottom line is that he's better than Joe Flacco, period. When you say "how do you not account for Troy..." who do you mean by 'you'? To me it means YOU Flacco...how do YOU not account for him? I know you saw him there with all that hair and stuff right? Flacco should have been more aware.

cj's daddio
he's right ya know!

ps spell check. POLAMALU

cj's dad
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
cj's daddio
he's right ya know!

ps spell check. POLAMALU

In his mind I'm sure he believes that !

I'll take Flacco right now over Big Ben because he has a huge up side while BB is on the way down.

I would think that Flacco in year 3 is very good; he made some good throws last night. His line stinks !!

sandpit
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
In his mind I'm sure he believes that !

I'll take Flacco right now over Big Ben because he has a huge up side while BB is on the way down.

I would think that Flacco in year 3 is very good; he made some good throws last night. His line stinks !!

On his way down? The guy isn't Brett Favre. He's in his 7th year, and with his durability, he could easily go 10 more.

The Ravens line may be average, but Pittsburgh's has some injuries that have them in makeshift mode as well.

cj's dad
12-06-2010, 11:20 PM
On his way down? The guy isn't Brett Favre. He's in his 7th year, and with his durability, he could easily go 10 more.

The Ravens line may be average, but Pittsburgh's has some injuries that have them in makeshift mode as well.

Hmmmm Big ben, let's see--concussions, broken nose, foot problems, court dates, motorcycle accidents, ..... I'll take my chances with Joe the QB. He may be around a bit longer :ThmbUp:

sandpit
12-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Hmmmm Big ben, let's see--concussions, broken nose, foot problems, court dates, motorcycle accidents, ..... I'll take my chances with Joe the QB. He may be around a bit longer :ThmbUp:

Ben has missed a whopping 8 games in his six years before the league imposed suspension. Maybe not a tough as Favre, but pretty damn good. I can't remember, but a few of those might have been because of his ignorant motorcycle wreck too.

I have no problem with Flacco's stamina either, he's yet to miss a game in 2+ years. And he should be around longer than Ben, he's got a 4 year head start, so to speak.